Version #6: Jaebum's Method

7 Ways to Cuddle, According to Mark

Jaebum was known for being very shrewd. He always noticed the little things. As leader, he felt it was his job, but really it was just a part of his personality. That's how he knew how badly Bam Bam wanted to grow, constantly eyeing Jackson when they stood next to each other, seeing if he was finally taller, and constantly imitating Yugyeom's diet to see if it helped. That's how he knew that Jr. actually hated having his hair touched, but never complained when someone did.

That's how he knew that Mark was incredibly soft and cuddly, and even though he was constantly fighting the other boys off, Mark actually liked being cuddled.

He could tell that Mark was confused about his feelings -- how he didn't want to give in to enjoying the snuggling because he had some weird sense of manliness or whatever -- but he also knew Mark was bad about refusing whatever his bandmates wanted. They didn't realize it, but Mark would always wear down eventually and give in, even if he protested at first.

Jaebum knew all of this, but he didn't say anything. He believed things should take their course.

It was, however, giving Jaebum a bit of a headache the way the 5 other boys were often fighting when an opportunity arose to get close to Mark. Which is why Jaebum made up the following lie: "Mark, one of the stylists wants to see you for a bit."

They were in a waiting room at another location shoot for their music video. A break had been called, so the boys were hanging out until they were called to return. Jaebum had been watching Mark trying to find a place to sit where the other boys couldn't sit next to him (knowing it would lead to them hanging all over the oldest boy). So Jaebum told the lie and took Mark out of the room, leading him to the room next door.

"There's no one in here." Mark said, looking around.

"I know. I just thought you'd want a break, so I lied." Mark looked at Jaebum gratefully.

"Yeah. Thanks."

Mark quickly sat down on one of the white sofas, stretching his legs out and leaning his head back against the seat. "It feels so good to sit down after standing and dancing for so long."

Jaebum sat down next to him, leaving Mark room so he didn't feel squished. He was really curious about how comfortable Mark was, but he didn't want to add even more stress on the boy.

The leader rubbed his forehead, a headache forming just from thinking about it. He hoped this would all get resolved soon, and that either the other boys left him alone, or that Mark finally just accepted it.

"Do you have a headache, Jaebum?" Mark questioned.

"Ah, it's nothing. I'm fine."

Mark was concerned, though. He knew Jaebum felt a lot of pressure in his role as the leader of GOT7, and Mark was always willing to do what he could to ease some of that pressure. So he scooted a little closer to Jaebum and began to rub his shoulders.

"Wow, that feels great." Jaebum sighed, "I forgot you have magic hands."

Mark smirked. "Yeah, I don't do this often, so enjoy it while you can."

Jaebum could feel himself sinking into a sleepy bliss. He knew when Mark stopped giving him a shoulder massage and pulled his head onto Mark's lap, but he didn't fight it. He had to admit he was curious. He just snuggled a little into Mark's legs as Mark lightly brushed Jaebum's hair with his fingers, gently massaging his head.

So this is what the others had been fighting about. Jaebum wasn't even truly snuggling Mark, exactly, but even his head resting on Mark's lap was enough for Jaebum to see just how comfortable Mark was. Laying on Mark was better than laying on his own pillow, which was saying a lot because Jaebum had a really nice pillow.

Mark had stopped Jaebum's head and Jaebum peeked up to find Mark asleep, one hand resting on Jaebum's side. Jaebum took Mark's hand and held it between own hands as he crossed his arms across his chest, basically hugging Mark's hand. Mark's other hand still rested lightly on Jaebum's head.

Jaebum soon fell asleep that way, until a door slammed open and the yelling started.

"Hey! Get off him, Jaebum! That lap is MINE." Jackson was yelling as he started pulling Jaebum away from Mark. "I'm here to save you, Mark!"

Jaebum managed to wrest himself away from Jackson before pulling Mark into a hug, who was still adorably trying to wake up. "Looks like Mark is mine, Jackson!" Jaebum said with a grin, knowing it would rile the younger boy up (and half wishing it was true -- seriously, why does skinny Mark have such a comfortable lap?!).

If looks could kill, Jaebum would've been dead instantly from Jackson's glare. How could he attack Jaebum without hurting Mark? Thinking quickly, Jackson began to tickle Jaebum under his arms, and the older boy couldn't hold on any longer. Jaebum giggled helplessly, and Jackson was able to get a hold of one of Mark's arms. Jaebum was still able to hold on to Mark's other arm, however.

Mark was truly awake now and was glaring at both boys. He wasn't a toy to fight over! But neither boy was paying him any attention, both so fixated on getting Mark away from the other. 

"Knock it off, guys! If anything, I should be the one to get to pick!" Mark yelled angrily. His words changed the tension in the room.

"If you're picking, then you'll definitely pick me, right Mark?" Jackson implored eagerly.

"No, he'll pick me. I'm the leader and his best friend! Isn't that right, Mark?" Jaebum corrected, looking at Mark with a smile.

"Maybe I don't want to pick anyone!" Mark replied stubbornly.

Mark hadn't expected the sudden sadness on both boys' faces. Jackson looked like a kicked puppy, and Jaebum looked an equal mix of crushed and teary-eyed. Mark couldn't handle it.

"Well...I mean...there are two sides of me...you could always share, I guess." He stammered.

Immediately, Jackson was clinging to his left side and Jaebum was clinging to his right. "But you'll pick me in the end, won't you, Mark?" Jackson said brightly, his face a little too close. Mark blushed.

"I bet he picks me. I take care of him the best!" Jaebum taunted, and the bickering continued.

That's how Mark found himself snuggled between the two boys on the couch in a J sandwich. They weren't even asleep, but contentment was rolling off them in waves. Occasionally, Jaebum's hair would tickle Mark's cheek, or he'd rub gentle circles into Mark's knee. Jackson would sometimes twine their fingers together and hum, or rub his thumb across Mark's wrist in a soothing pattern when curled under Mark's arm.

That's when Mark knew he was well and truly screwed.