Decisions

A Lost Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Really doc?' Taeyeon asked, not believing what she just heard. 

'Yeah,' Her doctor said with a smile. Taeyeon could not believe what just happened. Since young, because of her illness, she could not walk or do activities like a normal human could. Therefore, all she hoped for was just to be able to walk like how the rest of the people could. What her doctor just told her was like her childhood dream being fulfilled. She could not contain her emotions and cried out loud, with tears of joy streaming down her pretty face. Her father and mother went to her and hugged her tightly. 

'You are supposed to be happy, why are you crying?' Kim Omma asked, but she herself was also tearing after seeing her daughter like this. 

'It is all over, Baby Taeng, everything is going to be fine,' Kim Appa said. The three of them remained embracing each other before Kim Appa let go and asked the Doctor to continue explaining the treatment to Taeyeon. After all, she is the patient who is going through the treatment. 

'Taeyeon, there are a few things I would like to tell you about your treatment. Firstly, it would not be done in South Korea. Our medical industy are developing real quick, but we do not have the facilities ready yet for your operation. Luckily, we have contacted hospitals worldwide and Wellington Hospital in England has accepted you as a patient and are willing to give treatment for you in England,' Her doctor informed. 

'Oh I see. So how long would I have to stay in England?' Taeyeon asked. 

The smile that was on her doctor's face faded. 

'Taeyeon, I know you would like to return to South Korea as soon as possible, but I'm sorry, you may not be able to. The whole treatment takes 5 years.' Her doctor said. 

'Waeyo? I thought after the surgery I would be fine already?' Taeyeon asked.

'Nope. It is not that simple. After surgery, you have to go through therapy and there will be re-assessments every year to check on your progress and whether the illness has been totally cured. So, you would have to stay in England for 5 years.' Her doctor explained.

Taeyeon was taken aback by the news she just heard. 5 years? 5 years spent in a foreign country. Yes, wanting to walk has always been her dream since childhood. If it was a year ago, Taeyeon would have agreed without any thought. But now, things were different. 5 years not in South Korea, means she will not get to see Ji Yong for 5 years.. Is she able to do that? Ji Yong is her first ever friend she made, and since today, her first love. Can she leave just like that for 5 years? How would Ji Yong feel? Tons of questions were bombarded into her head. In the end, she decided...

The next day, it was another typical school day. Ji Yong, being the lazy kid he is, was daydreaming while the teacher was teaching in class. Taeyeon, on the other hand, was paying attention to every detail the teacher was saying. A model student. Eventually, the school bell rang, signaling the end of class. Ji Yong, as usual, went straight to Taeyeon and push her wheelchair. He seemed very happy as he was humming a tune while pushing Taeyeon's wheelchair. 

'Ji,' Taeyeon said. 

'Yeah Taeng?' Ji Yong asked. 

'Let's go to the cafe, where your noona accompanied us for lunch that day,' Taeyeon suggested. 

'Wae? I thought you liked eating in school?' Ji Yong asked. 

'The food there is nice! And anyway, this is our first lunch together as a couple right?' Taeyeon replied and asked cheekily. 

'Yeah I guess so,' Ji Yong replied nervously, blushing. 

'Ya why are you so nervous? After such a great confession yesterday,' Taeyeon teased. 

'Ya this is embarrassing okay! Let's just go to the cafe fast!' Ji Yong said, pushing Taeyeon's wheelchair faster. 

'Aigoo Ji I didn't know you had this side of you. Ji, saranghae!' Taeyeon said, smiling. 

'What's with the sudden I love you?' Ji Yong asked. 

'Couples are suppose to express their feelings often don't you know that Ji?' Taeyeon asked, acting like she was disappointed. 

'Oh anniya I'm sorry! I didn't mean it that way. Taeng, I love you too!' Ji Yong replied. 

'I was just teasing you Ji. You are so cute,' Taeyeon said happily. Being called cute by Taeyeon was probably the happiest thing Ji Yong could ever hope for. He grinned to himself foolishly after hearing that as he push Taeyeon's wheelchair towards the cafe. 

At the cafe, after ordering their food, Ji Yong and Taeyeon were chatting as per usual. 

'Ji,' Taeyeon said.

'Yeah Taeng?' Ji Yong asked. 

'What is your address?' Taeyeon asked.

'Wae? Why do you want my address suddenly?' Ji Yong, curious. 

'Aigoo Ji! Don't you know c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter