Version #5: Youngjae's Surprise

7 Ways to Cuddle, According to Mark

"Jackson, you aren't fooling anyone! You aren't sleepwalking into my bed each night!" Mark whispered furiously before slamming the bedroom door he shared with the younger boy. He walked into the living room, hugging his pillow, trying to figure out where to sleep. Jr. immediately popped his head out of his bedroom.

"You can sleep with me, Mark!" Jr. said, hopefully.

"Who's sleeping with Mark?" Bam Bam yelled, sticking his head out of his bedroom, followed closely by Yugyeom, who said at the same time, "Come sleep with me, Mark!"

"Ooooh, yeah, you can sleep between me and Yugyeom, Mark-hyung! It'll be like a sleepover!" Bam Bam exclaimed excitedly.

And get it plastered all over Twitter? Mark thought, imagining all the crazy pictures he knew Bam Bam would take while he was asleep. "Uh, I already arranged things with Jaebum. Sorry. Boss's orders!" Mark hurried away to the room Jaebum and Youngjae shared, shutting the door quickly behind him.

"Oh, hey, Mark!" Jaebum said, folding his clothes neatly while putting them away. "What's up?"

"Did Jackson use your blankets as towels again?" Youngjae asked, glancing up from his notebook.

"Can I ask a favor?"

Jaebum and Youngjae immediately paused and looked up. Mark never asked for favors.

"Can one of you sleep in my room tonight? Jackson's driving me crazy. My bed is clean. Pretty please?" Mark did his best to give his puppy dog eyes and classic pout.

Mark didn't know how powerful that look was, but Jaebum and Youngjae knew they were going to give in the minute it appeared.

"I'll go." They said in unison, before looking at each other and chuckling. "No, you stay, Youngjae. I'm the leader, so I'll go." Jaebum said.

"Thanks, guys. I owe you one, Jaebum." Mark said, gratefully.

"Mark! Maaark! Come back to me, Mark!" Jackson wailed on the other side of the door. Jaebum raised an eyebrow at Mark and said, "I'll go take care of that."

After Jaebum left, the two boys laid down, ready to get some much needed sleep. "I'm sorry if I take over the bed. I've gotten better, but I still sometimes wake up with all the blankets." Youngjae said, apologetically.

Mark just smiled. "Don't worry about it, Youngjae. I'm just happy you guys are letting me sleep here tonight."

The two boys drifted asleep, happy in their own little worlds. In the middle of the night, however, Mark awoke on his side, feeling something digging into his waist. He blinked slowly and moved to turn on his back, but found himself immobilized. Youngjae was plastered against his back, snoring softly, arms wrapped around Mark's middle as if back hugging him. Every time Mark tried to pull away, Youngjae just pulled back harder, and snuggled his face into Mark's back. Finally, Mark was able to slide out of Youngjae's grip, breathing a sigh of relief. He pushed the sheets between them, creating a mini barrier, before quickly falling asleep again (although not without a brief moment of missing Youngjae's warmth).

In the morning, Mark could sense himself waking up, but it was as if he was climbing up out of water. Everything was a bit foggy, but comfortable -- a warm, heavy presence lay over him like a really fluffy blanket. Once Mark came to his senses, he realized that warm, heavy presence was actually Youngjae. Sometime in the night, Youngjae had found his way over to him again, and had fallen asleep on top of Mark, his legs tangled with the older boy's. Youngjae burrowed his face deeper into Mark's neck and sighed, still deeply asleep. Mark was surprisingly content, but quickly mentally shook himself back to earth.

"Youngjae. Yooooungjae." Mark called, shaking him roughly before pinching him on the arm. Mark always felt bad for having to be harsh when waking Youngjae up, but he knew Youngjae wouldn't wake up otherwise. Youngjae yawned loudly before rubbing his eyes, but then snuggled back into Mark, hugging him.

"Youngjae, dude, you gotta wake up. You're sleeping on me."

"Mmhmm mhm hmmm."

Mark pulled up Youngjae's eyelids. "Helloooo? Anyone home?"

Youngjae started at that and finally woke up. "Hm? What? Wait, why am I on top of you?" As soon as the words left his mouth, Youngjae's face turned bright red and he quickly moved off Mark.

"Uh...um...sorry, Mark. I don't always know what I'm doing when I'm sleeping."

"I know. It's fine, Youngjae."

Jaebum chose that moment to appear. "Hey guys -- oh, wow, Youngjae's awake. We've got 15 minutes before we have to leave."

Everyone scrambled to get ready, except Youngjae, who stared at Mark's retreating back with longing. When he woke up, he was surprised to find himself sleeping on top of Mark, but he was even more surprised to find he liked it. He had been dreaming that he'd been sleeping on clouds, and he knew every time he saw Mark now he'd be thinking of their fluffy whiteness. It was a shame Jaebum wasn't as comfortable. This must be why Jackson is so whiny every time Mark tries to sleep somewhere else! Youngjae realized.

Suddenly, shouting could be heard from the main room.

"What? No! Not my baby Mark! He's been taken advantage of!" Jinyoung was yelling, and Jackson's outraged voice was soon heard after.

"Mark? MARK! What are you doing? You won't let me sleep with you, but you slept with Youngjae!?"

"Hyung, why Youngjae? Pick me next time!!" Yugyeom whined.

"BAM BAM! If you post that to Twitter, I will strangle you!" Mark yelled over the noise, trying to reach the younger boy while Bam Bam ran around hugging the evidence of Mark and Youngjae's sleeping arrangement on his phone.

"I won't post it if you sleep in my room tonight!"

That's when Youngjae realized he had more than Jackson to contend with over Mark.