☼ YS/DB ☾

☼ Night Sun ☾
☼ Yoseob's POV ☾
 
I take a deep breathe, checking my phone screen to see the clock. It's 7 PM already and I'm feeling nervous all of a sudden.
 
Today is my birthday. And here I am now, sitting on the bench where I used to have dinner with Dalbit for a month. I am waiting for her to get ready.
 
It's a date we promised to enjoy on New Year's Eve. I miss her. I really do. That's why I worked on all my schedule since morning and rushed to the house as fast as possible.
 
She was still sleeping when I arrived. When she knew that I've came, she woke up immediately.
 
I gave the recording of our special performance for her. I told her to watch it after the date but she insisted to watch the performance together the moment she woke up.
 
She smiled through the whole performance. She even did some dance moves during our Beautiful performance. I was glad she loved our performance even though I would be happier if she could watch the live performance.
 
"I'm sorry for making you wait," Dalbit's voice makes me return to reality. I turn around to look her wearing white sweater and black jacket. She wears pink gloves to cover her hands.
 
"Forgiven," I grin wider, offering my hand for her to take. "Let's enjoy our date tonight."
 
"Wait," Aunt Hori steps out with her husband. She puts a scarf around Dalbit's neck with worried face. "Wear this, Dalbit ah."
 
"Thank you," Dalbit smiles calmly. She hugs both of her parents, making Aunt Hori to shed her tears. It's not like I'm going to take away Dalbit and not returning her, right?
 
Dalbit takes my hand and waves to her parents, "Good night. I will enjoy tonight for sure."
 
I embrace her hand gently, smiling all the way. I miss her so much that I don't want to let go of her hand.
 
We walk around and we even watch a musical performance by little kids in the town square. I can't help myself to smile along because Dalbit never stop smiling.
 
"Here," Dalbit hands me a present. It's a scrapbook. "Don't open it now. Open it when I'm gone."
 
"Yah!" I scold her with panic. "Don't say such a thing! You know I don't like it."
 
"I'm sorry, Yoseob Oppa," she chuckles as if she was only joking. She pats my head gently, "Open it when you're home, will you?"
 
"Fine," I rest my forehead on hers. From this close, I can see her lips are really dry. Probably because of the coldness and her disease as well.
 
I caress her cheek softly and lean closer to her until our lips meet.
 
"I'm sorry," Dalbit murmurs when I part away from the kiss with blushed cheeks. She smiles softly, "It's really dry, isn' it? It must be uncomfortable for you."
 
"Stop apologizing," I tell her. My heart aches when she apologizes to me. "Thank you for tonight, Dalbit. This birthday will be the most memorable one for me."
 
"I'm glad to hear it," she rests her head on my shoulder, embracing my hand. I rest my head on hers, listening to her. "You don't know how long I've been waiting for today."
 
"You don't know either," I chuckle, closing my eyes to feel the comfortable feeling I feel when I'm with her.
 
"Yoseob Oppa?" she mutters my name sweetly.
 
"Hmm?" I react shortly.
 
"I love you," she embraces my hand a little bit tighter.
 
"I love you more," my lips form into a curve.
 
We sit there, in the middle of town square, in silence for around ten minutes. When I realize that it's getting colder, I decide to return now.
 
"Dalbit?" I turn to her but there is no reaction from her. I pull away, making her almost fall behind. I catch her, pulling her into a hug. Why doesn't she move?
 
"Dalbit ah, don't sleep here," I mutter but she doesn't say a word.

Her pale face, her cold cheeks.
 
No. It's impossible.
 
"Dalbit, come on. Don't sleep here," my tears start to roll down even though I don't want to admit what I'm thinking is true. My voice starts to waver. "Open your eyes."
 
Silence.
 
She is sleeping in peace.
 
 
☼ Dalbit's POV ☾
 
Since New Year, I already have a feeling that my life span has shortened. Even though I am not allowed to walk around anymore, my feeling tells me that my time is running out.
 
I want to make a last painting for Yoseob's birthday but my disease is worsen now. I can't even hold the bruise to paint anymore.
 
When I told my parents this morning that I would go out with Yoseob tonight, they objected my request, telling me that it's too risky for me.
 
For the first time in my life, besides I refused to go for a special treatment, I begged my parents to let me go out with Yoseob.
 
They kept telling me that more days would be good for them to spend with me if I didn't go with Yoseob, but they stopped when I told them my reason.
 
I want to celebrate his birthday today because I know that I can't celebrate it next year. No matter how hard I try to live, next year is impossible for me.
 
So at least I need to enjoy tonight. I don't want to leave any regret in my life. I want to make Yoseob happy until the last second of my life.
 
When he came and gave me the recording of their special performance for me, I thought I almost cried the tears of joy. I'm glad that I met them even though it's a short meeting.
 
As we walk around, I can feel my body is feeling weaker that I ask Yoseob to sit on a bench. When he leans in to kiss me, giving me my first kiss, I swear that I can see the heaven when I close my eyes. Ah, I'm exaggerating things now.
 
"I'm sorry. It's really dry, isn' it? It must be uncomfortable for you," I smile, looking at his blushed cheeks. I know my lips are really dry now.
 
"Stop apologizing," he scolds me softly. "Thank you for tonight, Dalbit. This birthday will be the most memorable one for me."
 
"I'm glad to hear it," I rest my head on his shoulder, feeling really tired for no reason. I embrace his hand slowly and he rests his on mine. "You don't know how long I've been waiting for today."
 
"You don't know either," I hear Yoseob chuckles as I close my eyes. I will miss his voice soon.
 
"Yoseob Oppa?" I call his name, hoping that it's not the last time I can call his name. I can feel I lose my sense slowly now.
 
"Hmm?" He hums, returning the embrace.
 
"I love you," I say slowly. It's even difficult for me to say the word. The word that describes my heart.
 
I feel really tired now that I can't even open my eyes. The only strength I have now is the one I use to embrace his hand.
 
But it even loosens now; I can feel I'm going to stop breathing any second.
 
"I love you more."
 
When I hear his words, I smile weakly.
 
I think I can sleep now. I feel tired.
 
Those are the last words I've heard.