Chapter 7. My Opposite...

Where The Wolves Went

Chapter 7. My Opposiste...

 

Suho scratched his chin and started placing them into pairs that he thought were compatible, "Chanyeol you go with... Baekhyun, Tao goes with Kris, I'll go with... Lay, Minseok you're going with Luhan, Kai will take Kyungsoo with him, and that leaves... Sehun and Chen." 

"Those two will just mess around," Lay smirked.

"Yep!" Chen grinned mischievously.

Suho just ignored him and nodded at Kai, he grabbed Chen's hand and Sehun's in the other and with a small dark cloud of smoke they were gone. Kai reappeared and took Kris and Tao there, then Chanyeol and Baekhyun, then Suho and Lay and finally Luhan and Minseok.

"Let's get going," Kai beckoned Minseok.

He smiled and held Kai's hand which made Luhan feel a pang of jealously before grabbing Kai's other hand, Luhan watched as the world blackened and suddenly it was like a veil of mist was pulled back as they stumbled forward and saw they were inside a huge, maze like valley. The walls were made of varieties of blackened rock and glimmering stone, with ivy and other vegetation crawling up the walls and desperately clinging to them as if they were trying to reach the surface. Luhan stared with curiosity and one of the ancient walls, somehow the texture of the stone felt familiar and comforting. Minseok was almost like a beacon in the dark, his white fur seemed to shine slightly and his purple eyes sparkled like tiny fireflies. "Let's split up, if we scan out in all directions we will probably find it, and if anyone encounters any trouble make sure to howl as loud as possible so we can track you," Suho nodded.

Luhan looked over at Minseok with worry only to receive a comforting smile, "let's go Luhan!"

He nodded and followed his little beacon of light into one of the many passageways, he knew that at least one of the others would get hurt and felt the weight of guilt on his shoulders. This was going to take a while...

 

Kai led the shorter male into a passageway, he saw the worried expression on the omega's face and laughed, "it's ok I'll protect you," he smiled before his dull black fur.

Kyungsoo swatted the alpha's hand away and pouted slightly, "don't underestimate me..." He mumbled.

Kai smirked, "I won't I'm afraid I'll be hit by one of your pies."

"Who told you about that?!" DO's face turned red with anger.

"Suho, he said you really overreacted," Kai tried to hold in his fit of giggles.

"We're not here to talk about pie, we have to help Luhan hyung!" DO growled in irritation.

Kai nodded, "you're right but... I think we've been walking without realising where we were going..."

Kingdom's eyes widened as he realised they were completely lost, "you idiot!" He snapped.

Kai stumbled back as Kyungsoo shifted and pounced on him, the omega was certainly strong for... an omega. Kai shifted too and tried to pry the wolf off him but realised that DO had a terrifying amount of strength. "Kyungsoo! Stop being irrational!" Kai growled.

DO jumped off the alpha and muttered an apology, Kai breathed a sigh of relief, "how did you manage to pin me down like that?"

"My element is strength, I can easily outmatch any alpha... Well any normal alpha," he remembered how powerful Minseok and other wolves were in legends.

Kai observed Kyungsoo's wolf form and bit his lip, DO wasn't the same build as other omega's, he had powerful legs and long smoky black fur that had occasional grey tones in it. His muscles were very visible and he could easily be mistaken for a beta or maybe even an alpha like himself. DO caught Kai staring and nudged the huge alpha wolf, "what are you looking at Jongin!?" He snapped.

"Nothing!" Kai blurted.

"Well let's hurry up and find a way out of here," DO growled.

Kai grinned and followed the wolf that caught his eye, there was something different about Kyungsoo that he just couldn't put his finger on... Well paw on...

 

Chanyeol excitedly jumped up and down while Baekhyun sighed, "I can't believe we're going on an adventure!" Chanyeol giggled.

Baekhyun couldn't help but smile at his overly energetic friend and he smirked, "you do know we could die in here right?"

Chanyeol shrugged, "I'll just sacrifice you."

"How kind..." Baekhyun grumbled.

They advanced on through the valley and Chanyeol felt fear creeping up on him as they got further into the darkness, "hey Baekhyun," he whispered.

"What!?" Baekhyun quietly yelled back.

"Is it just me or do I feel like we're being watched?" Chanyeol shivered.

Baekhyun nodded and clutched his friend's hand tightly, "I feel it too..." He whispered softly.

Chanyeol felt relieved that the omega was with him and he unknowingly Baekhyun's hand as they walked. Baekhyun wasn't complaining though, he enjoyed how slow his friend was when it came to things like feelings. Chanyeol felt on edge and his eyes darted to the huge valley walls and scanned them carefully, "stop!" Chanyeol commanded his friend.

Baekhyun looked nervously at the beta wolf, knowing that his senses were more acute since he was a wolf class higher than him.  Chanyeol watched the shadows creeping across the wall and his eyes widened, "get down quick!" He yelled.

Baekhyun was pushed down by his friend and he blushed as Chanyeol looked down at him with a grin, "Ch... Chanyeol, g... get off me!" Baekhyun struggled.

"You're welcome," Chanyeol pointed to the axe that was lodged in the stone where Baekhyun stood moments ago.

Baekhyun stared in shock and Chanyeol noticed the akward position they were in and pulled himself up and off the omega, Baekhyun felt his face burning but quickly shook his head and thanked him. Chanyeol smiled and walked over to the axe, "this thing is really cool..." he reached out and touched it before falling back in shock.

Baekhyun rushed over to him and inspected him, "you idiot," he mumbled.

"What is that thing?" He gasped for air.

Baekhyun looked at the dark fire that coated the axe, "it's probably a weapon of shadows, I read about them once."

"Woah... you can read!?" Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun.

He glared at the beta and scowled, "of course I can you numb skull!"

Chanyeol laughed and as he looked at the omega he felt his heart race for the first time, he smiled inwardly at his hand intertwined with Baekhyun's as they walked and he felt pleased to have such a great friend... or maybe... something more?...

 

Suho sat beside Lay as they had been travelling for a while and he smiled at the unicorn enthusiast, "you ok? You look kinda tired."

Lay nodded and smiled back, "I'm fine..."

Suho felt his forehead and frowned, "you're not fine Lay, I think you've got a fever."

Yixing sighed and shut his eyes, "to be honest... I'm scared Suho... for Minseok I mean..."

Suho closed his eyes as if in pain, "I know... I know." 

He patted Lay's back to try and comfort him, "but I'm more scared for Luhan... he really seems to like Minseok, I feel like they've had a long history together."

Suho felt a pain shoot through his chest and he felt pity for the oblivious doe eyed male, he saw a tear fall down Yixing's cheek and carefully wiped it away, "hey it's ok... it'll be ok."

Lay smiled at Suho, "yeah... maybe."

Suho stared at his weak friend and cupped his cheek, "you need to rest."

Yixing yawned and nodded sadly, he lay on Suho's lap and his eyes slowly drooped, "why couldn't I have the healing power? Then I could heal you Lay and you wouldn't be hurting like this..." he Yixings hair as he spoke softly into his ear.

Lay's tail wrapped around Suho's arm and he smiled, "I think I'm in love with you Yixing..." he whispered knowing that he couldn't hear him.

His small breaths came in reply and Suho grinned, "I'll look after you my unicorn..."

 

Tao and Kris walked along with their sensed tuned in sharply and they were on edge, Kris felt slightly better being with Tao and he gripped the other's hand tightly, "we'll have to find the others, I don't think we're safe out here."

Tao nodded and fear was evident in his shaky voice, "let's find them soon ok? And promise never to leave me!"

Kris smiled, "I won't leave you, I promise."

Tao sighed and felt comfort from their interlocked hands and they both smiled warmly at each other, "I'm glad you're with me..."Tao whispered.

Kris smirked as he heard the younger male speak the words, "I am too, I don't think I could ever make it on my own."

Tao giggled at this, "this hyung is silly!"

Kris grinned at the wolf and they both continued to search for as sign of the totem, Tao halted in front of a huge mural and stared at it suspiciously, Tao used his element and placed a time seer in front of it. they both observed the small wolf female that ran up to the wall in the past and drew the mural roughly, she had fur exactly like Minseok's and they tried to figure who she was before the seer vanished and the image was gone. They proceeded on and continued to puzzle over the mysterious girl, "Kris? Tao?" A familiar voice called out behind them.

"Kyungsoo?" Tao spun around quickly and smiled happily before hugging him tightly.

Kai smiled and Kris acknowledged the alpha's presence, "we should continue on as a group."

"I know, I can't help but feel as though we're not alone..." Kris muttered white scanning the walls.

Well... He was right after all...

 

Chen smirked as he and Sehun wandered through the endless passageways, "Sehun let's see if we can prank the others!" He giggled.

Sehun nodded mischeviously and they both shifted into their wolf forms, they ran rapidly through the passages until Sehun sensed a familiar scent in the distance, "Chanyeol and Baekhyun are somewhere around here!" He quietly called out to Chen.

Sehun charged forward until their scents got stronger, he sneakily rolled around in the mud to cover up his scent and Chen copied him. They both snuck through one of the passages and continued to laugh quietly amongst themselves. Chen paused and his ears twitched, Sehun stopped and watched him curiously, "is something wrong?" Sehun whispered.

Chen nodded and listened closely, he felt his jaw drop as he heard snickering from the valley walls and a distant scream. "follow me!" Chen shivered with worry.

Sehun nodded at Chen and anxiously followed him as the two wolves rapidly sped through the passageways, Sehun quickly halted and stared in shock at the scene before him. "Sehun! RUN!" Chanyeol yelled.

 

Suho jumped up from his sleep and panicked as he felt Chen was in danger, as the alpha of his pack he could sense the other wolves. Lay opened his eyes wearily and lifted his head off Suho's lap, "what's wrong?" He yawned.

"It's Chen..." Suho had fear in his eyes.

Almost as if by coincidence, a desperate howl was heard in the distance, "I think that's Sehun! We've got to go!" Lay panicked.

Suho shifted into his wolf form and Lay copied him, they both ran as fast as they could in the direction of Sehun, and they both had their hearts beating rapidly in worry. Suho crashed into another wolf and fell backwards to see that he had run into a very flustered Kai, "Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sehun are in trouble," Kai breathed as he got to his feet.

Suho shook himself off, "we've got to find them and fast!"

Kyungsoo, Kris and Tao ran up behind Kai and they all set off running as fast as their legs could carry them, Sehun's howl echoed through the next passage and Kai rushed forward, "SEHUN! WHERE ARE YOU!?" He roared.

Sehun was lying on the ground in his wolf form with blank eyes and Lay sensed something was off, "Kai don't go near him," Lay shouted,

Kai growled at him and walked towards the omega, suddenly, Kai was hit and flew back into the wall letting out a pained yelp. A huge shadow loomed over them and entered Sehun's body, Suho stared in fear as he got to his feet and opened his eyes to reveal crimson eyes, "greetings," Sehun grinned menacingly.

Suho growled at the shadow that had inhabited Sehun's body and he pushed Lay behind him, "how sweet, the alpha trying to protect his love," Sehun laughed evilly.

"Love? We're not..." Lay raised a brow.

"It's amusing how oblivious you wolves are!" Sehun chuckled darkly.

Suho charged for him but Sehun dodged with ease, "ok then, if you wanna fight then let's fight!" He grinned.

The shadow left Sehun's body and it fell limp, it dragged three other bodies from the darkness and placed them beside Sehun's, "Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Chen..." Lay breathed with fear evident in his voice.

The shadow seemed to consume all of the four bodies and the others stared in shock as the shadow transformed into a huge four headed wolf ten times the size of them. For each head, the symbols of wind, light, fire and electricity were tattooed onto their foreheads, each pair of eyes glowed crimson with power and its laugh echoed throughout the valley. Kai, Lay, Kyungsoo, Suho, Tao and Kris all backed away in fear, "help us Minseok, Luhan..." Suho breathed as he closed his eyes.

 

Luhan watched as Minseok skipped along happily, he smiled slightly and reached out and held Minseok's hand, he felt his cheeks heat up and gripped Luhan's hand tighter. They kept walking through the valley and stayed silent, "Luhan... do you know who... who I am?" He whispered.

Luhan looked at him curiously, "what do you mean? You're Minseok."

"You don't remember... good," Minseok smiled weakly at him.

"Remember what?" Luhan raised a brow.

Minseok frowned and Luhan felt like his hand was being crushed by how tightly he was holding it, "never mind," Minseok mumbled.

They continued walking awkwardly in silence and only exchanged glances, Luhan felt his heart growing heavy, what was Minseok hiding from him? He puzzled over what he had meant by do you know who I am? and groaned in frustration. He looked worriedly over at Luhan and felt a pang of guilt, "I didn't mean to upset you Lu-ge."

Luhan felt his cheeks heat up as Minseok called him Lu-ge and he smiled at the smaller male, "you didn't upset me so don't worry about it!"

Suddenly a powerful roar echoed through the valley and they jumped in alarm. Luhan watched as the earth beneath him began to tremble and the valley walls shook as cracks began to scale up the stone, a large creature crashed onto the ground in front of them. It had a human form but it's skin was like magmar and intense heat radiated from it, on its back it had four, crimson, insect like wings that were tucked neatly behind it. The creature had no face but a high pitched screech was emitted from it, Minseok gripped his wolf ears with pain at the intense sound and Luhan narrowed his eyes at the creature. Luhan saw that it held a long, dark blade in its hand that had shadows emanating from it, he knew they were dealing with no normal creature. Luhan dodged the creature as it swung its sword at him and it hissed, Luhan continued to dodge until the creature grew irritated and it pinned him to the wall with shadow magic. He struggled as the creature put his blade to Luhan's neck, "Luhan! Do you trust me?" Minseok called out while struggling to cope with the sound.

Luhan nodded slightly beneath the weight of the blade and shut his eyes tightly as he awaited his fate, the whole world seemed to stand still and he heard a sweet angelic voice speak.

 

"Good... Don't scream..."

 

Luhan felt a sharp pain in his shoulder and saw that Minseok had bitten right through his flesh and blood was seaping through the wound and he drank it. Minseok wiped the blood off his mouth and Luhan stared as his eyes turned a pure golden colour and his fur glowed icy blue, he heard Minseok mumble some words to himself before Luhan fainted from blood loss and shock of being close to death.

 

"Time to wake up...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...Xiumin."