I Love You Part 11

Because I Love You

" E-excuse me, may I know which room is a patient named Bae Joohyun located at? " Joy asks, breathless as she ran all the way to the hospital.

The nurse nods, " Wait a minute, let me check it first. "

Joy ditches her extra classes that evening after received a phone call from Seulgi, informing her about Irene. She is afraid, terrified that Irene will do something stupid again thus as soon as Seulgi told her that Irene fainted, she quickly left school and come to the hospital.

" Ms. Bae Joohyun, 20, is in Room 2309, third floor. " informs the nurse.

" Thank you. " Joy makes her way as fast as she could to the said place.

*

 " Heart failure? " Wendy stutters as she repeat back what the doctor have said earlier.

The doctor adjusts his glasses, and nods his head. He flips the documents on his hands, his eye brows scrunching while doing so. Wendy and Seulgi can't believe what the doctor told them about Irene as she never show them any symptoms that she's having heart problems, today is the first.

Wendy can't comprehend any word to say to the doctor, she still trying to digest everything. Seulgi looks at Wendy worriedly, Wendy is trying hard to not breaking up right then and there. Seulgi reaches out her hand and entwining their hands together, squeezing it lightly. Wendy doesn't even lift her head and keep staring at her lap. Seulgi wants to hug Wendy so bad, she doesn't want Wendy to suffer alone, she wants to be there for her. 

The doctor's rough voice interrupts her thoughts, " According to her condition, she needs to get a heart donor as soon as possible. Or else... "

Her life is in danger.

*

Joy barges into the room, her eyes greeted by Irene laying unconscious on the white hospital bed, Seulgi looking directly at her while Wendy doesn't even bother to look at her as she sits beside Irene's bed, caressing Irene's hand. She slowly walks towards the center of the room with heavy steps, and she realize Irene's pale and sick face. She looks.... lifeless. Joy stands there, unable to say anything with her eyes fixed on Irene.

" Joy... " says Seulgi weakly.

Joy clench her fists tight, " What did the doctor say? "

Seulgi glances at quiet Wendy as Wendy side-eye the youngest one in the room. Joy glares at Wendy's back.

" Why did you break up with Irene unnie? Why? Don't tell me she did stupid thing again this time... Tell me what exactly happened! " snarls Joy.

Wendy now shifting her position, fully facing the angry girl, " Be quiet, Irene is..... sick. " whispers Wendy.

Wendy's answer makes Joy widen her eyes, " Sick? She's sick? "

Seulgi approaches Joy who looks emotionally unstable. Wendy just nod her head as the answer. She can't bring herself to tell their precious maknae about Irene's condition. Irene is Joy's most favorite unnie, after all. As much as it burdens her, making Joy worried to death is the last thing she wants to do.

" I.... I blame you on that, Wendy. " Joy stammers.

Wendy rise her eye-brows, looking at Joy straight in the eyes while Seulgi tugs at Joy's arm, whispering words to the youngest one, probably calming her down. Wendy says nothing, she doesn't want to hurt Joy's feelings.

" You're sick, I know that. Seulgi told me about it.. " continues Joy, ignoring Seulgi's attempts to calm her down.

Wendy immediately shifts her gaze to Seulgi, who in turn avoids her gaze. They go silence for awhile.

" But that's not the reason why you should dump her. That's so stupid of you, Wendy. Because of you, Irene almost kill herself, if I didn't arrive in time, only god knows what would happen to her! She's suffering, you're hurting her with your thoughtless action! And now, now look at her, she's sick because of you! " Joy screams, letting tears fall on her cheeks.

This time, it's Seulgi who shouts, " Park Sooyoung!! Irene is-"

" Kang Seulgi! Let her be.. " Wendy says.

Seulgi is speechless while Joy is in confusion, but still her emotion gets the best of her.

Wendy turns her body and look at Irene. She reaches out her hand and caress Irene's cheek slowly, lovingly. She then moves closer and places a kiss on Irene's forehead, before kissing the side of her dry and pale lips. She stares at Irene for one last time before walking to the door.

" Seungwan, where are you going? " Seulgi grabs her wrist.

" I'll be back later, I have something else to do. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine I promise you. " Wendy smiles.

With that, Wendy closes the door and walk away from the room with a heavy heart.

*

 

Hey guys~ 50+ subscribers, 3 upvotes, I'm so touched! T^T Thank you guys for all the supports and your comments made my day~ This fic is reaching the end and I hope you guys have prepare lots of tissue for yourself! Hahaha I'm giving a hint here lol xD See you in next chap! :3