Chapter 1. Where am I? Who am I?

Where The Wolves Went

Chapter 1. Where am I? Who am I?

 

It was all a blur really, one minute he was in the busy streets of Beijing, the next he was in the middle of nowhere in a blizzard. Luhan tightly gripped the closest thing to him, which unfortunately was his travelling companion Kris, he grunted in irritation but Luhan continued clinging to the taller male. Kris dragged himself and Luhan up the snow coated hill and spotted a dark silhouette in the distance, "is that the tree you told me about Luhan?" He yelled over the violent blizzard.

Luhan raised his gaze and shielded his eyes as the bitter wind stung them, it certainly looked like the one he had seen in his dream, he nodded eagerly and Kris patted him on the head with his eyes filled with care. Kris had been close to Luhan since young and they loved each other like brothers, "we'll get there Lu, don't you worry," he smiled.

Luhan and Kris trekked their way through the waist high snow as the silhouette gradually got larger, it wasn't long before Luhan could make out the bizarre features of the tree itself. He eagerly pushed himself forward to reach the thing that had been plaguing his dreams for years on end, he finally found it after all those years. Kris marvelled at the sight of the huge tree but something was off, it was covered in thick snow and the beautiful designs Luhan had seen on it were faded and dull, almost as if the tree was dying. He the tree and lay down beneath it as the sun began to vanish on the horizon, Kris sat next to Luhan and was knocked out instantaneously from exhaustion. As Luhan's own eyelids grew heavy he whispered softly to Kris, the trees, the wind, the snow and anything that heard him, "Goodnight..."

Luhan's eyes snapped open and he saw the tree in its poor condition, he was in another dream and he knew it. But this time he heard singing, sweet and gentle but filled with sorrow, a song he felt he knew deep down. It was a lullaby, he searched for the owner of the voice but could not find them, so he hummed along instead. The tree seemed to move for a second and the ice suddenly began to thaw, it was his first peaceful dream in a long time...

Luhan opened his eyes slowly only to be met by darkness, he tried to lift himself up but realised that hands were chained to the wall above his head, "where am I?" He muttered to himself.

"You're trapped in this place until they come to torture you or worse," a weak voice replied. 

Luhan looked up and frantically scanned the area for the person who spoke and that's when he first met him, "who's there?!" Luhan raised his voice.

A small amount of light shone through a gap in the wall and lit up the room slightly, opposite him on the other side of the room was a boy, he had his arms tightly fixed above his head and dried blood covered his arms and neck. But as Luhan squinted, he noticed he had a long white tail stained crimson from his own blood, and two white ears atop his head. Luhan had never seen anything like him and quickly blurted out a question, "What are you?"

The boy looked up at Luhan and narrowed his eyes, "I am none of your concern human," he snapped.

Luhan immediately shuffled back a bit until he hit the wall, "I didn't mean to offend you! I just... I've never seen someone with a tail before..."

The boy seemed to soften his gaze slightly and it was then that Luhan saw his entrancing purple eyes, Luhan's heart skipped a beat, "beautiful..." he whispered.

"What?" The boy tilted his head cutely.

"N...nothing! Nothing!" Luhan stuttered, a light blush heating up his cheeks.

The boy smiled slightly, "you're a funny one it's a shame all the funny ones die."

As he spoke the words his smile faded, "what's your name?"

He stared at the boy,"it's Luhan..."

"Luhan... can you help me?" The boy whispered.

He nodded and the boy pulled a key from behind him, "I got this a few days ago, I thought it would unlock my chains but it doesn't work,maybe it unlocks yours."

Luhan dragged the key towards him with his foot and managed to lean over and grab it between his teeth, he slotted it into the key hole that bound his hands and turned it with his teeth until it made a satisfying click. He was free, Luhan rushed over to the boy and pulled out a paperclip from his back pocket, he fiddled it inside the lock until it broke open and the boy slumped to the ground. Luhan helped him up but the weak boy stumbled and fell, only to be caught by Luhan, "be careful you could hurt yourself!" Luhan panicked.

The boy smiled and thanked him before grabbing his arm and pulling him through the building and reaching the door, "Luhan help me push this door down!" The boy tugged on his shirt.

Luhan rammed the door firmly and they both kept pushing until the hinges finally gave way, they both ran out into the sunlight and grinned like two mad people. Luhan looked over at the boy and took in every feature, his eyes, his round face, his hair, his powerful arms, his short height, those two furry ears, that long gorgeous tail and his smile... Luhan felt a blush creeping up his cheeks. The boy looked over at Luhan now and took note of his doe eyes and sparkling smile, his soft hair and plump lips. He had to keep himself from staring, "we should probably part ways, if anyone sees us they'll probably get suspicious" the boy spoke with a hint of sadness in his tone.

Luhan was about to open his mouth to object when they heard a howl from not far away, the boy was alarmed and shifted right in front of Luhan. A huge white wolf stood before him, it was powerful and its muzzle chest and legs were covered in scars from battles, "get on my back!" It growled.

He clung to the wolf as it ran through the snowy forest and buried his face in its fur, it smelt of the lilies that Luhan used to help his mother grow when he was a child. He felt the wolf's steady heart beat and it soothed him until the fear gradually faded, the soft fur tickled his face and he watched the trees fly by. It wasn't long before the wolf halted and relaxed slightly knowing they were safe for now, the wolf walked behind a large tree and shifted back into the boy, "L... Luhan I hate to ask this but... do you have anything I could wear?" He spoke shyly from behind the tree.

"Y... yeah! Just hold on," Luhan felt his cheeks growing warmer.

He took off his hoodie and threw it towards the tree, "it's too big for me anyway so since you're smaller than me it should cover... most of you." 

He came out from behind the tree after putting Luhan's hoodie on and his ears twitched slightly when he saw Luhan with his face bright red, "are you sick? If you're too cold you can just tell me..."

"No... n...No! I'm fine, I'm just a bit tired that's all!" Luhan stuttered.

The boy shrugged and started trekking through the snow away from Luhan, "w...wait!" Luhan yelled.

The boy turned around and smiled, "thank you for everything but I'll just be putting you at risk if you're with me, I couldn't do that to you so... goodbye."

Luhan looked away sadly and began walking in the opposite direction, his heart heavy with having to part with the boy he just met yet felt he had known for a lifetime.

 "Hey Luhan!," The boy smirked.

"What?" Luhan turned and looked at him with hope in his eyes.

"Stay alive for me, I want to see you again someday," The boy smiled.

"How will we meet again if I don't even know your name?" Luhan frowned.

"It's Minseok, Kim Minseok."

Min...Seok?

 

 

Minseok...

 

 

We'll meet again...

 

 

Someday...

 

 

Right?...