Chapter 9. Unbreakable Bond

Where The Wolves Went

Chapter 9. Unbreakable Bond

 

Luhan practiced moving his tail and ears, it was a new sensation to him but it felt oddly familiar, he assumed it was because of his past. "See, soon the feeling will come naturally, you'll react to sounds around you and your tail movement will change based on your emotions," Minseok spoke as he brushed Luhan's jet black tail.

He nodded and closed his eyes, enjoying the time he could spend with Minseok, "Lu-ge..." He whispered.

"Hmm?" Luhan looked questioningly at him.

"You haven't shifted yet..." Minseok's eyes darted nervously.

Luhan shrugged, "and?"

He sighed, "you can only become a wolf once you complete the first shift, but..." He hesitated, "it is a choice, you can choose to stay human and return from where you came from, or you can become one with your wolf, join a pack and find a mate."

Luhan saw Minseok's saddened expression and gave him a gentle kiss on the lips, "I won't leave as long as you stay with me forever."

Minseok nodded and they locked lips again, treasuring each second that passed.

 

Suho growled in irritation, "we can't just watch him fade away like dust! He's done nothing but help us all!"

Lay nodded sadly, "there's nothing we can do Suho, we have to make sure that we are ready for when the time comes."

Tao nodded in agreement and Suho scowled, "why do I feel so powerless?"

Lay his cheek and gave him a comforting smile, "you're just trying to be kind, we have to look out for each other and when one of us is in danger of falling, we are there to catch them."

Suho melted at Lay's words and nodded weakly, he fell into the male's comforting embrace and felt Lay's tail curl comforting lying around his waist. "Do you guys have to flirt in here?" Tao grimaced.

"Get out Tao, don't think I don't see the way you look at Kris," Suho growled.

He blushed and ran out the room before colliding into someone, he fell on his back and yelped as a sharp pain shot through his spine, "sorry Tao are you ok?"

... That voice. 

Anyone but him!

Tao stared up at Kris and looked down at his outstretched hand, he hesitantly grabbed it and was swiftly pulled up off the ground, Tao winced as he felt the pain in his back and Kris noticed. "Here let me help..." He smiled.

Tao panicked as he lifted him off the ground but relaxed as he looked into his sandy eyes, he curled his tail around Kris' arm unknowingly and he saw a light pink hue visible on the taller male's face. Kris carefully carried him into the other room and laid him gently on a chair, "I'm really sorry, I'll look after you if you want," he frowned apologetically.

Tao shook his head and grinned, "it's fine really..."

"No, please let me make it up to you!" Kris pleaded.

Tao felt his cheeks burning and nodded almost too eagerly, "o... okay."

Kris offered to go hunt for some game and give it to Tao as a gift and left before he could protest. Kris shifted halfway through the door and charged across the fields and searched for a scent, there were patches of emerald grass sprouting from beneath his paws, the tree was recovering rapidly. He padded across the thawing snow and sniffed the ground. The distant smell of human cooking fires lingered around him and he perked up, he cautiously followed the scent and noticed a small pillar of smoke rising from the horizon. Humans had wandered North, this could put all the wolves at risk. Kris took a step back and fear clouded his vision as he saw the silhouette of a human coming up from the distance, before he could react, arrows began to fall like rain. Kris ran for his life, arrows occasionally grazed him until one got lodged in his hind leg. He yelped and watched the red blood stain the white snow, he limped further and further until he collapsed from exhaustion. Blurry figures stood over him and his vision was growing darker as each second passed, constant bickering between the humans was all he could hear and he let out a pained breath before falling unconscious.

 

 Luhan stared out the window with a troubled expression, Minseok sighed and his ears twitched anxiously, Tao had a constant waterfall of tears streaming down his face and he kept mumbling that everything was his fault. Kris had not returned and Suho was pacing back and forth annoyed, "we have to look for him! There's no way he would've vanished unless he was in danger."

Luhan nodded, "Kris wouldn't just disappear, he always knew what he was doing and why he was doing it."

Just then, Baekyhun and Chanyeol burst through the door breathless, "Suho! We've got trouble!" Baekhyun panted.

"Explain yourselves," Suho turned to them.

"We were looking for Kris when we picked up an unfamiliar scent, we thought it could lead us to Kris so we followed it but..." Chanyeol's expression darkened, "we saw Mei..."

"Don't joke about that!" Suho snapped.

Chanyeol shook his head, "I'm not joking, it was her and she had a whole group of humans with her."

Suho cursed under his breath and clenched his fists, "so... Mei finally returns home..."

Luhan looked at Minseok confused, "who's she?" He whispered.

Minseok delved deep into Suho's mind and as the story unravelled in his mind he shivered, "don't worry about it Luhan..." he spoke softly.

Luhan wanted to know but kept quiet for now, he knew it was not the time. Suho dismissed everyone and fell to his knees once everyone had left, he felt salty tears trickling down his face and sobbed into his hands. Lay rushed into the room and knelt down, he hugged the frail figure and whispered gently into his ear to calm his down. Suho continued sobbing as Lay comforted him and held him tightly, Lay needed to know why and knew that asking Suho was the only way.

 

Luhan stared at Minseok's pained expression and frowned, "Minseok... how do you do that?"

"Do what?" He looked at Luhan questioningly.

"Read other people's minds," Luhan shrugged.

"I've been one of the legendary wolves for as long as I remember, my power goes far beyond what you know and I've had plenty of lonely years to practice," Minseok stared out at the fields.

He closed his eyes and snapped his fingers, a gentle snowfall began outside and Luhan watched as he twirled a snowflake around his fingers, "I've learnt many great secrets by reading the minds of others like a book..." He walked towards Luhan and placed the snowflake on his nose where it melted instantly, "that's what intrigues me about you, you're the only living creature that I have come across that I cannot read emotions, thoughts or feelings from."

Luhan stared intently at him with his shining crimson eyes, "you will learn to harness your power and use it to its full potential," Minseok nodded.

"You said your power goes far beyond what I know... what is it about your power that I don't know?" He tilted his head.

Minseok chuckled, "many things, but you will soon see."

Luhan growled in frustration and the older male laughed at him, Chen walked in the room and bit into the apple he was holding, "Minseok hyung I need you help me carry something."

Luhan tilted his head, "why not me?"

"Have you seen Minseok's muscles? He's a lot stronger than you trust me," Chen scoffed.

Luhan pouted and glanced at Minseok's powerful arms, it brought a slight blush to his face. The other two left and he sat in the room alone, he thought about all of the secrets that were being kept from him and groaned in frustration, he clenched his fists and let out a deep growl. A large chest was flung to the other side of the room and Luhan jumped at the sudden movement, he stared at the chest in shock and clenched his fist again. Nothing happened. Luhan shook away his thoughts and tried to move the chest again, but to no avail, he gave up and slid down the wall. He felt so weak in comparison to the others, he was basically a pup in the knowledge of wolves, he punched the wall in anger and the chest moved slightly. Luhan stared at it and back at his hand, he hovered his hand over the chest and thought of everything that made him frustrated and a angry, he felt the chest move slightly and then he channelled all of his rage into one swift movement and he flung the chest at the opposite wall again. His eyes shone a bright ruby red and he lowered his arm, Minseok walked back into the room and rushed up to Luhan, "what did you do?" He frowned.

 He pointed at the dent in the wall and spoke with a weakened voice, "I moved it without touching it."

Minseok sighed, "that's your power Luhan... telekinesis." 

Luhan's eyes widened as Minseok froze his arms to the wall behind him, "what are you doing?!" He snapped.

Minseok frowned sadly, "I have to, or you'll end up destroying the whole room, your power will become strong in a short space of time, you'll probably shift tonight and you might lose your mind unless I restrain you, every wolf has to do this."

Minseok took a step back from Luhan, "you'll be okay as long as you listen to me."

He nodded and breathed heavily, "can you hug me? It's cold."

"I'm colder," Minseok shook his head.

"Please?" Luhan looked up at his with his big doe eyes.

Minseok hesistated before lying beside him and cuddling into his chest, "you love me right?"

Luhan smiled at him, "of course."

"Then... choose me," Minseok whispered.

"For what?" He spoke softly.

"Nothing, never mind..." Minseok cuddled closer to him.

Luhan sighed contentedly and before he knew it, it became night and the moonlight shone through the window and illuminated his face. He gently caressed Minseok's cheek and smiled, "I choose you..." He whispered.

Minseok grinned and pressed his lips against Luhan's, he melted the ice that restrained him and allowed the male to move freely. He gave himself up to Luhan, that stupid, adorable deer- like boy. His Luhan.

"I'll be yours if you'll be mine..." Luhan whispered softly to him.

They both shifted into wolves under the light of the full moon, they formed an unbreakable bond....