I Love You Part 13

Because I Love You

The doctor hands a piece of paper to Wendy, giving her time to read all those words that are printed on it. As she done reading it, she puts the paper back on the table and stares at it for awhile. The doctor looks intently at the girl in front of her, who happened to be his patient too. Wendy is a nice girl, he thought.

" Are you sure you're willing to donate your heart to Bae Joohyun once the time has comes? " asks him, in concern.

Wendy is no one to him, but he's worried of her. Perhaps because Wendy resembles her late daughter, who suffered from brain tumor too five years ago.

Wendy just nods her head.

He sighs lowly, before giving her a fountain pen and asks her to sign at the bottom of the paper. Wendy doesn't even hesitate a bit and signs it, indicating that she's agree to whatever the rules and precautions and so on. She then hands back the paper to him.

" Can I ask you for a favor? " says Wendy.

" Well, if it's not breaking the rules, why not? " replies him.

" Don't tell anyone about this, about I'm the donor or Irene's heart. Not even Irene, not even my two friends that are in there. Soon, they'll know about it, but just not now. "

The doctor once again heaves a sigh, before nodding.

Wendy gives a small smile to him, " Thank you. Please take care of Irene, I hope you can give everything you got for the operation to be success. "

He smiles back, " I'll do whatever I could. "

" When I'm dead, my heart would be hers. "

*

 Seulgi slams the door open, startling Wendy who is in the kitchen preparing some food for both her and her housemate. Wendy rushes to the living room, wanting to know what's the noise all about when she sees Seulgi walking, or dashing towards her. She's too stunned to move away as Seulgi grabs her on the collar.

Wendy groans when her back hits the wall, " Seul! What is it- "

A punch just hits the wall, just a mere cm from her face. Wendy looks at Seulgi, in shock. She doesn't get why Seulgi acting like this as soon as she came back. As she was about to say something, Seulgi interrupts her.

" Tell me why the do you do that? " growls Seulgi.

Wendy furrow her eyebrows, " What? Why? "

" ...DON'T ING ASK ME WHY, SON SEUNGWAN! " Seulgi grabs her collar tighter, pressing Wendy even more on the wall.

Wendy hiss, " What the , Seulgi! I don't get it, let me go! "

Wendy tries to pry herself away from Seulgi but to no avail. Seulgi's face is beet red, as her teeth chattering. She glares at Wendy, almost scaring Wendy with her dark stare.

" Do you think you can hide it from me, huh? So you're gonna donate your heart to Irene? " 

Wendy widen her eyes once she heard that.

" H- how do you know this? " stutters Wendy.

Seulgi grips on her collar become tighter.

" Are you crazy? Out of your mind? Stupid? ed up? " Seulgi whispers harshly.

Wendy's eyes bore themselves on Seulgi's.

" I'm not. I'm doing it for Irene. " states Wendy.

" And why would you do that? You know the donors have to be dead. YOU have to be dead. " Seulgi shove Wendy away.

Wendy fixes her shirt before simply says, " I know. And I will. Death will comes after me in no time. "

Seulgi completely lost her mind at that time, as her palm slaps Wendy, making Wendy stumbles on the sofa. Seulgi breathes hard, her hands shaking. Wendy slowly gets up.

" Why are you so sure you're gonna die!? Why are you giving up easily, Wendy!? There's gonna be a donor for Irene, we just have to wait for it, so you don't have to be an angel for her, you ing idiot! " barks Seulgi in anger.

" Who? " Wendy shots back.

Seulgi backs away a little.

" I.. I don't know. There's gonna be someone, we'll just have to wait for it.. " says Seulgi, uncertainty could be heard from the way she speaks.

Wendy chuckles, " Hah, wait and what? Watching Irene suffers and die? She needs the donor as soon as possible, Seulgi. And waiting isn't one of the choice, definitely. "

 Seulgi opens , but Wendy cuts her.

" And do you ing think someone else would die just for a stranger? Do you ing think, the family would allow their dead family member to be a donor, for a complete stranger? Do you? You are so dense if you really think like that, Kang Seulgi. The world doesn't goes around like that. "

Seulgi grits her teeth, " But you're willing to die for her. "

" I'M DYING, KANG SEULGI! I got this stupid brain tumor while Irene with heart failure, I can't let her die, she still can be cured from it, but me, there's nothing that can save me from this! This tumor is slowly killing me, do you know that!? " Wendy finally bursts out her anger, pulling on her hair desperately.

Wendy sobs, " Irene is no one to them, they won't donate anything to her. But Irene is something, someone very dear and special to me. And I want her to live, for her, for us. "

With that, Wendy collapses on the floor.

*

Irene's fingers twitch under Joy's palm. Joy quickly gets up and check on Irene, but Irene still unconscious. Joy sighs heavily. She caresses Irene's cheek softly while leaning closer.

" Please wake up, unnie. " Joy closes the gap between her and Irene's lips.

*