Kai/Kyungsoo: Baby

With Love

There's kind of a flow between these drabbles, I think. BAH I need to get back to writing real things but no, too many couple stories to write first!

Kaisoo : Baby

 

Kyungsoo dangles his legs in the water, wriggling his toes just under the surface and watching the water dance. It’s been forever since it last rained, and the water is crystal clear. Kai must be fifteen meters down, and Kyungsoo can still see him clearly. It’s beautiful in the grotto, and Kyungsoo almost wishes that he and Kai could stay here forever. No, what he wishes is that he wasn’t still so afraid of the water. But now it’s less that he’s afraid and more that he’s cold. He went in for a while earlier, but it’s only the beginning of summer and the water is freezing.

Kai surfaces and swims over to Kyungsoo. He rests his hands on Kyungsoo’s knees and looks up at him with those gorgeous eyes. “What’s up?”

Kyungsoo grins and ruffles Kai’s hair. “Thinking about how beautiful you are.”

A tentacle suddenly tickles the bottom of Kyungsoo’s foot and he yelps, pulling away sharply, but Kai is strong and holds him steady. He does stop tickling Kyungsoo, though.

“I almost kicked you in the face,” Kyungsoo scolds, flicking Kai between the eyes. “What was that for?”

Kai shrugs. “I don’t know.” There’s an evil gleam in his eyes. “Getting you riled up? I wanted to hear you scream? Because I can?”

Kyungsoo scoffs and pushes at Kai’s head. “You’re wicked.”

Kai giggles and pushes himself out of the water to lay his head in Kyungsoo’s lap. “That’s not what you said an hour ago,” he says, nosing at the laces on Kyungsoo’s swim trunks.

Kyungsoo blushes deeply, recalling how Kai had pinned him against the rocks, then slipped below the water and threw Kyungsoo’s legs over his shoulders to hold him up, and then…

Kyungsoo shivers and pushes Kai away from his crotch. “Who gives a under water?”

Kai laughs, “Someone who doesn’t need to breathe air and can put their mouth to good use, perhaps.”

Kyungsoo shivers again. “You have such a dirty mouth, who taught you to speak like that?”

Kai pouts. “Baekhyun and Jongdae are really loud.”

“Of all the things I never needed to know,” Kyungsoo groans, leaning back until he’s laying down. It will take forever for him to forget that Kai said that.

Kai wriggles out of the water and flops down on Kyungsoo’s side. Kyungsoo turns to stare at him, admiring the way the light looks on his skin and brings out the darker flecks of color. He brushes his thumb against Kai’s lips, and Kai nips at him before he can pull away. Kyungsoo once worried about Kai’s sharp teeth when he was in this state, and by now he’s learned that he should have never doubted his beloved.

“Why are you up here?” Kyungsoo asks. “Are you drying out?”

Kai nods. “I’m hungry, and I kind of want to go home.”

“Is it getting boring? Coming to this one spot over and over?”

Kai shakes his head. “No. I like it here, and I like it more because we’re alone.”

Kyungsoo inches across the smooth rock and cuddles against Kai’s side, laying his head on Kai’s chest. “One day we’ll get a boat, and take it out to the middle of the ocean so we can see the stars. Maybe at the end of summer we can do that.”

Kai looks ecstatic at the mere suggestion. “I would love that. It’s so beautiful, really, just getting to see all the stars and feel the waves rocking you, it’s my favorite thing in the world. We should do that, we really should.”

Kyungsoo grins and leans back to give Kai a kiss. “Do you know what I love about you?”

“Everything?” Kai offers with a smile.

Kyungsoo laughs and kisses him again. “Yes, but some of those many things is your unfailing enthusiasm and genuine smile.”

Kai is starting to dry off, his skin is lightening and his features changing. Kyungsoo touches the webbing between his fingers, and just like that it disappears under his touch. It reminds Kyungsoo of what he wanted to say in the first place.

“Kai, if you had a kid…would it be able to change forms the way you do?”

Kai seems surprised by the question. “I haven’t given it much thought, honestly…I guess so. I mean, I don’t even know how I’m able to do it. Biologically speaking, it’s kind of impossible. But then, I guess so is being the son of a . When birth in nature does happen, the offspring is usually genetically female. I suppose if I had a child with a human woman…but either way, the genes would be diluted. So really, I guess…I don’t know,” he finishes shyly, blushing. “Why? Do you…do you care?”

Kyungsoo shrugs. “I mean, thinking about it…I like kids. How do you feel about them?”

Kai nods, his jaw hanging open and looking stunned. “Yes.” Then he startles and blushes. “I mean, I like them, yes, I like kids. The more the merrier.”

Kyungsoo laughs and leans forward again to kiss Kai’s beautiful smile. “The more the merrier. I like the sound of that.”

Kai is fully human now, and he’s . Kyungsoo sits up and reaches for Kai’s clothing, but Kai grabs him and stops him. “I-if we could have a baby, if it was possible, would you want to?”

Kyungsoo sits back. “What do you mean?”

“The Agency wants to examine me in my aquatic form. They say my body type and DNA is like other species of what you would call merfolk in which homoual reproduction has been recorded, in which one or both partners were genetically and biologically male and female. They think I might be like that—male and female. If that was true, I might be able to carry a child when in my aquatic form.”

Kyungsoo can barely believe what he’s hearing. “R-really? You could…really?”

Kai nods rapidly. “Like I said, I don’t even know because I didn’t let them test me yet, but I could—”

Kyungsoo snaps out of his daze and takes Kai’s hands. “Only if you want to let them look into it.” He doesn’t want Kai to hand his body over to researchers only if he thinks it’s what Kyungsoo wants him to do. “And only later down the road, when we’re out of the Agency. Right now we’re just too young.”

Kai smiles, and squeezes Kyungsoo’s hands lightly. “Yes, of course.” He laughs, “Something to think about though, right?”

“Absolutely,” Kyungsoo agrees. They could have a baby? Potentially? Even the idea is amazing! “Wow, will the surprises ever end?”

Kai grabs his face and pulls him in for a kiss. “Not with us,” he says happily.

 

 

 

I'LL JUST LEAVE THIS HERE THEN. HAVE A NICE WEEK Y'ALL