baby sitter

Taming Choi Yong Do

"jaundice? What the hell is that?" Yong Do was pacing in the lobby when Jae Kyung was explaining that the baby can't leave the hospital yet.

"It's the yellow coloring of the skin and whites of the eyes. I don't know. That's what the doctor told me," Jae Kyung answered. "By the way why are you here?"

Yong Do was caught off guard. Exactly. What was he doing in the hospital? "uh... Ya! I'm also a guardian of the baby."

"Oh.. yeah. Responsibilities," Jae Kyung scoffed. "Mom was deciding on the name. And since you're a guardian too, any suggestion? Though mom most likely will go whatever she chooses"

"That reminds me. What do you mean your mom? I thought you said we're siblings with the same mother." Yong Do was looking at her straight in the eye. The baby's name was already forgotten. "hmmm...Oh that..." Jae Kyung thought  for a sec if to go on with the lies. "I was just kidding. I didn't know you'll buy it," she laughed.

"Ya! That's not even funny!" Yong Do raised his hand to hit Jae Kyung and she herself raised her arms to shield herself. Yong Do decided to snake his arms on her shoulder instead. "I'm glad" he was grinning.

Jae Kyung's brows met. "And what does that mean?"

"Ah.. So when can we bring home the baby?" Yong Do shifted the topic.

Jae Kyung looked at him. "Bring home? We? Hello? The baby was adopted by mom. Sooner your name as a guardian will be void."

"Ya! You forced me to sign the paper," Yong Do towered on her. "I have every right on that day since I was the first to sign the guardianship,"

"Choi Yong Do," Jae Kyung looked up at him. "The baby needs a loving care and in my opinion you lack such thing. Just leave the baby to us,"

"Really?" Yong Do said mocking. "let's see. Or... Let's see in court,"

"Court?" Jae kyung raised brows. "Stop fooling yourself. Go manage your hotel,"

Yong Do rolled his eyes. "Whatever. See you later," he waved his hand and left.

 

She was running towards the bus stop to catch the bus. She wants to be home early. She misses her baby brother. It's been a months since they brought him home. She had been busy for the first month of the school year as well. She got a full load semester that is why she barely sees the little boy. He's mostly sleeping everytime she arrives home.  She travels 2 hours from home to daejoon. She planned to stay at the dorm but gave up. Now, the professor send them home early to work on a write up. She might be able to play with the little boy longer.

"Hop on,"

Jae Kyung didn't even notice the motorcycle parked nearby. "Choi Yong Do? What are you doing here?"

"Looks like you missed your bus." Yong Do sneered.

"Ya! You got into accident not too long ago. And for the record, I missed my interview with Tokyo University because of you," she blurted.

"What? Did you just said you missed an interview with Tokyo Univer.... You had an interview that time?"

Jae Kyung rolled her eyes. She stretch her hand for help to get into the bike.

They were infront of Jae Kyung's house in less than 10 minutes.

"Oh.. don't so tell mom I rode in your bike. She'll go ballistic." Jae Kyung warned Yong do. "Come on in. The little boy's probably still awake."

"Honey, oh God! I'm glad you're home." her mom shouted from the living room.

"I miss Woo Bin!" she shouted back. "where's the little monkey?"

Her mom came out all dressed with the baby on her arms. "Oh... we got visitor. Honey... you haven't talked about boyfriend."

"Mom, Choi Yong Do and he's not my boyfriend. Initially, Woo Bin's guardian." Jae Kyung corrected her mother.

"Oh.. I remember. How are you young man? This little guy is growing so fast." Jae Kyung's mom handed the baby to her.

"Are you going somewhere?"

 Jae Kyung asked.

"I'm meeting your auntie Kyung Ran. We have some proposal to discuss. I'm supposed to bring this little guy but since you're here. I gotta go." her mother grabbed her purse and car keys.

"Mom!" Jae Kyung protested but it was in vain. Her mom left the door already. She sighed. "Hey, little monkey. You've got visitor." she coed the baby.

"Can you watch him while I change?" she put the baby on his bassinette and ran upstairs to her room. She came down wearing a loose shirt and a short. "Ohhh.. I soo miss you little monkey." she picked the bundle again and hugged tightly but was careful not to squish him.

"Can I hold him?" Yong Do asked.

"Sure. And while you play with him. Want something to eat? I'm sure mom left something for me."

"Anything will do. I'm not a picky eater." Yong Do held the baby perfectly in his arms. The bundled was snuggled perfectly in his arms as if he'd been an experienced father holding a baby.

Jae Kyung left to invade the fridge whatever her mother prepared for her. "Oh... good dinner." she her lips at the sight of food in the table. "Mom, you're the best.' she muttered. "Yong Do-ah, put Woo Binnie on the bassinette and come to the kitchen. He'll be fine."

Yong Do sat infront of Jae Kyung. "Ohhhh.... wow! You're mom sure is a good cook." Yong Do's mouth was watering already.

"Oh Sure she is. You're mom too. I mean..."

"Speaking of my mother. We really haven't talked about how did you know about my mom." Yong Do helped himself with the food.

"We used to lived near her restaurant. I hang out a lot in there. She suggested I work for her instead of just hanging out. It hasn't been long when we move here. Mom set up the flower shop. She was our very loyal costumer. She and mom became very close. She often tell us how he missed her son. I didn't know it was you."

"How did you know it was me?" Yong Do's thick brows raised.

"I was delivering flowers one time. I didn't see her in the kitchen. I wanted to say hi before I leave. I saw you with her in the dining area. You called her mom."

"Oh... what a coincidence to be there."

"Uh  huh... And just now mom's meeting her for some business whatever."

"Ohhh.... Must be our fate." Yong Do commented.

"What?"

"Nothing." Yong Do said smiling and got up. he gathered his plate and left it at the sink.

"Ya! Choi Yong Do! That was a free food. Wash your plates at least." Jae Kyung yelled.

"Oh... Finish up and I'll do the dishes. I'm good at it you know," Yong Do said.

"How's school?" Yong Do asked as they sat down in the couch.

"Hmmm... just okay. I'm glad we finished off early today or I won't see this little monkey again. You?"

"I don't know. I'm forced to take this course." Yong Do the TV. "Oh... Won Tan hyung. Lee Jae Kyung."

"What? Choi Yong Do?" When people calls her in her full name. She doesn't take it easy. It means it's serious.

"Who is that foreigner who almost shook South Korea's business world? She nearly shut down RS international. She got Won hyung off his engagement. Who knows she might have shut down Zeus hotel if I didn't intervene."

Jae Kyung laughed. "Witch."

"She's your friend." Yong Do stated.

"Oh... I have to take this," Jae Kyung waved her phone and walked into her room. "Oh.. Chan Young-ah. What's up?"

"Lee Jae Kyung. You have time.Can we meet? I have an emergency matter to discuss with you," Chan Young was speaking fast.

"Hmmm... I'm babysitting my little brother. Mom left a little while ago. Can't it wait?"

"I'm afraid not. I got an offer at Tokyo University. Can we meet. You can bring the baby." Chan Young was getting desperate.

"Okay. I'll text you the meeting place. I have to get ready." Jae Kyung hang up and walked back to the living room. "Oh....Yong Do-ah," an idea flashed in her head. She's not sure of it but Chan Young was desperate. "Ahm.... I have an emergency meeting. Can you watch him for... uhm... it won't take long."

"What? You're... No.. No..." Yong Do got up but Jae Kyung was already in her room changing.

She came out in shirt and shorts. "I'll be back. Mom will probably be back before I come back. Milk's in the fridge. Thanks Yong Do-ah." she ran out of the house.

"ya.. ya.. Lee Jae Kyung!" Yong Do shouted but he was answered by the slamming of the front door. He turned his face at the little boy in the bassinette. "I guess it's just you and me buddy,"

 

Mrs. Lee  nearly fainted when she opened the door. The baby and the guy were sleeping on the floor.  The baby's calmly and peacefully snuggled in the older boy's arms. The two milk bottle were scattered on the floor.

"Choi Yong Do? Son?" Mrs. Lee's friend walked closer to the two sleeping boys.

Yong Do who sense someone else was in the room opened his eyes. "Mom?"

"Mom?" Mrs. Lee turned to her friend.

"Oh... he's my son. Choi Yong Do." she answered.

"You're son? She's my Jae's friend. They came together earlier. Oh... speaking. Where's Jae Kyung?"

Yong Do scooped the baby laid him in his bassinette."She said she had an emergency. I didn't even had the chance to say no when she left... "

"Son, are you dating Jae Kyung?" his mom asked.

"Mom?!" Yong Do's voice was loud and the baby cried. "Sorry. We're not dating. we're friends"

"You look like father and son. You'll make a good father." his mom commented.

---have a great weekend---