Two

The Survivor

Daehyun started panicking when he saw a laser beam starting to form a human, complete with a dagger. And then it clicked inside his head. 'This is the training room! From The Survivor!' However, right now his excitement has to wait because he's currently facing an enemy armless. "How the hell did they expect me to fight this thing?! Give me a weapon, at least!" He screamed in frustration but nonetheless kept his guard up.

 

He scanned the room for something that he could use as a weapon but nothing was really there inside the room except for them. "!" He cursed under his breath when the simulation enemy charged towards him. He manged to dodge it and quickly ran towards the other side of the room.

 

He took a quick peek of what's happening to the others inside the other rooms and they were having a hard time too. "How can I beat this thing?" He muttered under his breath when the thing ran towards him again.

 

"Dagger? Wait!" Daehyun was about to run away again before something suddenly popped into his mind. He quickly ran towards his enemy and evaded a strike (but the dagger still managed to cut his cheeks a bit) before punching straight on the simulator's forehead. His punch went through the thing's head and it immediately fade away. Daehyun sighed and immediately ran out of the room when the glass wall slid down, looking around as he stood in the middle of the room.

 

The area was huge, hexagonal with five training room and a door, probably a way out of the area. "It really is inside the game." He looked to his left and saw it was Himchan, struggling to escape from his enemy's continuous attacks. He knocked on the thick glass to gain his friend's attention but Himchan was too focus on running away from the guy with the sword. He turned around when he heard a loud siren blaring throughout the area before another person was released from the training room.

 

"TRAINING SESSION ENDED. CODE 01 AND CODE 04 SUCCEEDED."

 

The computer voice said before all the enemies in the three other rooms vanished. The other boy who had also been released looked exhausted before he fell onto his knees and sat on the floor. Daehyun quickly rushed towards him and shook him. "Hey, are you okay?" The boy was dressed similarly like him, something that one would wear to bed. The black haired nodded slowly before looking up to meet gazes with Daehyun.

 

He inspected the other's features carefully in that split second; round face and slightly chubby cheeks, eyes dark brown and pink lips. He looked at the other's forehead in case there's something on it like his but no, instead his eyes wander off towards the latter's neck and saw the glowing writing. Before he could read the writing, he was harshly shoved away and fell on his . "The hell is wrong with you?!"

 

The other scoffed before standing up on his feet. "So this is how that almighty Dae break whatever looks like." Daehyun was clueless at first but after a few seconds, it clicked inside his brain. "You're that kid?? Wait, you're not a kid??!" Daehyun was rather surprised to see that his rival wasn't a kid like he always had assumed before. Well, rivalling a kid doesn't sound cool either. "Why are you so convinced that I'm a kid anyway?" The boy in front of him rolled his eyes before both of them craned their neck when they heard a yell from the other side of the room.

 

"Daehyun!" Daehyun quickly turned around only to see his friend running towards him. If it's some other normal days in school, Daehyun would definitely laugh at the other's fear-stricken face. "Oh, so your name is Daehyun." Daehyun glared towards the black haired guy who was now folding his arm with an amused smirk on is face.

 

"Oh, shut up. Don't call me by my name." He said before standing up on his feet and saw the other two boys slowly making their way towards them. One of them looked young, maybe 15 or something but was extremely tall for his baby-like face while the other was just as young as the tall one, but this boy was a lot shorter and a bit muscular than the former.

 

"Are we really in the game?" The tall one asked no one in particular. "Seems like it. Judging from this area and our enemy just now…it is all like what's in the game." Daehyun voiced out his thought before frowning. He didn't see anyone with their username on their forehead like his. "Why is that thing on your forehead?" Himchan squinted his eyes as he brushed Daehyun's fringe away, revealing the bright writing on his forehead. "Mine is here." Himchan stated before he showed his friend the same blue thing but it was on his arm.

 

kinghimchan

75% 29:23:48

 

"Maybe everyone had that thing somewhere on their body…" Daehyun trailed off and his eyes again, immediately landed on his rival's neck.

 

fluffybunny94

88% 29:23:48

 

The latter covered his neck and gave him a death glare When he felt Daehyun's intense gaze on him so Daehyun decided to switch his attention towards the other two teens. "So… now what?" Daehyun asked. "I think this thing works exactly like the game." The short one with the hazel brown hair finally spoke. "If that's the case, aren't we supposed to find the Comrade Leader Bang? You know, we did that when we first register for that online game." The tall boy voiced out and Daehyun nodded a bit.

 

"Yeah, but…don't you remember? We were brought automatically to the command room. Which we had no idea where is the room now since we can't click the 'map' icon." The brunet explained in a-matter-of-factly. They all stood there in silent, clueless and had no idea of what to do next.

 

"Arrggh this is all your fault!" Himchan whom had stopped talking for a while suddenly burst out and lashed towards his friend. "What am I suppose to do?? I know nothing about this game! Jung Daehyun, this is all your fault!" Himchan panicked as he grabbed his friend bt the collar and shook him violently.

 

"Himchan! Don't-"

 

"No, don't Himchan me! If I just ignore you and sleep just now I won't be stuck here! I could die, you know that?!!"

 

"That's enough you two." Himchan stopped shaking his friend when a deep voice interrupted his ranting. They turned around and immediately met gazes with the familiar looking guy. Except for this one, he's not an animated character. He was about Daehyun's height, black messy hair and that long, black leather overcoat definitely makes him looked cool. Daehyun fanboyed internally.

 

"Comrade Leader Bang?" The black haired teen asked and received a nod from the other. "Glad you know me. Let's go to the command room. We'll have to skip the intro for a while because I'm sure all of you are curious of why you're here and how did you get here in the first place." The oldest explained and gestured them towards the large door in the hexagonal room.

 

"Oh my god, this is all a dream, right? Please tell me it's a dream. Someone slap me please." Himchan continued on with his ranting while the other four game fanatics were too engrossed with the surrounding.

 

"This is awesome." Daehyun muttured under his breath in awe as they walked down the hallway. The hallway was something new to all of them since in he game, they just click various icons on the map and bam, they're arrive. Daehyun preferred this one though. Walking down an all white hallway with codes on the wall.

 

The tall teen was about to touch it when he was immediately stopped by Comrade Leader Bang. "Don't touch anything on this wall. It might done something even more worse than what had already happened." The boy quickly retreated his hand and walked silently right next to the fluffy-guy.

 

"This is so cool." Daehyun manged to say. They finally reached the command room after a tree-minute walk from the training room. Comrade Leader Bang placed his palm onto the scanner and the door immediately opened. "You'll be able to do this too, later." He said to the teenagers behind him.

 

They were led to a room with three huge glass screens on the wall, and a long, glass table in the middle of the room. "Take a seat, gentlemen." Daehyun took the most front seat on Comrade Leader Bang's right. He scoffed when his rival took a seat right in front of him and he didn't miss that smirk on his face. After all of them settled down, Leader Bang did something to the table and suddenly a picture of a guy popped in front of everyone.

 

"…" Daehyun muttered under his breath as he witnessed the most high-tech thing right in front of his eyes.

 

"That is, as you know, our Commander Kim Taesong." Leader Bang said before a video slides in, a man was sitting in a glass cell with glowing matrices on it. "Commander Kim was caught trying to hack the game system to get himself to your world. We managed to catch him red handed but somehow, he already damaged some part of the system, ended up warping some of the players in." He stopped briefly before continuing. "It is some kind of a reversed effect." He closed the video tab and sighed when all he get were expressionless faces plus a bonus confused Himchan.

 

"So, what are we supposed to do now?" The boy in front of Daehyun asked. "We are currently fixing the system and it should be fine in three to four days but apparently, you won't be able to get out of this universe until all of you reached a certain level." Leader Bang explained.

 

"A certain level? Are you saying that we have to level ourselves up?" The muscular boy asked and Leader Bang nodded his head. "After a certain level, the system might not be able to contain all of you in it because mainly all of you are not computer programmes, so it will automatically teleport you back to where you all came from."

 

"Level up, as in.. do we have to fight opponents, do missions and stuff?" Daehyun asked and Leader Bang nodded firmly. "Wait, the hell?! What do you mean fight I don't do martial arts how do you expect me to fight?!" Himchan almost screamed out his punctuation -less anger. Leader Bang took a deep breath. "Maybe if you calm down and listen to what I'm about to say-" "I don't care whatever goddamn thing you're going to say!" Himchan stood up and stormed out of the room.

 

"Himchan, wait!" Daehyun called for his friend and was about to go after the other when Yongguk stopped him. "Don't. It's not like he knows this place well. He'll come in back for sure." Leader Bang said calmly but the tall boy suddenly felt alarmed. "What if he touches things that he's not supposed to touch? What if-"

 

He stopped when they all heard a faint knocking from behind the thick, metal door. "ing open this door, dammit!"

 

Daehyun almost facepalmed himself from embarrassment.

 

|*|

 

"It's okay, this is all a dream. Now, I can sleep and wake up normally in my room. This is nothing. Nothing."

 

Daehyun heard his friend mumbled repeatedly and shook his head. They were currently sitting in their room, more like a dorm with six beds, three facing three. Daehyun took the one in the on the left side of the room, the one nearest to the entrance. Opposite to his bed was the tall boy, next to his bed was Himchan ,who was laying flat on his back and stared the ceiling dumbly.

 

Daehyun took note that his rival chose to take the bed next to Himchan, probably because that is the furthest bed from him, and it doesn't face each other. The shorter muscular guy took the bed in front of Himchan and Daehyun was amazed on how that guy could smile all the time yet he looks so clueless.

 

The air was filled with heavy awkward silence.

 

"Umm." The whole room was now focused on the tall boy who rubbed the back of his head before smiling cheekily. "Shouldn't we like, get to know each other? You know…ice breaking?"

 

"That actually sounds like a good thing to do." Daehyun said and the boy's smile got even wider. Daehyun thinks he's cute despite his height. "I think I'll start first. My name is Choi Junhong, 15 and.I'm from Daegu. Nice to meet you!" The boy said. Daehyun noted that he was right about this boy's age and already liked him.

 

"Who's next?" Junhong asked before the muscle guy raised his hand. "Moon Jongup from Suwon. I'm 16 years old. Nice to meet you." Daehyun noticed something awkward with this guy from the start. A nice, pleasant kind of awkward. For the first time since they entered the game world, the corner of Himchan's lips twitch upwards from Jongup's awkward yet innocent smile. "You're cute, Moon Jongup. I like you." Himchan blurted out out of the blue which made everyone (except Jongup) to stare him weirdly. Jongup just smiled and thanked Himchan for the compliment.

 

"Not in that kind of way of course. By the way, I'm Kim Himchan, 17 and from Seoul. This guy over here…" He paused and slung his arm over Daehyun's shoulder. "His name is Jung Daehyun. You guys probably already know his name since I kept yelling his name just now." Daehyun scoffed lightly and took over his introduction.

 

"17, from Seoul." He said shortly before looking up and stared the only one left to do the intro. All four of them were staring the black haired who had started to look uncomfortable from the attention.

 

"Yoo Youngjae. 17 years old and I'm from Ulsan." The boy, Youngjae said, his eyes doesn't fixed on anything specific. Daehyun can tell he's nervous. 'Heh, feeling nervous all of a sudden?' Daehyun said mentally. Without him realising what he was doing, he was actually staring the other deeply until Youngjae cleared his throat and huffed. Daehyun quickly turned his face away awkwardly and Himchan didn't miss the faint blush on both of their cheeks. Youngjae because being stared and Daehyun probably because was caught staring.

 

They talked for another hour about anything, just something random to break the ice. Sure, there's a couple moments of awkward silences but they still managed to make it less awkward. Youngjae wasn't talking a lot compared to the other four but he'll sure give response to jokes, at the same time glaring darkly at Daehyun. Daehyun is starting to think that maybe this Youngjae guy is a bipolar or something. Jongup and Junhong are also the Survivor hardcore fans, just like Daehyun and they definitely know who are Dae_Break06 and fluffybunny94.

 

"I think we should call it a night. I'm sure Leader Bang will call us to the command room again tomorrow." The brunet said and stretched his limbs. "And Himchan, please don't freak out like you did just now." Daehyun said and Himchan just let out a groan and proceeded to lie down on his bed and covered his face using his arm.

 

"I am still hoping that when I wake up tomorrow, I'll be in my room."

 

Daehyun ignored his friend and proceeded to turn off the light and rests himself on his bed. Sure, the bed wasn't as comfortable as his back home but it will be worth the excitement. 

 

_____________________________________________________

The second chapter is up! XD