Chapter 2

The Penpal

I opened my locker and immediately saw an envelope. Right where I expected it to be. My History teacher personally dropped the letters into the student's lockers. Just like he did most of the time. I checked the time. There were five minutes to the bell. Might as well read the letter before class.

 
Dear Melody,
 
Jinja??? Wow, I really wish I could've been there. Hmm...well what I would do in that situation is have a little fun, but in the end, I'll be the student that does the right thing. Yeah, I know that's pretty lame of me, but hey that's just me, hahahaa..
 
Pali pali! I wanna hear your new song! Hehe, sorry for rushing you, but I can't tell you how in love I am with your music. Your lyrics are different and they're not always focused on break ups or falling in love or anything of the like. Your lyrics are way more than that. And to complete your amazing lyrics, a certain melody and sound is added to it, then voila! THE BEST SONG EVER! 
 
I don't know, but sometimes I feel like your saesang fan. Is that weird? Okayyy, I'll try my best to be patient. This little deer will be obedient from now on, hehe. I hope you have good day. Please wish me luck as I go through many obstacles today. Write back soon!
 
~ XiaoLu
 
My heart skipped a beat when he complimented my songs. I smiled to myself, knowing that he was in love with my music. So far, I have sent him five songs that I composed myself. Right now I'm working on a new song and apparently, he really can't wait to hear it. I chuckled to myself when he said that he felt like my saesang fan. 
 
"Hello?" I looked to my left to see an angel from above. No wait, it wasn't an angel, but he sure looked like one. Apparently he said hi to me a first time and I was too absorbed in the letter to return his greeting. Now that I see him, I'm now too absorbed in his face. He waved his hand in front of me to check if I was still sane or not. I immediately shook myself out of my daze.
 
"Oh hi," I said. I smiled to show him that I was a normal person. He smiled back. Why did he do that? Dude, do you know that you can kill someone with a smile like that?
 
"Can you help me find my locker?" he asked. "I'm new here."
 
"Sure," I said. "What's your locker number?" 
 
"409," he responded. I nodded and headed to his locker. We reached his locker in a matter of seconds, as it wasn't very far from my own. 
 
"Wow, it wasn't even that far," he said. "You could've just gave me a few directions, you know."
 
I mentally slapped myself. I felt my cheeks started to heat up. Pabo, you are such a pabo Kim Min Jae. I bit my lip and frowned at the same time. It was a habit of mine whenever I felt humiliated or embarrassed. The guy laughed, then held his hand out for me to shake.
 
"Thanks for the help," he said. "I'm Luhan." I slowly took his hand and shook it. His hand felt soft in between my fingers. Almost like a girls...
 
"Your welcome," I said. "I'm Kim Min Jae." The warning bell rang, which meant that you have four minutes to get to class.
 
"I'll see you around," Luhan said. He waved goodbye and headed to his first class. I waved back and headed to mine as well.
 
I got to class a few seconds before the final bell rang. I sat down in my seat and waved to Hyunseung. He returned my greeting with a nod and a smile. The teacher wasn't here yet, which was normal. He was usually late to class, so I took the time to organize my supplies on my desk. 
 
"Hmm helpful and organized," someone said behind me. I turned around to see the angel. Oops, I meant Luhan. Seriously, he could easily be mistaken for an angel. He smiled at me and waved hi.
 
"Hi again," he said. "Can I see your schedule?" 
 
I stared at him as if he was just joking. It was only when he held out his hand when I knew he wasn't joking. I handed it to him and watched his face. Damn, he is really cute. It didn't seem possible that someone was that cute. Luhan looked away from my schedule and started waving his hand in front of my face. Oops, I got absorbed in his face again. Pabo Min Jae!!
 
"Oh sorry, what did you say?" I asked.
 
"I said that it looks like I won't need any help finding my classes." he replied.
 
"Really? Why?" I asked. Could he have found all his classes already?
 
"Cuz you and I have the same exact schedule," he said. It took me a minute to fill in the blanks. I looked at him weirdly.
 
"Oh, so you're gonna stalk me the whole day, huh?" I guessed. I tried to imagine him stalking me the whole day. To be honest, it didn't seem creepy at all. Is that weird?
 
"Yup," he said. "Just think of me as a little deer you met in the woods. And the little deer happened to take an interest in you. That's why he's following you." Luhan flashed me a deadly smile. Why did you have to put that way?! The words "happened to take an interest in you" were stuck in my head. I felt my cheeks start to heat up. 
 
"Okay," I responded. I turned around in my seat before he could catch me blushing. And just in time too, the teacher entered the classroom. He said his apologies and was about to indulge in the lesson, when he spotted Luhan. 
 
"Ah, you're the new student. Correct?" he said. "Come up here and introduce yourself to the class."
 
Luhan got up from his seat and made his way to the front of the classroom. I noticed that every girl in the room tore their eyes away from whatever they were looking at and focused their full attention on Luhan. You feel me now!
 
"Hi, I'm Luhan," he said. "I guess I only have one thing to say: I am a man." Hearing the words, "I am a man," the class erupted into a sea of laughter. Luhan walked back to his seat with a huge smile plastered on his face. Hmm, I have a feeling that this guy has many surprises in store..