Chapter 3

Unbreakable

“Uncle, is it okay for you to stop the taxi at the nearby florist shop there? I need to get some flowers... “

 

“Okay but don’t be long..”

 

You were greeted with an array of fragrance as you stepped into the shop. All kinds of flowers with splendid colours were displayed, looking very fresh and dewy. Unlike most women, you belonged to the category of women that disliked flowers. It was nothing to do with any allergy but just no special preferences to these plants. You generally also did not fancy people giving flowers as a form of gesture to express their sentiments. You eyes scanned the available flowers on sale and were trying to single out a particular flower that you need when you caught sight of yellow tulips at a corner, slightly unbloomed.

 

“Guess who’s here?” Jaehwan chirped as he covered your eyes with his hand.

 

“Who else can it be?” you responded as you moved his hand away from your eyes and continued cooking.

 

“Ta-dah! Look what I’ve got for you!” Jaehwan said in a jovial tone as he handed out a bouquet of tulips from his back. Your gaze shifted from his face to the tulips.

 

“Tulips? Again? We’ve been together for 2 years and every single month you give me these flowers..” you sighed while preparing to turn off the stove for the finished dish. You then felt Jaehwan wrapping his arms around your waist from the back and felt his defined chin resting on your left shoulder.

 

“Remember the day after I saved you at the bridge? I brought these tulips to your house and that was the first time I ever see you smiled and from then on, I just wanted you to be happy..”

 

He was right. Right after the dark cloud that enveloped your life that night, Jaehwan appeared as if sent by Heavens to cast a ray of light in your life. Not only did he saved you but your life was never the same after that. He gave you the will and faith to carry on with life despite the obstacles you faced and also managed to brighten up every day of your life. Sooner than you imagined, this guy made you fall head over heels for him with his bursting energy to live life to its fullest while yet being humble and caring to you. As you turned around to hug him, your heart told you that you would not want a single moment being separated from this angel that has ruled your heart.