Chanyeol/Sungwoo: Don’t Look at Me Like That

With Love

Chanyeol/Sungwoo : Don’t Look at Me Like That

 

Chanyeol drops the apple he’s peeling into the sink the second his phone rings. He dashes into the hallway and answers the call, breathless and blushing even though he’s alone.

“Hyung, how is it going?”

Everything is settled,” Sungwoo says, and Chanyeol can hear his smile. “We’re on track for departure, and I just got back from the store. We have everything we could possibly need.”

Chanyeol holds a hand over his heart. “Good, good. I can’t wait, really. I’m so looking forward to this.”

It’s their two year anniversary, and they’ve planned a week-long away. They’re going to a mountain lodge, totally private and gorgeous. The agency has gotten in on it, making sure that they’ll get to the mountain and back safely, which was Sungwoo’s number one priority for Chanyeol. All Chanyeol cared about was that they would be completely and totally alone for the first time in their relationship. He was going to use that time wisely.

There’s no pressure,” Sungwoo says, jolting Chanyeol out of his fantasies. “We don’t have to do anything, if you don’t want to.

Chanyeol laughs quietly. He’s made Sungwoo go shopping for lube, condoms, and toys—anything that looked interesting and fun. He can just imagine his boyfriend walking down the street, laden down with all those things. He hopes the Agency people don’t go through their bags before they let them go.

“I’m not feeling pressured,” Chanyeol assures. “I want this. I’m finally ready for it, I know I am. Maybe I’ll keep my shirt on, but I’m not nervous about it. Are you?”

No,” Sungwoo says. “I just want you to be 100% sure.

“And I am.” If he could be anymore sure he would already be in Sungwoo’s apartment. But they’ve waited a long time, and Chanyeol wants this to be really, really memorable and he wants them to be able to take their time. “I’ll see you tomorrow. I love you.”

I love you, too.

Chanyeol hangs up, grinning to himself, and turns around to find himself face-to-face with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. He screams and nearly drops his phone, staggering backwards.

“Wow, you’re jumpy,” Baekhyun says.

Chanyeol almost wants to cry. “Don’t you dare sneak up on me like that ever again.”

Baekhyun opens his mouth, probably to say something stupid, but Kyungsoo talks over him.

“Sorry about that, we didn’t mean to scare you.”

Chanyeol looks at Kyungsoo in shock. “Oh. Really?”

Baekhyun nods. “Totally. I mean it was funny but we thought you knew we were here.”

“Were you eavesdropping on me?” Chanyeol asks.

“Kind of,” Baekhyun admits. “Hard not hear you being all gooey-eyed, though.”

Kyungsoo’s expression darkens and he leans against the wall. “We came to interrogate you about your boyfriend.”

“You’re out of luck,” Chanyeol says, no hesitation. “You’re not getting anything out of me.”

“Why not?” Baekhyun demands. “We’re supposed to be your friends, you should tell us these kinds of things, things besides just his name.”

“I will one day, okay? When we’re not constantly under threat of being killed or tortured, I’ll tell you all about him. Right now all you need to know is that he loves me, and I love him, and he makes me happy.” And really, shouldn’t that be enough? But he won’t ask them that.

Baekhyun glares. “Do you know how much it hurts to know that you told Sehun before me? I tell you everything.”

“I didn’t ask to hear half of what you’ve told me,” Chanyeol fires back. “It’s my choice and I only told Sehun a little, just enough so he would understand why I need help getting away from Suho.”

Baekhyun opens his mouth but Kyungsoo once again talks over him. “Can you at least tell us why Suho doesn’t like him?”

Chanyeol hesitates, then he sighs and grabs both their hands and drags them to his room. He locks the door and pushes them both on to the bed. “Look,” he says tiredly, “Suho is like a brother to me. He has a job to dislike any potential boyfriend of mine. But he’s gotten better, he’s actually warmed up to Sungwoo in the past few months. If you must know, Suho had a problem with him because he’s…older. And I don’t want you to meet him because I don’t want you to judge him because of that.”

Baekhyun looks surprised. “Older? Chanyeol, come on, what do you take us for? What, is he divorced? Does he have kids?”

“No and no,” Chanyeol says.

“So what, he’s like thirty five?” Baekhyun asks.

Chanyeol’s stomach sinks. “Please don’t try to guess.”

“Older than thirty five?”

“Baekhyun…”

“If he’s older than sixty Chanyeol, so help me you need your head examined.”

“Younger than sixty.”

“Oh well, at least he can still get it up without help then. Probably.”

“Baekhyun!”

Kyungsoo slaps a hand over Baekhyun’s mouth. “Chanyeol, we just don’t want you to be hurt. If he’s so much older I can see why Suho was worried. What’s going to happen in twenty years?”

Chanyeol laughs sadly. “Kyungsoo, let’s make it to twenty years from now before we worry about that, okay? With our job and my powers, that might not even happen.”

His friends have nothing to say to that.

 

The cabin is even more beautiful than the pictures made it look, and the pictures made it look beautiful. The cabin backs onto a forest, and in front of it is a stretch of bare slope, perfect for viewing the sunset. And perfect for rolling down. The first thing Chanyeol does upon arrival is drop his bags in the snow and run for the hill, and he barrels down the slope, tumbling and getting snow all inside of his clothes, and when he lands at the bottom he looks up and sees Sungwoo laughing at him from above.

Chanyeol holds out his arms. “Come down here, you!”

“I would break my neck,” Sungwoo calls. “I’m surprised you didn’t! Come up here, you. I’ll be you’re soaking wet. I’ll make you hot chocolate.”

Chanyeol gets up and dusts himself off as best he can. The snow is dense and heavy, and when Sungwoo turns his back Chanyeol scoops up a handful and forms it into a snowball. He runs back up the hill, hands behind his back, and as soon as he gets close enough he yells Sungwoo’s name and throws the snowball at him—

And gets hit square in the face with a snowball.

Sputtering, Chanyeol wipes his face and sees Sungwoo doing the same thing. They somehow managed to throw their snowballs at exactly the same time and both hit their mark.

“What do you know,” Sungwoo laughs, “Great minds do think alike!”

They go inside and change, and then they curl up on the sofa and drink hot chocolate. They make a fire in the fireplace and roast marshmallows, and make s’mores. And when Chanyeol starts to feel sleepy, Sungwoo carries him to bed. For tonight, Chanyeol is content to just lie in bed with his boyfriend. But tomorrow, tomorrow is the day for sure.

 

 

Five down, one to go. I'm not sure if I'm going to do another round of one shots for each couple, because I do have another ot3 centric one and ideas for the others but I also want to get back to advancing the plot, now that we've had a time skip and peeked into the couple's lives a bit. I'll probably post the Taoris oneshot over the weekend.

Title from Song Jieun's song of the same name.