a baby?

Taming Choi Yong Do

"Are these the only deliveries for today?" Jae Kyung asked their florist. She volunteered to deliver the flowers as it was on her way to the hotel. "Have a good weekend," she walked out carrying the bundles carefully.  

She hummed with the song playing from the radio. She almost lost control of the steering when a shadow fell on the  road. She started to tremble. She doesn't believe in ghost or whatsoever but the shadow just now made her hand numbed. She steadied her grip on the steering, closed her eyes and slowly stepped hard on her brake. She opened her eyes and peered out. She slowly lowered her window. It was not a shadow. It was a human lying on the road. There's no way she hit him. She nervously got out and slowly walked over. She covered . It's a pregnant lady. "ma'am," she tapped her shoulder.

The lady moaned.

"Damn!" she cursed. "Can you get up? I'll bring you to the hospital,"

She was confused and still trying to figure out what just happened. She was bombarded by question about the lady she doesn't even know. She was about to hit his head on the wall when her phone vibrated. "hello," she answered without checking the caller.

It was Choi Yong do. He was yelling "Where are you? I've been waiting for 30 minutes already!"

She  checked her watch. Then it hit her. She's supposed to meet Choi Yong Do after her delivery. He was anxious to know about their relationship. "Medical..." she heard Yong Do just hang up.

Few minutes later she saw Choi Yong Do running in the hallway. "Ya, Lee Jae Kyung... what..."

The nurse handed him a chart to fill up. He was confused. "Jae Kyung-ah. What's going on? What's this guardian thing?"

Jae Kyung sighed deeply. "I.. I don't know. I ran into a pregnant lady. I thought she was on labor. I took her here. Turned out she was abused. The doctor asked  for my consent to induce the baby or do C-section. I don't know what to do. Mom's on the way here. I have no idea who she is. She wasn't carrying anything." she said in confusion.

"That's why I have to put your name as a guar.... hang on... I just wrote my name as a second contact... ya..."

"I'm sorry," Jae Kyung apologized.

The doctor asked them both to see him at his office. "I don't know how to break this but. We weren't able to save the mother. She was badly beaten. Her daughter is still hanging on. We already ran a DNA test on her but nothing's coming up. Our concern is the baby. Since you're the one who signed as the guardian, you can decide about it. We can ask the social services to take care about this if you wish to let them,"

Jae Kyung felt she lost all her energy. "Who does this to a pregnant woman?" she mumbled and in the verge of crying.

"Jae Kyung-ah.." Yong Do doesn't know what to do. He faced the doctor. "We'll take care of the baby. We'll just have to figure things first,"

Just then Jae Kyung mom came in. "Mom,"

"Jae Kyung, are you okay?" Jae Kyung nodded. "Oh my.." she hugged her daughter. She turned to Yong Do. "And you are?"

"Choi Yong Do," he bowed but then his brows creased.'Did she just called her mom? I thought we're siblings with different fathers?'

"Oh.. Thank you for being with my daughter."

"Your daughter?" Yong Do repeated.

"You think she's my sister?" Jae Kyung's mom smiled.

Much that Yong Do wanted to squeeze answers from Jae Kyung, he held himself.

The doctor explained again everything to Jae Kyung's mother. Her mom agreed to adopt the baby without a blink.

"Mom," Jae Kyung looked at her mom.

Her mom gave her a suspicious look. "Is the baby his?"

Choi Yong Do reacted right away. "No!"

Jae Kyung's mom smiled. "I'm glad. So who is this young man?" she asked her daughter.

Jae Kyung didn't answer her mom and went out of the room.