part timers

Taming Choi Yong Do

Hello. just got back from vacation last night. Here's the initial part of the story.  Hope you like it. can't think of a proper title though. : D

"You're going to die before you even reach 40 if you keep on eating that every single day," he turned to see who distracted him from his thoughts. It's one of his early routines to have a cup ramen at the convenience store and no one bothered him except of the 2 times that he ran into Chan Eun sang.

It's a girl cropped up with a book and a  pen on the next table. "Ya, I've been eating this since I don't know when.."

"that's what I'm saying." she cut him.

He glared at her. No one dares to cut him while he's talking. Only one. His first love. Cha Eun Sang. She has the strong power when she  talk and he just shuts his mouth.

He turned his chair and faced the girl. "Ya! if you don't have anything to say, just keep your mouth shut and read your book," he picked the ramen bowl and dumped into the garbage.

"huh!" the girl was disgusted. "Do you know that there are people who don't eat in a day.. in our country alone?"

"and who do you think you are?" he barked.
She ignored him and gathered her notes. She went inside the convenience store with out saying another word.
Choi Yong Do shook his head. "Is my charm not working any more? Did Cha Eun sang really changed me," he wondered and walked away from the convenience store.
It was a dreadful week with all the chaos and dramas that happened the whole week. Kim Tan and Cha Eun sung finally got back together.
His father was in the process of litigation.
Won Tan's engagement.
Up coming graduation.


"I can finally leave highschool life and act as grown up," Yong Do changed his clothes and walked to the kitchen. As always and the rule set by his father. To start from the bottom and climb your way to the top. That way, it wouldn't be hard to fall.
He was still contemplating on his feelings towards Cha Eun Sung. He had to give up and give way for the peace of everybody. He came back to his senses when he felt a sting on his hand.
"Ya!" it was a yell. No one dared to yell or raise tone at him in his own hotel. All the employees knows his character and careful  not to cross him. "Couldn't you be more careful? You're supposed to wear gloves when washing dishes. Follow me," she pulled his left arm. The other  employees were left gaping and speechless following the girl and Yong Do's back.  Choi Yong Do himself was speechless and just followed the girl. The girl took him to the locker room. "Are you stupid? Why weren't you wearing gloves?" she scolded him.
"ouch" Yong Do withdraw his hand and  tried to stand up but she pushed him down back to the chair. Yong Do stared at her in amazement. 'Doesn't she know me' he wondered in his mind. He tried to picked up his phone when it rang.
She snatched it from him. She checked the caller and answered the phone. "Miss Yoo, you're boyfriend can't talk to you right now. He'll call you as soon as he has time," she didn't allow the caller to answer and hang up. It rang again and both ignored it. "Ya! That's like an ant sting. Your personality shows that you're a bully but can't take a sting?" she pulled back his hand and applied ointment and finished it with a band aid.  "There you go. You think you can go back? If it hurt,  you might ask the manager to take the day. Yong Do obviously felt the sting and just endured it.

 

 

 

She was lazing and spacing out. She just finished her shift and don't have any plans for the rest of the day. She just stayed at the locker room.

Yong do snapped a finger. She looked at him blankly and just then her phone beeped. She grabbed her backpack and ran out of the room. She dialled a number as she ran out. "where are you? Just wait right there I'll be right there in 20 minutes or so." She pocketed her phone.  "darn! Just when you need a taxi!" she grumbled and kept hailing taxi.

"need a lift?" a deep voice came from the rider of the   motorcycle.

She just looked at the guy. She looked at her watch. "crap. Jayang High school please" she put on the helmet he handed to her. She was hesitant to hold on his waist but she held tightly when he revved.

"Thanks. I owe you," she took off the helmet and shoved it to him. She ran to the gate and saw the girl right away. A guy was talking close to her and she seems afraid. She ran towards them and pulled the guys collar. "what do you think you're doing?" she hissed She looked him right to his eyes. The guy was 3 or 4 inches taller than him.

"huh," the guy was taken aback.

"unni," the girl moved beside her.

 "I ... I .." he stammered.

"The next time I see you approaching her, I'm going to break your pretty face." it was a threat. She turned to the girl. "I told you how dangerous it is to be wandering around here"

Yong Do just stared at her in amazement.. He shook his head. " what a girl" he drove away.

 

"There was a commotion at the back room. The managers started conversing and frantically dialling numbers. It was one of the busiest time of the year.

"if you don't get your working. We'll be piled up," she snapped at Yong Do whose mind wasn't on the dishes. "Do you want to get fired? Can't you see that everybody's busy and you're just spacing out there?" she scowled.

Yong do was just mesmerized.

"Lee Jae Kyung," they were startled by the manager.

"Sir," she straightened her stand.

"Follow me," the manager said.

She has no idea what mistake she made that it won't wait till the end of the shift. She took off her gloves and brushed Yong Do out of the way.

"Miss Lee, you said in your interview that you're confident with your English and Japanese," the manager said as they walk along the lobby.

"I am fluent  in Japanese and I am confident with my English"

"We're flooded with foreigners today. The restaurant is short staff with English speaking. If you could assist in the restaurant. You have experience working in a restaurant"

"Yeah, but it's a family restaurant," she answered shyly.

"We have to go with you. You just have to explain the menu and everything,"

"I'll do my best."

"You follow Jae In and get dressed." the manager instructed.

 

Jae Kyung looked herself at the mirror. It's different. It's the highest job she had so far. The supervisor briefed her what to do. "ask the other staff for help,"

Jae Kyung was a bit nervous. She'd never been into a five star restaurant and she's not sure if she can pull it off. Indeed the restaurant was busy. And there was a party going on the private rooms. She'd been okay for the first hour. The foreigners were polite and nice.

"Miss Lee, you speak Japanese?"one waiter ran to her. She nodded.. "Can you go to room 54. It's an international corporate gathering."

She knocked and pushed the door. She was greeted by mixed nationalities and age group. She assisted the 3 crew and left as soon as they finished. She walked to the locker and dropped on the bench."oh man!" she hasn't sat for 5 minutes when the supervisor popped in.

"Miss Lee, I'm sorry. There's Japanese costumer who just arrived. Can you get them."

She stretched out and smoothened her uniform.

"We'll talk about this after were done tonight" the supervisor said in helpless voice.

"It's ok."

 

She walked to the bus stop cracking her shoulder. It was no joke tonight. She checked  her watch. "ho!" its already 12:30 and she had to wake up early for the university interview.

"tired?"the motorcycle stopped on the side.

Jae Kyung looked at him. How could this guy afford an expensive bike while working as a dish washer.. "Can you drop me to the nearest train station?" she did not wait for him to offer ride. She needs to be home before 1:30 at least.

"Hop in" he handed her the helmet. "Where do you live?"

"Huh?"

"It's late. I'll drop you home"

She didn't hesitate and gave the address. She was infront of their house in less than 15 minutes.. "Thanks. I owe you twice." she got off the bike. "I'll buy you dinner next pay check. Drive safely" she waved and opened the gate.