Busted and screwed

Taming Choi Yong Do

 

She was ecstatic and was hyped up when she left the university. She passed the interview at KAIST. It's her second choice if she won't make it to Tokyo University. She went to the convenience store and spoke to her boss. She had to give up the part time. She head to the hotel and asked if they can give her late night shift.

"but the board already talked about giving..."

"I don't care what ever the board are trying to pull but this is my dad's company" Choi Yong Do's voice boomed in the room.

Before Jae Kyung raised her hands to knock, the door opened and the tall Choi Yong Do came out.

Both were shocked to see each other. Jae Kyung was more than shock of what she just discovered.

After she talked with the manager she went down to the kitchen. She found Yong Do already dressed up ready to work. She did not flinched. "Don't think I'll give in just because you're the owner's son"

Yong Do laughed. "Don't. Oh..When are you buying me dinner?"

"hmmmm," she thought for a while. "What time are you getting off today? I don't have time next week."

"I can get off when you get off,"

"Later then," she started with the piled dishes.

"I am buying so don't expect for a classy resto," she slung her satchel bag across her chest and started walking out.

"here," he offered the helmet

"Thanks. It's a small resto but good one. I work there sometime.  uh, can we drop by the flower shop."

"Miss?" the florist was dumbfounded when she got off the bike.

"Don't tell mom you saw me. I'm going to see Miss Yoo,"

"Oh. Do you want me to pack up some flowers for her?"

"No. No. I'll just bring her some callas. my colleague's impatient," she wrapped some callas and head out the door. " see you later unni"

"Jae Kyung," the server greeted her but stopped when she saw the man behind her.

"No and no. He's a colleague. We're just here for dinner. Is auntie here?"

"She left an hour ago. She said she had to ho see her son,"

"son? I didn't... Oh never mind."

"nice place."

"hmm... I practically grew up here. We used to live nearby. The lady who runs this is a sweetheart. She let  me work instead of just wandering around here. Oh thank you" she thanked the server. "You should try this. This is the best" she slide the bowl towards Yong Do.

Yong Do stared at her.

"Stop staring at me like I am a criminal"

"Aren't you afraid of me?"

"And why would I be? Because you're the Zeus hotel heir? Or because you're a black belt? If there's someone I should be afraid of, that would be my brother,"

He snickered. "you amaze me."

"I already read a lot about you. You can't bully me. You can't fire me as well."

"Why not?"

"I have rights as an employee. I'll bring it to the higher court"

Yong Do shook his head. "oh... This taste really good"

"Told ya. So which college are you going to?" she changed the topic.

"Hanyang. You?"

"I assume business management," she didn't answer his question.

"I don't have a choice. I have..

"You have all the choice. You don't have to live on your father's word."

"I wish but with what's happening, the weight of 2000 families is in my hands"

Jae Kyung looked at him intently. His face was so sad. He looks different with the Choi Yong Do that she read about. "let's go. My mom will beat me if I am a minute late."

"you have curfew?"

"until I turn 20,"

"but you're working till 11 pm "

"That's different story" she stood up first. "I'll take the bus from here.

"I'll drop you. I don't have any place to go anyways,"

"I need to think."

"Seriously" he laughed.

"I need to clear my head"

"What's bugging you. Wanna talk about it?" he offered.

Jae Kyung laughed out loud. "So you can blackmail me with it? No, thank you. Just go. I'll be fine."

Yong Do shook his head. Jae Kyung is an extra ordinary girl. She's not afraid of him and regard him like every person she know. "alright then. I'll see you at work tomorrow."

"see you,"

 

 

"seriously?" her eyes went wild. Tokyo University called her and they want her to do an interview at the Japan embassy. "I'll head there right away. Thank you. Thank you!" she jumped and squealed. She doesn't care if the world around her thinks she's crazy. It's Tokyo University.  Not everyone can get in to Japan ' s prestigious university. She's a Korean and she made it.

She made sure she looks professional in her dress pants and plain white tops with black blazer.  She picks up her purse and head out to the bus stop. She doesn't want to be late.  Japanese are known to be punctual. She felt her phone vibrate. "Choi Yong Do? What's he up to now?" he answered. "yes?"

"Lee Jae Kyung," his voice was in pain.

"what's going on?"

"Can you come to the hospital?"

"Ya! Choi Yong Do,  that's not a good joke."

"I am not joking. I am really..."

Jae Kyung heard an announcement. He wasn't joking. "Which hospital?"

She flagged a taxi and directed it to the hospital. She found Yong Do at the emergency area. "what happened? " She stared at the his bandaged arm.

"I flipped on my bike. "

She rolled her eyes. Much that she wanted to tattle and scold him she restrained herself. "why didn't you call your mom?" his face became more sullen. "okay. I'll go check your bill." she left and came back minutes later. "you can pay me later. Where's your bike?"

"I had someone picked it up and brought it to the garage" he answered.

She sighed. She  came when he called. It's her character that's why her mom said she's a dispatch aid. She goes right away when someone call for help. "I'll get you a cab," they both walk towards the exit.

"thanks for coming," he muttered enough for Jae Kyung to hear..

"I don't know why you called me but.." her eyes darted to the wall clock on the lobby. "Holy ! ! !" she hit her head with her palm. It's 11:15. There's no way she can make her 11:30 appointment at the embassy. Her brain was messed up. She tried calling the embassy to reschedule but they said they can only wait till 12." ah ! I screwed up! "

"what's the matter?" he looked at her

She breathed in frustration. She opened the door for him and slammed it. Yong Do have no idea why she suddenly was in bad mood.

Jae Kyung went to their shop and vents her frustration to the plants and flowers.

"Lee Jae Kyung!  Those flowers are expensive!" the florist yelled at her. "Go dig up at the backyard"

"What's with her?" Jae Kyung's mom asked the florist.

"No idea. She came in and started hitting the plots," the florist answered.

Jae Kyung's mom shook her head and walked to where her daughter is. "Miss Lee, can you deliver the iris to Miss Yoo's restaurant?"

"okay, " she answered and left the trowel.

"You want to watch movie tonight?"

Her face brightened. Her mom rarely ask her to go out. "for real mom?" her mother nodded. "assa! Am off," she grabbed the car keys. "unni, is the flowers packed in the car?" the florist nodded.

She started the car imagining how to ask her mom to buy her the latest model of Nike running shoes. She'd been eying it but can't afford to buy.  She wanted to ask her dad as a graduation gift but she opted for a desktop. She parked the car and hauled the flowers to the back door.

"auntie, fresh flowers," she smiled.

"hmmm, you looks ecstatic today. Dating?" the owner teased.

She nodded in excitement." mom's taking me to a movie"

"That's sweet. I wish I can do that with my son,"

Jae Kyung knew the story about how mother and son separated. "I can be your daughter for a day, "she said and smiled brightly.

"Sure. That would be nice. Drop by any time you're free, "

"I'm free this week"

"How about we go shopping tomorrow? "

"sounds good to me"

"I'll see you tomorrow then.  Drive safely" the owner waved as she started the car.

 

"mom, Miss Yoo and I are going shopping tomorrow, " she told her mom excitedly.

"without me?" her mom pouted.

"we're seeing movie today and go shopping afterwards.  You want me to call auntie and ask her to join us for movie?"

"sure. The more the merrier" her mom agreed.

Jae Kyung started dialling the phone. "Hello auntie, mom is asking if you want to come to the movie with us," they made a brief conversation and she hang up. "we'll pick her up at 3"

"awesome! So what are we going to watch?"

"we'll decide when we get there.  It's more exciting that way," Jae Kyung giggled.

 

"that was a nice movie," Miss Yoo commented.

"my daughter is really good in choosing things" Jae Kyung's mom praised.

"mom," Jae Kyung looked at her mom with puppy face.

"I don't like that look" her mom looked at Miss Yoo.  "what is it?"

"Nike sneakers," Jae Kyung blurted without hesitation.

" you need that for school," Miss Yoo said. "I'll buy it for you"

"no..no..no.. Auntie.. That's. ."

It's okay. You're more like a daughter to me"

"auntie,"

"alright. Take it as a graduation gift, "

"thanks auntie." she hugged her.

"mom, since auntie got me the sneakers. Can you buy me something else?"

Her mom eyed at her. "Dont ask for phone."

"like I will. Mom I'm cheap person. I just want a back pack. I'll let you chose for me." she acted like a little girl.

"She's 18 and still acts like a baby," her mom said to Miss Yoo.

"enjoy it. You never know when she will get married."

" oh..no..no.." Jae Kyung's mom waved her hands. "Jae Kyung, I am going to kill you if you get married before you graduate."

"I wish I can nag my son like you do." Miss Yoo joked.

"How is he doing by the way?"

"I saw him 2 weeks ago from afar," Miss Yoo answered sadly.

"So what were you sulking earlier?" her mom asked to change the mood.

"I didn't make it at the interview?" she made a big bite of her burger.

"You failed?" he mom was surprised. "Now that's interesting."

"I got late. My b... co worker called and asked me to see him at the hospital" she didn't want to tell her mom about Choi Yong Do.

"What happened?" her mom was interested and worried.

"He got into an accident. He can't call his parents. He's afraid to get scold." She narrated.

"Oh, so aren't you getting second chance?" Miss Yoo asked.

"I called the embassy and they said they'll call me if the university decided to give me another chance. Well, I'm already enrolled in KAIST. I am thinking of withdrawing my application in Tokyo university until I'm done in college,"

"KAIST. That's pretty good university." Miss Yoo commented. "What course?"

"I don't understand this girl. She wanted something a man should be doing. Aerospace something.."

"Aeronautical engineering, mom. They only offer in Tokyo university but I can start  Aero space engineering in KAIST." Jae Kyung explained.

"That would be interesting." Miss Yoo said.