Baekhyun/Jongdae: In Your Eyes

With Love

Baekhyun/Jongdae : In Your Eyes

 

“You know what we should do?” Jongdae asks.

Baekhyun sits up, knocking Jongdae’s hand away from his hair. “What should we do?” He asks excitedly.

Jongdae is surprised at his response—he thought Baekhyun was nearly asleep. “I was just going to say that we should do something nice for Suho. Since, if he hadn’t dumped you in my room all that time ago, maybe we wouldn’t have gotten so much closer and maybe we wouldn’t have gotten to the point of ual frustration that we did when we first kissed.”

“Oh,” Baekhyun says, sounding slightly calmer. “Yeah, of course. That’s a good idea.”

Jongdae scoots up on their bed and folds his arms over his chest. “Well, what did you think I was going to say?”

 Baekhyun is rendered momentarily speechless when Jongdae’s arms flex, but he recovers quickly. “I just thought…you were going to say something else.”

Jongdae nods. “What was that?”

Baekhyun shrugs. “That we should…talk.”

Well that’s interesting. “Talk about what? Do you think we should talk?”

Baekhyun sits next to Jongdae. “It’s just that we’ve been dating for more than a year and I think we’re getting pretty serious. So, maybe we should discuss the future, you know?”

The future. Their future, as a couple. “Okay,” Jongdae says. “So you mean like…like what if we were...‘In ten years where do you see yourself’ kind of thing?”

“Sort of,” Baekhyun says nervously. “We could start there, yeah. What do you want to do when you leave the Agency?”

Jongdae can answer that, he knows the answer to that. “Actually, I’ll probably never leave. I would probably join the more behind-the-scenes people and be a hacker permanently, go wherever they need me most. But I would like to stay on Earth. I wouldn’t mind going to China, or even Malaysia or the Philippines, somewhere like that. Espionage would kind of be my thing forever, I guess. What about you?”

Baekhyun considers it for a moment. “I want to sing. But if I can’t then I guess I would also keep working for the Agency, somehow.”

“What about Taeyeon, would you want to try to find her?” Jongdae asks.

Baekhyun smiles a little sadly. “No, no. I tried, she knows that I did. I’m leaving it up to her now if she wants to get in touch with me again. But if she never does, that’s okay. I know she’s hurt, and I know that seeing me will bring those memories back. It would probably do the same for me and to be honest, I don’t know if I’m strong enough for that.”

Jongdae has never met Baekhyun’s ex-girlfriend, but somewhere in the back of his mind he always wondered where he stood compared to her. Now that he knows what Baekhyun thinks of the situation, he finds himself more relieved than he thought he would be. Suddenly, he sees why Baekhyun wanted to have this conversation and he realizes that it is a very, very good idea.

“Okay,” Jongdae says. He smiles, and feels some tension leave his shoulders. Baekhyun returns the smile, and leans forward to kiss him.

“So,” Baekhyun says, taking Jongdae’s hands, “Let me ask you, objectively, how do you feel about marriage?”

Jongdae’s stomach is doing backflips—the good kind. “Marriage is a beautiful thing,” he answers. “Objectively speaking. I’m all about marriage, weddings, honeymoons.”

Baekhyun laughs. “Yeah? Even between two men?”

“Especially then,” Jongdae says. “And I am so totally about that married life. Moving in together, splitting the rent, lazy weekend mornings, maybe getting a dog…”

Baekhyun’s eyes are positively sparkling, his smile lights up his face. “And how do you feel about kids?”

Jongdae feels like he could explode from sheer joy, even though there’s no guarantee that this conversation will actually hold true in the future, even though nothing is certain. He knows what Baekhyun wants him to say, and he means every word when he says, “I love kids. I want like, ten.”

Laughing delightedly, Baekhyun crawls into Jongdae’s lap and kisses him senseless. When Jongdae can finally breathe again he finds himself on his back, his hands under Baekhyun’s shirt, and Baekhyun looking at him with tears in his eyes.

“Would you consider compromising at five kids?” Baekhyun asks. “I love them too, but I feel like ten might be a little too much.”

Jongdae grins and nods. “Five is a good number, I could work with that.” He lowers his hands to Baekhyun’s hips, thumbs resting on the waistband of his jeans. “So, objectively speaking, would you rather adopt or use a surrogate to have your kids?”

Baekhyun shrugs. “Honestly, I could have either. It depends on what my options are. I think that of the two, surrogacy is more costly and risky, but if my husband and I could afford it then I would like to try. But I definitely do want to adopt. And not just babies, maybe an older child. There are so many wonderful kids waiting to get a good home and I would love to be the person that gives them that home.”

Before he can say anything else, Jongdae tightens his grip and flips Baekhyun over onto his back, and he pins him to the bed and stares him down. “Do you really mean it?” he asks breathlessly. “Would you really be okay with an older child? Or maybe even one who is mentally or physically challenged?”

Baekhyun nods. “If my husband and I were financially stable enough, absolutely.”

Jongdae gasps and kisses Baekhyun soundly, studiously ignoring the tears that well up in his eyes until Baekhyun gently pushes him back and calls him out on it.

“Baby, why are you crying?”

Jongdae wipes his eyes. “I’m okay, I just…didn’t realize it was possible for me to love you more than I already did.”

The future may not be certain, but Jongdae’s painting a picture in his mind and he’s going to do whatever he can to make it a reality, and he knows that Baekhyun is right beside him on that.

 

 

 

Dude

Duuuuuuuuuude

My own darn story is making me melt!!!!