I Love You Part 9

Because I Love You

Seulgi pushes the door open that led to the rooftop. The cold breeze brushes her skin, making her shivers. She rub her arms as she walks further the rooftop, to Joy's favorite spot. That's where they ; Wendy, Irene and her found Joy, one year ago. Joy was so timid and shy back then, she barely had any friends around her age, she never talk much in the class. Thus she always hides here at the most secluded area on the rooftop each time she faces some difficulties adapting to her new surrounding. The trio help her alot during that time, hence they become best friends in a short amount of time.

Seulgi turns at the corner, smiling faintly as she sees Joy sitting on a bench that they brought themselves so they can have their leisure time there. Joy doesn't seem to realize her presence as the younger lost in deep thoughts. Seulgi slowly approaches her and sit beside the taller girl. Joy startles at the sudden presence, and heaves a sigh once she saw Seulgi.

" Hi, Joy. " Seulgi smiles.

" Hey, unnie.. I've missed you. " grins Joy.

" You rascal, we just met few days ago? " replies Seulgi while pinching Joy's chubby cheek.

Joy immediately pouts, " So is that mean you don't miss me, Seulgi unnie? "

Seulgi laughs, her bear-like laugh always sound so melodic for Joy.

" I would be a fool if I don't miss my little rascal! " 

Joy puts her head on Seulgi's shoulder, sighing. Seulgi wraps her arm around Joy's waist, bringing her closer. She knows what is in Joy's mind right now, but she wants the younger to start the topic. She can't bring herself to tell the truth, as it will breaks her heart, like what it does to her own heart. 

" Is it true, unnie? That Wendy unnie going back to Canada? " Joy finally asks.

It's a lie actually, a pure lie that made by Wendy herself. She wants to quit the school without teachers and friends bugging her about it, hence she comes out with the idea ; saying she's going back to her hometown. She doesn't want anybody knows that she will be gone forever, in less than five days. Not even Joy, and Irene. Wendy makes her promise that she won't tell either Joy or Irene about this, of course Seulgi hesitates, considering how close the four of them are to each other. They can't keep secrets, that's their promise from the start.

Seulgi's silence makes Joy change her position, now they are facing each other. Joy's stern look makes Seulgi shock for awhile as she never witness a serious Joy Park Sooyoung.

" Tell me, what exactly happened? Is it true Wendy broke up with Irene? Why? Is there something wrong between them? I'm sure Wendy won't do this, unless if there's a great damn reason why she dumps Irene, hurting her, making her cries, calling for her name every single second! Irene, Irene unnie is hurting! Th-that night, she- almost stab herself, Seulgi! Do you know how afraid I was?! Why, just why?! " Joy shake Seulgi's shoulders roughly, demanding an answer from the older girl.

Seulgi bites her lip.

I'm sorry, Seungwan. They need to know about this, they have every reason to know.

" She's dying, Joy. " Seulgi avoids eye contact with Joy.

" What? " stammers Joy.

" She has been suffering from brain tumor since six months ago, but she never tell me about it. Only when she suddenly got a serious headache at one night one month ago, and fainted from it, I called for help and the doctor said her brain tumor is in critical condition. She never went to get treatment, I would force her if I know about it sooner, but.... it's already too late.. The doctor even said there's nothing to do about it since she never got any treatment from the start.. She only left five days, or even less..... " tears forming in her eyes as she clench on her fists tightly.

The looks on Joy's face is mixed between shock, confusion, angry and sad. She gasp when she heard Wendy only has five days, or less. She tries to deny everything that comes out from Seulgi, but once the older starts to cry, warm tears trailing her cheeks. She shakes her head furiously, her body shivering as she bit down on her arm. She sobs harder as Seulgi comes closer and pulls her into a hug.

" Wh-what about Irene unnie..? " Joy manages to say between her cries.

Seulgi shakes her head, burying her face on Joy's neck while hugging her tighter.

Seulgi gasps, " I- I don't know.. I really... don't know... "

Joy cries even harder as her mind is full with their bittersweet memories together with Wendy and Irene.