The Outcome

Because I Love You

" Irene... Irene... "

Irene heard someone was calling her name, and she recognize that voice. She turned around and saw Wendy who was standing not too far behind her. She went to her as Wendy engulfed her into a hug.

" I miss you, Joohyun-ah.. But I can't stay here too long.. "

Irene looked up. She frowned when Wendy was looking at her with those sorrowful and lifeless eyes.

" No, are you gonna leave me again? You promised me, Seungwan. I'm not letting you go again. " Irene buried her face on Wendy's chest as her hold around the younger tightened.

" I want to, but I can't... " said Wendy as she peppered Irene with tiny kisses.

" No, don't leave me alone.... " Irene started to cry.

 

Wendy held her face, using her thumbs to wipe the tears off.

" My love, I would stay if I could, trust me. But God has called for me. It's time. "

" What are you talking about?! Stop talking nonsense, Seungwan! You ain't going anywhere but here, with me. " Irene sobbed.

 

Wendy leaned forward and kissed Irene's eyes tenderly. She grabbed Irene's hand and placed it on her chest ; where her heart is located before placing it on Irene's chest.

" I'll be here. Forever. Think of me, and find me there. In your heart. "

Irene shook her head. Tears staining her face.

" Shh.. Don't cry, Joohyun.. I don't want to see you like this.. I want you to be happy even I'm not there with you... " said Wendy with her soothing voice.

" How can I be happy without you? How can I...!? "

Wendy leaned closer and pecked Irene's forehead softly, the kiss lingered for awhile as Irene cried, sobbed and begged her to stay. Her heart ached and torn seeing her dear love acting like that. It felt like her heart was being ripped apart when Irene told her to stay. If only she could....

A lone tear escaped Wendy's eyes. She held Irene's face in her hands, as they looking into each other's eyes. Eyes that potrayed sadness, pain, and longing.

" I love you, Bae Joohyun. Thank you, for existing and completing my life, for bringing joy and happiness to me, for creating smile on my face each time I see you, for being there during my ups and downs, and for... loving an imperfect person like me. I enjoy and treasure every single second that I spent with you. How I wish it could be longer. But I know I can't. I have to go- "

Irene pulled her into a kiss. A kiss where they let out all of their emotions, crying their hearts out as they whispered loving words to each other between the kisses. They rested their heads together.

" Please... " Irene choked on her tears. " Don't say goodbye.... "

Wendy had a small smile as she slowly disappearing and becoming invisible to Irene's eyes. Irene tried to grab for Wendy, but she couldn't.

" No, No! Seungwan, don't go..!! No, please, I'm begging you....! " Irene cried harder as she frantically tried to grab a hold of Wendy, but to no avail.

" I love you, Joohyun. Goodbye... "

Those were Wendy's last words before she completely disappeared into the thin air. Irene couldn't feel her existence anymore. Irene couldn't feel Wendy around her. And it struck her. Wendy is gone.

 

Wendy is....... gone.

Her knees weakened as she kneeled down, burying her face into her palms, crying and screaming ; for Wendy,  until her lung felt suffocated and hard to breathe. But she didn't care, she didn't stop, until she slowly losing her consciousness.

 

*

 Irene opened her eyes wide, and the first thing that she saw was the bright light that you usually saw in the operation rooms. She was surrounded by some nurses who were busy checking the operation equipments, reading something from some documents and talking to the doctor ; they were Dr. Henry with Ms. Sunny. And soon, the door swung opened with two nurses dragging a bed into the room.

Is that my donor?

As the bed came closer to her, Irene got a glimpse of the lifeless body on the bed ; the donor. And she gasped, as tears streaming down her face while looking at the familiar girl on the other bed.

Wen.... Wendy..?! No! It can't happen!

Irene started to trash wildly on the bed, wanting to run away from the hell, but the nurses were quick to grab and stop her. Sunny held her tight by the shoulder while looking at Henry. Irene was struggling to freed herself ; pushing, punching, slapping, kicking the nurses, but soon something was injected in her by Henry. She could feel her sight became blurred, and her head spun that she felt like she was about to faint. She looked at Wendy with teary eyes, before she fainted.

 

And the operation began.

 

*

Meanwhile..

Joy grabbed Seulgi's wrist before she got to let out her anger and sadness on the wall. Seulgi struggled from the vice grip, crying and trashing; screaming to Joy to let her go. Joy quickly hugged the older from behind, trying to comfort her.

" Seulgi unnie... Calm down.. " Joy whispered.

" How can I, how can I!? She's gone, Sooyoung.... Wendy is gone.........! " Seulgi screamed with her cracked voice.

Joy bit her lip hard, and tears once again wetting her face. It was painful; the pain couldn't be describe with words. Their dear sister, bestfriend has gone, forever. It felt like the world around them shattered and collapsed when the doctor confirmed it;

I'm sorry to tell you this, but Son Seungwan has passed away. And according to the agreements, we'll do the operation of heart transplant on Bae Joohyun as soon as possible. I'm very sorry, do accept my condolences.

That moment was heartbreaking. They couldn't think of anything else but Wendy. It was so hard to believe, that Wendy is gone, but when they went to look at Wendy's body before the operation; the reality hit them. Wendy is really gone. And tears couldn't stop ever since that moment when they saw how peaceful Wendy's face although she's dead.

Joy sniffed, " I know it's hard- it's difficult to accept this, to move on, but remember what Wendy unnie told us? "

Seulgi murmured, " Live well. For her, for us.. "

Joy slightly nodded as she entwining their hands together.

" Let's do that, shall we? It's her last wish to us. "

Seulgi stared at the mirror infront of them. She looked at how miserable and pitiful they looked like. With those puffy and red eyes. And suddenly, she saw an image on the mirror. No, not their reflection, but it was.... Wendy. She smiled at them, ever so sweetly. Seulgi couldn't believe her eyes, she rub them to get rid of the blurry vision and looked at the mirror again.

But Wendy no longer there.

She slumped her shoulder, leaning on the youngest as she nodded to herself.

" Yes, let's live for her. For our dear sister and family, for Wendy Son Seungwan. "

Seulgi turned around and brought Joy into a hug, as they cried and comforted each other.

The door opened and Sunny walked into the toilet. She saw them and relieved a sigh.

" Oh, you're here. "

" How- how's the operation..? " asked Joy worriedly.

Sunny had a small smile.

" It was a success. And I think she's awake now. Probably. "

Seulgi and Joy wiped their tears and smiled to each other before making their way to Irene's room; not forgetting to say their gratitude to the nurse.

Sunny sighed heavily, " It's gonna be tough for them to tell Joohyun the truth... "

 

*

Seulgi and Joy burst into the room, feeling excited to see Irene. And there was Irene, leaning at the bed post while looking at them. She looked pale and weak; considering that she just done with the operation. Joy burst into tears as she walked towards Irene, hugging her in her arms.

" Unnie.... You're okay.. I'm glad.. " said Joy who was burying her face on Irene's neck.

Seulgi also went to her and sat beside her on the bed. She caressed Irene's hand, smiling.

" How do you feel now, Irene unnie? " asked Seulgi while looking at Irene with soft gaze.

Irene somehow frowned at them.

Joy lifted up her head, " What's wrong, unnie? Why are you quiet? Does it hurt? "

Irene pulled her hand from Seulgi's hold and slightly pushed Joy by the shoulder.

" Unnie..? " Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows, feeling weird with Irene's behavior.

Irene finally opened , but what came from her shocking the two girls.

" Who are you..? "

" What are you talking about, Irene? It's us, Seulgi and Joy.. " stammered Seulgi while Joy was too stunned to let out any word.

Henry came into the room and called for Seulgi and Joy, which they talked outside the room.

" What's with her!? " Seulgi gritted her teeth.

Henry sighed.

" Joohyun is suffering from memory loss. It's basically due to psychological trauma. I assume it's because she saw Seungwan with her in the operation room before and she realize that Seungwan is her donor. Thus explained the trauma that she's having. In other words, she lose her memories. I know this is hard, but I strongly advise you to not mention anything about late Seungwan to Joohyun, or else her condition would become worse. "

 

**