Chapter 6. Slow Love

Where The Wolves Went

Chapter 6. Slow Love

 

Luhan's eyelids fluttered open and he yawned, he felt something heavy on his arm and blushed as he saw minseok had fallen asleep while sitting beside his bed, he was tempted to squeeze his cheeks but thought otherwise. He watched as Minseok opened his eyes slowly and looked straight into Luhan's, he jumped back in shock and his cheeks turned a bright red. "Lu-ge!" He stuttered.

Luhan smiled softly at him, "go back to sleep..."

"W... why?" Minseok breathed.

"You looked cute," he chuckled.

Minseok blushed more and hid his face in his hands, "Luhan... that's embarrassing..."

"You did look cute though," Luhan laughed.

His smile faded and he looked at Minseok guilty, "Minseok... do you... still like me?" Luhan stared at the ceiling.

"Oh, of course I do!" He smiled brightly.

Luhan sighed, "... love me... do you still love me..."

Minseok stared at him silently for a long time, there was nothing they could say to break it. Until Minseok spoke, "I never stopped loving you... but that dosen't mean I'm sure yet..."

Luhan smiled sadly, "good... I'm leaving Minseok... so just please forget me and... us in the past."

Minseok stared at Luhan in shock, "you know... you're the only living creature who I cannot read emotions, memories or feelings from, and yet it's as though when you're sad I can feel an intense pressure on my chest... maybe it's just me... maybe I'm just cursed to be bound to you by some invisible chain... why is it you who opens up all the scars on my heart? Why is it you who's making me bleed? The mirror can't be fixed Luhan, and you've tried but it just wont piece back together because you took the last shard when you vanished the first time. I used to think like that too... But you're giving up too soon! I don't care how much it hurts anymore! Just please try and fix it Luhan... because you're the only one who can..." Minseok spoke with tears in his eyes.

Luhan stared at Minseok as tears rolled down his cheeks, "you're always crying... even when we first met."

Minseok looked up at Luhan confused, "remember how you had been crying as I pounced on you when we were pups?"

He smiled as he recalled the memory, Luhan sat up and pressed his hand on Minseok's chest, "show me the necklace..."

Minseok sighed and clutched his mother's necklace, he held it out to Luhan, "if you do love me... then this shouldn't hurt," Luhan smiled.

He reached out and held the necklace in his hand, it left only a tingling sensation on his palm, "see... you do love me Minseok..." Luhan looked caringly at him.

Minseok felt a sharp pain shoot through his chest, he nodded and pulled Luhan's necklace out, "when you gave this to me, that day... I wanted to give you my necklace because you gave me something precious to you. But... I suppose now is a good time to give it to you instead, so you'll never doubt how much I do care, like I never doubted how much you did."

Minseok handed Luhan his snowflake necklace and he smiled, "thank you... Minnie."

Luhan had a reason to stay... perhaps he was no longer so out of place, as long as he had Minseok. Luhan belonged nowhere other than with him, and they both knew it. Luhan pressed his lips against Minseok's and felt his heart racing, they were interrupted by a knock on the door, "guys? You in there?" Chen yelled.

Luhan broke the kiss and groaned, he slammed the door open and growled, "what?"

Chen smirked, "sorry to interrupt whatever you were doing but Suho wants to talk to you." He wiggled his eyebrows at Minseok before recieving a slap over the back of the head... again.

Chen grumbled and walked away with his tail between his legs, Luhan saw Minseok with a bright red face, "Chen's an idiot don't listen to him!" Luhan laughed.

Minseok nodded but buried his face in Luhan's pillow, "come on we better see Suho," Luhan smiled.

He took Minseok's hand in his and pulled him downstairs, Suho laughed, "why does Minseok look like a tomato?"

"Chen," Luhan sighed.

Suho face palmed, "don't listen to him he's an idiot."

"That's what I said!" Luhan grinned.

"Yeah! That's what she said!" Chen laughed.

This time Minseok hit him over the back of the head, "I swear if you keep hitting me I'm gonna get brain damage."

"You already have brain damage," Lay called out from the other room.

"NO I DON'T! YOU UNICORN FANGIRL!" Chen growled.

"Fine, I'm not gonna heal you the next time you trip over the table," Lay laughed.

"... Hey Lay did I ever tell you how much I love unicorns!" Chen ran into the other room.

 "Anyway... Luhan, there's something extremely important that Kai discovered recently," Suho had a pleased expression, "we have located it further North and we believe... it may be able to turn you back into a wolf."

Luhan's eyes widened, "me?... a wolf again?" 

Suho nodded, "it is a totem, carved from the Tree of Life's bark."

"Well can't we just go to the tree and carve another?" Luhan tilted his head.

"The tree's bark cannot be broken by just any tool, it was forged by magic and the truth is, even if we had the ancient's magic we would definitely be hurting Minseok by extracting the tree's power." 

Luhan looked protectively at Minseok, "where do we find it?"

Suho folded his arms, "Kai said it was in some kind of valley, located by the Tree of Death."

"Tree of Death?" Luhan sighed.

"To life there must be death right? The Tree of Death is the Tree of Life's counterpart, it's opposite," Suho shrugged.

Luhan scratched his chin, "so... how do we get there?" 

"Kai can teleport you there, it's his element after all," Suho replied, "we'll all go, after all we have to help our brothers."

Luhan smiled thankfully and Suho bowed before spinning around and walking away, "hey Luhan... when you're a wolf again... Can you come with me?" Minseok spoke quietly.

"Go where with you?" Luhan smiled.

"I'm a lone wolf, I wander a lot but... I want to go and see the full moon before..." Minseok paused, "just please come with me."

Luhan grinned, "we can be a pack of two right?"

Minseok smiled warmly, "yeah, that would be really nice."

It wasn't long before all of the wolves gathered in the main room, "okay all of us will be teleported in pairs, we will split up and search the valley for anything that could lead us to the totem understood?" Suho paced back and forth.

Everyone nodded and he grinned, "get partnered up then, we've got a totem to find..."

 

 

 

A/N sorry about the short chapter, but this leads on to.... SIDE SHIPS! You guys can choose any extra ships you want (other than Kaisoo and Taoris because my sister keeps bugging me to write them in my story) and have them to partner up in the next chapter. The most chosen ships will be added so make sure to leave them in the comments. ;)

 ... Unicorns.

You're welcome Lay.