Chapter 2

Unbreakable

You mustered the courage to stand on the railings. Your fingers were gripped tight on the railings as you looked down on the vast river below. Your eyes were sore from all the tears that you cried just now and you were void of energy left to live and breathe for another moment. The world seemed too fast for you to catch a single breath to calm yourself.

 

“I’m sorry Ms ________..but your parents both have passed away unfortunately.. seemed like a suicide case..”

 

The words were still ringing in your ears and you could feel the cold harsh reality seeping through the veins of your body, making your body feeling numb and cold. You felt really lonely and helpless. Everything was gone in a split second leaving no room for questions and answers.

 

You did not find the meaning of living worthwhile anymore without your parents. You leaned forward slightly and raised your right leg higher to go over the railings as hot tears streamed down your cheeks. You just wanted to put a stop to the tightness and pain you felt in your chest. All of a sudden, a strong force grabbed your arms and pulled you off the railings and you landed back on the flat ground on both feets. You were confused that instead of flying down to the river, you were back on the road and more than confused, you felt a warm body presence near you who had his hand gripped tight to your arm restraining you from doing anything. With swollen teary eyes, you looked up and saw the two eyes that pleaded you to continue breathing for another day. You saw two eyes that gave you a glimmer of hope.