Three

The Survivor

The next day Daehyun woke up and saw that Youngjae's bed is already empty and neat. He turned to see that Jongup as well has woken up, but still drowsy while Himchan and Junhong are still fast asleep. He decided to let Himchan sleep for a while and grabbed his own pair of outfit to get himself changed.

 

He smiled to himself when he looked into the mirror, he's wearing a dark grey bottom with a black tee which slightly hugged his body (his body isn't that great but sure, he do have some muscles). He messed his hair and his smile grew even wider.

 

'Whoa.. I do look cool in this, with my username on my forehead…Wait a sec..'

 

Daehyun looked closer into the mirror and realized that his forehead was no longer showing his username, but it was changed to "CODE 01". He took one last glance of himself in the mirror before stepping out of the changing corner and let out a deep sigh when he saw Himchan was still sleeping peacefully. He knew if he'll let the other sleep a bit more, they'll definitely be late and he's not going to let that to happen, not when he wanted to get the leader's attention.

 

And definitely it won't be great if Youngjae caught the leader's attention first.

 

"Himchan, wake up. It's time to go." He shook his friend by the shoulder before the latter stirred in his sleep. "Huh? Is that you, umma?" Himchan asked groggily as he rubbed his eyes. "Wake up." Daehyun said shortly before slapping his friend's shoulder harshly. Himchan groaned and rolled onto his stomach and yelled into his pillow dramatically, waking Junhong up in the process.

 

"Just get up and change now or we'll be late." Daehyun said before walking out of his room, ignoring Himchan's whining and shut the door behind him. He enthusiastically placed both of his hands on his hips and smiled widely, having all of the thoughts of doing some training today. He playfully pretended to spar and punched the air in front of him. "I will get rid of anything in my way." He said and punched repeatedly before he heard someone clearing his throat behind him.

 

Daehyun paused his movement while slowly turning around and was greeted with a not really impressed Youngjae, crossing his arms with a blank expression. Daehyun quickly straightened his posture and cleared his throat awkwardly. "Good morning." He said and the other just rolled his eyes before walking past the brunet, not forgetting to bump against his shoulder. Daehyun hissed as he watched the black haired male walking down the corridor.

 

'Himchan, I'm leaving you behind. I can't let him be the first one to enter the command room and impress Leader Bang!'

 

Daehyun quickly caught up to his rival and walked behind him, looking around, as if he wasn't following the other boy. Daehyun eyed the other from head to toe from his backside; Youngjae's hair was black and silky, the end of his hair almost reaching his turtleneck collar and covered mostly of his ears. His shirt was black and long-sleeved, in contrast with Daehyun's black tee. He trailed his gaze lower and stopped at the other's (no ), and smirked. Don't get him wrong, he was totally looking at the same dark grey pants as what he was wearing. And definitely felt like kicking that cute in front of him.

 

Youngjae who was aware of the other's presence, stopped his tracks abruptly which made Daehyun to also halt his steps. "Stop it." Youngjae warned shortly yet darkly. "Stop what?" Daehyun knew what the other meant really well but decided to play dumb. "Following me." Youngjae said darkly and Daehyun just displayed his foolish grin. "Well, the truth is, I am not following you. It just happened that I am going towards the same direction as you." Youngjae scoffed and turned around.

 

Daehyun decided that pissing the other off was fun, so he just followed the other around. Youngjae had enough before he quickly turn on his heels and walked towards Daehyun, grabbing harshly the front of his black wifebeater in a tight grip. "I thought you were just fooling around but now I'm really convinced that you're stupid." The slightly shorter male hissed while the brunet just smirk mischievously.

 

"Well, we are heading towards the same destination, am I right? Don't worry, I definitely am not checking on your ." Daehyun retorted before he could see the faint blush on Youngjae's cheeks. "W-what?!" Youngjae stuttered before releasing his grip on the other's shirt and quickly continued his journey (with a red face). Daehyun decided to follow his (undeniably cute) rival although he had no idea where their little walk will lead to.

 

"You'll be late if you suddenly decided to have a tour of this building now." Daehyun said teasingly as he already got the idea that the other might have forgotten the way to the command room.

 

"Then go away! I told you to off from the start so don't blame me if you're late." Youngjae raised his voice. Daehyun did took notice of the 'workers' in the hallway but they don't seem to be bothered by them. Daehyun concluded that maybe because they were not given any character to actually have any emotions.

 

Daehyun was amused on how much further and further away they are from the command room but decided to keep quiet. Teasing the other is a lot better (and fun) than reaching the command room on time.

 

"Yoo Youngjae." Daehyun called for the other male but was ignored. "The command room is practically on the other side of the building." He stated with a playful smirk and the black haired spun around with a red face. "I-I know! I was just walking around! I told you to stop following me!" Youngjae raised his voice and Daehyun just crossed his arms in amusement. "As much as I want to leave you right now, I am just being nice. Come, I'll show you the way."

 

Daehyun offered with a victorious grin plastered on his face. "Like I said, leave me alone. I don't need your help."

 

"Fine then." The brunet smirked and walked away from the frenzied looking boy. Daehyun was walking back when he heard another footsteps trailing behind him and smiled to himself. "Decided not to continue your little exploring, Yoo-ssi?" He asked teasingly and heard the other scoffed. "I figured that later Leader Bang will give us the tour." Oh gosh, the ego, Daehyun thought.

 

"Fine then. Suit yourself." He commented and walked a couple of feet ahead of the black haired until they reached the command room. Daehyun was about to knock when the door suddenly slid opened. Youngjae walked from the iris Scanner with a smirk. "I was just planning to make their life difficult, Yoo-ssi." He lied. How stupid. Youngjae thought.

 

Both of them entered the room and saw the other three; Himchan, Jongup, Junhong and Leader Bang were already in the room and left the two with no other option that to sit next to each other. "Took you two long enough." Himchan said to his friend. "I think we can start now." Leader Bang said and chose to ignore the tension between Daehyun and Youngjae and how late they are. "I hope today I can do a couple of things with you all, starting with reviews of yesterday's impromptu training."

 

Leader Bang log onto something on the screen and then suddenly there were five split screens, showing each of them inside the room where they first came inside the game. "Let's start with Chamber 01 and 04; Jung Daehyun and Yoo Youngjae.

 

Leader Bang hit the play butron for both Daehyun and Youngjae's recording in their respective rooms and began to analyse it. "Exactly what I expected from the two top players. You two are the fastest to attack your enemy's weak point although both of you were quite frazzled at first. Good job." Leader Bang complimented their quick thinking and Daehyun could feel pride swelling inside him while Youngjae on the other hand, only bowed his head and smiled politely.

 

The oldest proceeded to review Jongup's and Junhong's recording. "You two didn't managed to defeat your enemy in time but I really should compliment you two for your dedication. You tried to hit your enemy anywhere you can reach. That kind of fighting spirit is really important." The oldest smiled at the two youngest who looked extremely happy from the compliment they received. "As for you…" Leader Bang paused and maximized the recording for Chamber 02; Himchan's.

 

In the recording, Himchan did nothing other than screaming and running all over the room, trying not to make any contact with his enemy. They could see Daehyun knocking outside the glass wall and Youngjae felt like laughing from the scene but held it in out of politeness. Himchan wasn't his enemy. Daehyun is.

 

Himchan's face was red from embarrassment and silently cursed under his breath. Leader Bang sighed before starting his reviews. "From what I see, you have no interest in finding the enemy's weak point. I know you have nothing about this game in your head but at least, try to help yourself."

 

Himchan didn't feel like retorting this time and just listened to what the oldest have to say. In the end, Himchan managed to get out of the room when the enemy vanished because the time had run out. "I guess I'm lucky to survive without any bruise?" Himchan raised his brows and the leader just shook his head. "I hope this will be the last time you'll ever did that." The leader said before starting again.

 

"I know this review is pointless because in the end all you need is to level up. But I want to help in every way I can, including assisting all of you to level up faster by doing tough missions. And tough missions required skills."

 

Daehyun screamed internally from the man's charismatic little speech. "And regarding the timing lapse between this world and your world is very insignificant so do not worry about going into coma. Your body might only be asleep in your world." Leader Bang said As you can see, I have changed your username into CODES 01 to 05, according to the training chamber you first came here." He explained.

 

'Ahhh.. now that explains it.' Daehyun thought to himself before Leader Bang stood up from his seat. "Let's not waste any more time and get to training now."

 

 

As soon as they reached the weapons locker, their eyes immediately went round at the amount of weapons there. There were all sorts of weapons, from swords to bows and guns. "As you can see, there's tons of weapons here and I let you choose whichever that you like."

 

Daehyun immediately went towards the rack of swords and admired the real life sword which he'd been eyeing in the game for the first time. He used to be a fencer during middle school so he knows a couple of good fencing moves. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Code 04; Youngjae immediately walked towards a rack of guns and admiring every inch of the firearms and rifles.

 

His trance was interrupted when he felt a soft jab from behind and smiled when he saw it was his friend, Himchan who was holding a bow with him. "Are you checking him out??" Daehyun immediately shook his head before giving Himchan a what-the--look. "Are you kidding me?" He huffed and cringed. "Well, you guys did came a bit too late just now. Something happened?" Himchan smirked and Daehyun decided to dismiss him by changing the topic.

 

"A bow? What are you? Katniss?" He asked and Himchan just shrugged his shoulder. "Ah well, I just thought of something that I can use to fight from afar. I don't want to risk myself going anywhere near to the enemy." Himchan explained before all of them were called by Leader Bang.

 

"I guess you have picked what you like so your training can start now. But first, please take only the imitation for the sake of training. You are forbid to use a real weapon during training sessions."

 

They grabbed all their imitation weapon and walked out of the room and followed Leader Bang towards the training room. "I'm sure all of you are aware about the challenge mode. Just to make you clear, the mode is available for you but I will not allow you to challenge other players unless you are minimum in level 4." The oldest explained s they passed the challenge room.

 

They quickly went into their training chamber and stood right at the middle before the glass door closes. Daehyun stood there straight as he stared the room across from his silently. "Yoo Youngjae. I'm going to beat you someday." As if Youngjae could hear him, the boy looked up from his feet and stared the brunet back with determined glare before the the lights went off. Leader Bang's voice then rang throughout the area.

 

"Your training session starts now."

 

_______________________________________________

 

3rd chapter is up!! xD