I Love You Part 10

Because I Love You

Wendy glances at Seulgi as they are walking back to their house. She notices that Seulgi acts strange after they separated for awhile back at school before, saying her soccer coach called her for a brief meeting. Seulgi doesn't talk much after that, not too mention her eyes are a little puffy and red. Wendy knows something is bothering her mind.

She calls, " Seulgi. "

" Yes, Seungwan? " replies Seulgi, looking at the shorter girl who is walking beside her.

" Is there something wrong? The coach said something about final match? " asks Wendy.

Seulgi smiles, and shakes her head. She grabs Wendy's wrist and walk together. Silence.

Wendy bites her lip in worry, it's rare to see Seulgi like that. She squeeze Seulgi's hand lightly, earning attention from her.

" Why, Seungwan? "

" Did you meet with Joy or.... Irene this morning? " Wendy avoids eye-contact with the girl in front of her.

Seulgi composes herself, " Wendy, they- "

" Wendy... " a soft voice interrupts their small talk.

Wendy's heart skips a beat as she knows exactly, the voice belongs to who. She can't help but to get shocked as she is standing in front of her at the moment. Seulgi has her eyes open wide as she saw the girl, waiting for them, for Wendy to be exact in front of their house.

Irene.

Wendy stays rooted on the ground, unable to talk or move, like a statue. The tension atmosphere makes Seulgi feels uncomfortable and awkward, she decides to leave the two of them alone but Wendy hold her hand tight as she was about to leave.

" Stay. " says Wendy.

" Seungwan- " Seulgi sighs.

" W-what are you doing here, Joohyun? " Wendy tries hard to sound stern and nonchalant when instead, her heart is aching.

Irene fiddles with the end of her clothes, still arranging proper words to say to Wendy. She doesn't even know why she's nervous once she saw Wendy right in front of her eyes. She misses her so bad ; she needs her undivided attention, her delicate touches, her soft and calming voice, her sweet words, she wants her. She wants Wendy. Wendy's passionate love.

Wendy sighs heavily, " If you don't have anything to say, go home then. I told you, I don't want to see you again, Joohyun. "

Wendy drags Seulgi along as she walks past Irene. Their eyes meet for a second before Irene takes Wendy by suprise, as the older girl pulls her into a backhug. Wendy gasps at the sudden action and Irene tightens the hug. Seulgi uses the chance to leave them alone and run her way into the house, leaving dumbfounded Wendy and crying Irene at the porch.

" J-Joohyun, let me go.. " Wendy tries to free herself from the embrace, pulling Irene's small arms away from her without hurting the crying girl.

Irene sobs on Wendy's back, " Don't do this, Seungwan... Please, it's hurting me, hurting us.. I know, I know you still love me, what is it that's bothering your mind? Until you decided to break up with me.... W-what.. "

Irene's irregular breathing catches Wendy's attention. She stops struggling from Irene's grip. Irene breathes hard on her back.

She sounds like she's out of breathe...?

Wendy swallows the lump on , " Joohyun, are you okay? "

Irene shakes her head, " I'm not okay. I've never been okay since you left me.. I'm not okay... "

Irene's grip around her waist slowly loosen, but she still back-hugging Wendy. Wendy doesn't know what to say as Irene continues to cry helplessly.

Irene's breathe quicken as she cries harder, her hold on Wendy completely loosen as she loses her conscience. Wendy manages to grab a hold of Irene before she falls on the hard ground. 

" I-Irene? Irene! " Wendy calls out desperately as she hold Irene's pale face.

Irene is unconscious.

Wendy is panicked, as Irene goes limp in her arms.

" SEULGI!!!!!!!!!! "

*