Chapter 02

Beauty and the Geek - Life Together

Oh no... What’s this guy doing here? Damn he’s strong!

Haha... Want to beat me? Not that easy!


It was a little pass 7:30am and I’m not in bed with Krystal but widely awake in front of my computer again. It has been 9 hours already that I haven’t left my off this computer chair. It wasn’t anything new to me since I had a record of 12 hours before, 9 hours is nothing.

“Hmm... Amber?” Krystal woke up finding an empty space beside.

“Morning princess.” I quickly said after hearing her voice, my eyes never left the monitor and hands never left the keyboard and mouse.

“Amber you didn’t sleep at all?” Besides hearing the faint battling sound from my computer speaker I also heard shuffling noises from behind.

I guess Krystal has gotten up.

“Not really... I had a few minutes of sleep.” I wasn’t lying I did slept for exactly 3 minutes as I waited for night to come, night in the virtual world.

I felt Krystal coming near and when she was right behind me she wrapped her arms over my shoulders, chin leaning on my head. Smelling my scent and staring at my monitor for a few seconds, she then forcefully turned my head to the side to reach for the usual morning kiss. Receiving a morning kiss from Krystal is something I anticipate every day but today I wish it could be a little later. I felt her lips on mine but my eyes never left the monitor.

“Come on let’s get ready for school.” She half pulled me up by the arm.

“What? I’m not going, tell the teacher I’m sick and can’t even get out of bed.”

I’ve decide to take the day off when morning arrived. I haven’t had any sleep at all which means I won’t have the energy to listen in class which means there’s no point in going to school. I felt the pulls and pushes but I ignore it and continue my game.

“Yah! You can’t be like that.” I felt a hard slap on my arm. I winced at the pain but nevertheless I did not stop my hands from moving.

“Studies are important you can just continue this after school.” I felt another hard slap but I ignore it again.

“If you’re not moving then I’m pulling the plug.”

I jumped out of my computer seat which I have been sitting for 9 hours and quickly pace up to the electric power switch where Krystal is already standing beside and holding onto the cable ready to pull it apart.

“Alright... alright... just let me save the game first then I’ll wash up and change.” I panic, if she pulls the plug then my 9 hours of playing goes down the drain.

“Fine.” She threw the cable back on the floor and head over to the bathroom.

I let out a breath of relief and went back to the computer, before moving the mouse to the save button a message popped up.
         

            Hey!

           You’re pretty good! I like you!



           Bling Bling Jjong



I smirked after reading the message.

Of course I am good.

I’ve been battling this guy name Bling Bling Jjong this whole morning and I must admit he’s pretty good and his levels are pretty high. I was about to reply his message but not to my luck I heard a shout coming from the bathroom.

“AMBER JOSEPHINE LIU!!!”

Her voice startled me I quickly close the message, click the save button and shut the computer off before I head over to the bathroom to join her.

I only realise that I felt this sleepy when my eyes and mind was off the online game. I was putting on my uniform as I felt Krystal’s staring at me impatiently. She got so impatient at waiting for me slowly putting my uniform on that she even helped to dress me up. We end up leaving the dorm at 8:25am, 5 more minutes until school starts. We raced to school trying to catch up with time but as fast as we ran we were still 10 minutes late. We both got scolded by our head teacher in the office, I had to stay back for detention after school while Krystal only had a warning because it was her first time being late and also she’s the top 20 students in school.

Leaving the office we both split heading to our class. As expected, I fell asleep during class and was called by the teacher a couple of times. I manage to get through first class without annoying the teacher anymore and once the bell rang Sulli scooped over.

“Hey you didn’t sleep at all last night?”

“Well... Not really.”

Sulli and I then head over to Krystal’s class for lunch together, before entering her class we saw her walking out with Luna.

She sure has been hanging out with Luna a lot recently.

“Hey, Luna is joining us for lunch today.” Krystal told the two of us.

We then walk to the canteen for lunch since Krystal and I didn’t brought any lunch this morning because we were late. As we walk through the corridor we bump into Victoria and she end up having lunch with us too.

“Amber you didn’t get enough sleep? You kept yawning.” Victoria asks while the 5 of us eating our lunch.

“I only slept for awhile.” I yawned again.

“More like you haven’t slept at all last night. You were crazily playing your online game.” Krystal finally made a comment.

“Hehehe... Amber even though your look has changed but your geeky habits is still there.” Sulli chuckled.

“If I ain’t geeky then I’m not the Amber you know.” I smiled to the girls.

We continue to eat our lunch with short conversation going on, it was then the amount girls screaming caught our attention. A guy with short hair walks in and immediately caught a large number of girls surrounding him. He was being treated like a king, girls moving away to offer their seat to him and girls fighting over to buy him lunch.

“Who is that guy?” Sulli questioned.

“You don’t know?” Luna spoke.

We all shook our head.

“Kim Jonghyun, second year, single. He’s a member of the music club, knows how to play the piano. He didn’t catch much attention before but ever since he got in the top 5 in the singing competition held by all schools in Seoul he became a star.” Being the one who is updated with the latest gossip Luna answered Sulli’s question perfectly.

Kim Jonghyun, he’s cool.

School ended quickly as I fell asleep in most of the classes. Sulli and Krystal left school before me since I have detention. I head back to the teacher office and found my head teacher she’s a music teacher so she told me to clean up the music room. Music and I don’t match so I never been to the music room before. There was a piano in front of the blackboard and a few acoustic guitars at the back of the classroom.

I sighed and began cleaning the room up, dusting the blackboard dusters, wiping the windows and mopping the floor. That was a whole lot of work but luckily I’ve been doing a lot of cleaning in my room so it wasn’t that tough. Everything was clean the only thing that needs to be done is putting away the equipments. But before I get a move on I heard the door creak open and footsteps. I turn around and I remember this guy is Kim Jonghyun, the guy I saw in the canteen today.

“I left my guitar behind.” He said and walks to the back of the classroom where all the other guitars are settle.

I continue to do my own things but I heard his voice again.

“Aren’t you the geeky Amber Liu?”

“Wow, never knew I’m that famous.” I said sarcastically.

“Hahaha... You are but I guess I’m not any worse than you now.”

What the hell?

“Hey I’m curious, you’re a girl right? How come you don’t wear the skirt uniform like all the other girls?”

“Well it took me my entire first year to get the teachers to ignore my pants and suffer a year of detentions.” I could still remember those days where I was the centre attention in the school and that were when everyone started calling me a geek.

“Hahaha! I like you!” He laughed loudly.

What is wrong with this guy?