Scream

Lady in The Court

"Hey, Kyungsoo-ya. Tell me again, how am i supposed to cut these cute little tomatoes?"

Garnishing was never Baekhyun's forte. She could make any kind of dish deliciously but don't ever ask her to cut ingredients in a cute way. Not to mention, garnishing.

"Here, i'll show you how to do it. Pay attention to what i will be doing. This is one of the subjects that will be tested in the exam later." Kyungsoo answered her friend patiently.

The two of them continued their practice to perfect their cooking skills. Bae Sanggung granted permission for them to use Kitchen Palace during midnight and they're more than happy to utilize this opportunity eventhough they feel a little bit tired because of the chores they did in the morning and also a little bit scared, in this case it's only Baekhyun. 

"Kyungsoo yaaaaa, i'm trying my best to pay attention. But, i never know that this place is scary in the night. Can we leave now?" Baehyun whinned hoping that her friend will listen to her. She felt that something was watching them and she didn't like it at all.

"We need to master it before tomorrow morning, Baekhyun-ah. We don't have much time left. If you're scared, let's just sing like we always do. Sounds good?" 

"But, I- Fine. If some ghosts attack us, it's your fault and it's your turn to sing for me by the way."

"There's no ghost, Baekhyun ah." Baekhyun's uniqueness never fail to amuse her and she began to sing for the sake of her friend's goodness.

 

On a long and tiring day

I got together my heart that was filled with sighs

Today and tomorrow, I will get up again

And live through the day

Vague expectations, dry laughter

They change as time goes by

My sad heart and apparent scars

They won’t disappear

Can you hear our sad cries?

We held it in and endured through endlessly

Even when darkness came while walking on this far path

We held hands and were always together

In a dark room, a single ray of light comes through the windows

Someday, I hope it will shine brightly

If I hope and hope, it will be fulfilled

That’s what I believed and waited for

Can you hear our sad cries?

We held it in and endured through endlessly

Even when darkness came while walking on this far path

We held hands and were always together

Why are there no answers?

Why did you hide it without a word?

On a long and tiring day

I got together my heart that was filled with sighs

Today and tomorrow, I will get up again

And live through the day

 

Kyungsoo sang wholeheartedly and she didn't even realize that tears running down freely from her beautiful eyes until Baekhyun told her so. 

"You're crying, Kyungsoo. Let's just stop practicing and tell me what's wrong, hm?" 

For once, Kyungsoo obeyed her friend. She dropped her knife and she began to sob harder that made Baekhyun worried and Baekhyun gave her best to soothe Kyungsoo.

Baekhyun then approached Kyungsoo and gave her only 'sibling' in the Palace a big hug. "What's the matter,Kyungsoo-ah? I'm here for you."

Kyungsoo sobs started to subside and Baekhyun helped her to wipe her tears.

"I'm sorry, did i startle you?" She asked Baekhyun after she calmed down and Baekhyun answered right away.

"Just a little bit, mind to tell me what is on your mind?"

"I- my brother used to sing me that song and suddenly our memories flooded in my head. I miss him, Baekhyun ah." Kyungsoo replied sadly.

"It's a normal thing to miss your family, my dear. You have me here beside you,i can't always be your older sister. Eventhough i can't replace Seungsoo in your heart, just talk to me when you feel sad. Don't hold it your heart. Okay?"

"You really surprised me. Who are you? What did you do to my pabo friend?" Kyungsoo asked cheekily.

"YA!"

 


 

Kim Jongin was walking around the Palace to clear his mind. His engagement will soon take place and truthfully he's not prepared yet. At least, his heart.

He has always loved the Palace during midnight because it's so calm and quiet, no one will ever bother him.

Only his loyal Palace Guard, Chanyeol, was allowed to accompany him for the night walk.

His favorite spot to visit during his night walk was the pond beside the Kitchen Palace. It's a beautiful fish pond and had flowery bushes around it.

"Hyung, let's go to the usual. I need to clear my mind." Kim Jongin asked his guard.

"The pond? Okay, wherever you want, Jongin-ah."

"Thanks, hyung."

Soon, they began their journey towards the pond. They must walk across the Kitchen Palace to reach their destination

 

Even when darkness came while walking on this far path

We held hands and were always together

 

Kim Jongin was startled by the voice that captivated his heart. He's not sure whether he heard it right or it was just his imagination.

"Did you hear that, Hyung?" he asked Chanyeol to make sure he's not mistaken.

"Eh? Hear what?" Chanyeol feel guilty to not understand his future King's question.

"Nothing, forget it." He felt disappointed hearing Chanyeol's answer.

Could it be i'm too distracted? 

But i'm sure i heard it right.

 


FUN FACTS :

Pabo - is a mild and sort of cutesy way to say "idiot" "stupid"

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE :

07/02/2015

It's been a month since my last update and i'm really sorry. I was caught on this stupid-writes-block-thing and yeah, please enjoy this lame chapter.

P.S : unbetaed.

P.S.S : Please do leave comment(s) below, i assure you, i don't bite :)

P.S.S.S : in case you're wondering, it's Scream from CART. yes. English version.

20/02/2015

Edited, revised and betaed by ElatedFangirl my super beta hahaha thank you!