One

The Survivor

A slightly messy brown haired male teen rushed out of the class as soon as his teacher dismissed the class for that day. He quickly walked down the hallway before bumping into his best friend, Kim Himchan who was standing in front of his locker.

 

"Sorry!" He quickly apologized to his frowning friend before stuffing all of his text books inside his locker. "Please tell me you're rushing because of something else." The black haired male said as he leaned against the locker next to his friend's. "I wanted to but I'm sorry, I guess your prediction is true."

 

Himchan snorted before following his friend who had started speed walking. "Seriously Daehyun, you're in the state of what people call obsession. You really need to consider having a real social life, you know." Himchan said to his friend. "Come on, Himchan. I have you right? That is more that enough for me." Himchan slapped him in the shoulder (quite hardly). "It's true though! Plus, this is just an extra hobby." Daehyun tried to reason.

 

The thing is that he, Jung Daehyun is obsessed in the latest online MMORPG his classmate suggested him to play; The Survivor. Daehyun is well-known for his love and passion for online games but this time, it's beyond what Himchan expected. Sure, his friend had been addicted to several online games before but this time, Daehyun's love for this online game is just too extreme in Himchan's opinion.

 

He would definitely kill the one that suggested that game to his friend.

 

"Oh, and you haven't accepted my request for an extra life! I waited until I fell asleep yesterday." Daehyun continued as they walked towards the bus stop in front of their school. "Like seriously, Daehyun? I don't even play that game. I made the account just to accept all your requests for life, help and !" Himchan grumbled before glaring towards the tanned boy.

 

"I know. That's why I need you to log in for just a few seconds and accept all of the requests I've sent you. I need enough supplies so that I can beat that fluffybunny94." Daehyun ended, receiving a weird look from his friend.

 

"Uhh, fluffy-who are you talking about??" "I told you the other day right?! The kid from Ulsan, the one that always steals my number 1 rank??" Daehyun sounded so devastated. But then again, he always so passionate about his favorite game, Himchan thought. "Ahh that one. How did you know that it was a kid? Who know that fluffy-guy is an older, freakish version of you?" The pale boy asked and smirked in satisfaction when he saw his friend cringed. "Come ooonnn. No grown up human being would use such a dumb username."

 

Himchan just shook his hed and let out a deep sigh. "What was your ranking again?" The taller male asked. "Two," Daehyun replied and Himchan felt like hitting his friend's face. Daehyun who seemed to know what Himchan was thinking quickly shut him up. "I was on the top before he came and stole it." He stopped when he saw their bus is approaching. "Just remember to accept all my requests tonight."

 

 

Right after Daehyun had his dinner; which he almost choked himself from eating too fast, he immediately went up to his room and his laptop. Yes, he's been waiting this moment every single day, sitting in front of his laptop, playing The Survivor until midnight. His one and only mission; to be the top in ranking. Sure, two isn't that bad and should be considered as top but Daehyun wanted one. People call him greedy but he called it as a pride of a gamer.

 

Of course, it's a matter of different perspectives.

 

As soon as he logged in, he smiled happily when he saw notifications saying that Himchan had accepted all of his requests. He checked his current ranking, "Still two." He mumbled before started to train his avatar, by the username Dae_Break06 so that he could claim the top spot. When he was busy training his avatar, suddenly he saw a familiar username had just logged in a few seconds ago.

 

fluffybunny94.

 

He battled internally whether he should give the other a friendly piece of mind or just made him as his one-sided rival. After contemplating for a few moments, he finally decided to send fluffybunny94 a private chat. He thought of a very perfect way to tell the other that he was pissed off by the latter whom always have the first place.

 

Dae_Break06: hey

 

Daehyun waited for the reply while doing some easy missions to get enough money to buy a new weapon he's been having his eyes on; a beam samurai sword. His mission was interrupted when he heard a popping sound, indicating that the other had replied his chat.

 

fluffybunny94: hey (*^___^*)

 

'Ugh, don't make that face, it's annoying.' He thought to himself before replying the chat.

 

Dae_Break06: u know what?? stop being so good in this game and let me claim back my spot

 

Daehyun smiled at his own rudeness. Don't get him wrong, he's a polite young man and respects all his elders and dongsaengs, it's just that this guy really get on his nerves. Okay, maybe he is a sometimes.

 

fluffybunny94: excuse me? Are u challenging me?

Dae_Break06: no. Just saying that u pisses me because u always steal my champion title

fluffybunny94: oh I'm sorry if I made u feel stupid n hopeless. u should just admit that u're not as good as me

 

Daehyun felt his insides burned in anger from the comment. "Stupid? Who's he's calling stupid?!"

 

Dae_Break06: u shouldn't mock me, kid. I'll definitely beat u someday

fluffybunny94: go yourself

 

And with that, the poor guy logged out, probably Daehyun had ruined his mood. The latter smiled and continued doing missions and upgrading his avatar so that one day, he could send fluffybunny94 a challenge note. "You make me look weird. Rivalling someone with a lame username." Daehyun spoke to himself.

 

And since then, they had become official rivals. fluffybunny94 would always purposely complete a super tough mission with a super, unbeatable high score and then challenged Daehyun's avatar for a one-on-one duel. Daehyun rejected them every time and when the other sent him a short chat saying "loser," to him, he just simply replied, "I will send u a challenge 1 day when the right time comes, kid. u don't have to spam me with all ur challenge notifications"

 

fluffybunny94 logged out

 

Daehyun grinned victoriously.

 

 

"Himchan!" Daehyun yelled as soon as he saw Himchan who was sitting in his desk, finishing his homework in a rush. Himchan is in a different class this year because his results kind of dropped last year. Himchan immediately groaned and face planted himself onto his desk. "Please tell me something different today." Daehyun happily walked into the class and patted Himchan's back. "Actually I am. I finally claimed back my spot yesterday."

 

"About time! Losing to someone with a fluffy username is not cool, man." Himchan said lazily when he still feel proudness radiating from his friend while checking his hair from his reflection on his friend's Samsung Gear. "I know, just tell me that I'm awesome. I'm dying to hear someone telling me that." Himchan glared up towards him and then just shooed him out of the classroom. Daehyun scoffed before walking to his own classroom.

 

Classes ended rather fast, much to Daehyun's liking. It is still half an hour early before normal school hour ends but his history teacher, Shin seonsaengnim needed to leave early because his wife is going to deliver her baby. Daehyun didn't know what to do until he decided to go into the computer lab and check his current ranking.

 

He entered and took the seat at the back of the lab and logged into his account.

 

"Let's see.. how my Dae_Break06 is doing.."

 

And trust me, it's not what he anticipated.

 

fluffybunny94 had claimed back the top spot. "I'm going to kill that kid for real," he hissed before he saw a chat from the other.

 

fluffybunny94: Oh, I'm sorry but it just happened like that. It's not like I'm doing it on purpose *inserts tons of sarcasm*

 

Daehyun immediately logged out and stormed out of his school.

 

"I need cheesecake."

 

 

Daehyun made sure all foods and snacks are on his bed; he needed all the energy to claim back his spot (which only lasted less than 24 hours). Again, he forced his poor friend to be online the same time as him so that the latter can approve all of his requests as soon as he sends them, which was what he is doing now.

 

Dae_Break06: I sent u a request 4 oinment. Approve it NOW

kinghimchan: OMG JUNG DAEHYUN CAN U LEARN TO BE PATIENT FOR A BIT U SENT ME TONS OF REQUESTS AND DO YOU PLAN TO MAKE ME A REQUESTS APPROVING MACHINE

Dae_Break06: i knoe. I'm just too passionate abt this

kinghimchan: I DONT MIND IF U R OBSESSED WITH THIS GAME BUT WHY ME I HAVE A LIFE

Dae_Break06: whats with the capital letters? broke ur keyboard kr smthg? N there's always fullstop, exclamation mark, question mark n comma

kinghimchan: THIS IS WAT U CALL SARCASM SARCASM 

 

Daehyun scoffed and ignored his friend before continued to train his avatar in the training area. Suddenly he remembered that he hadn't replied to that fluffy guy's mocking and quickly clicked on the chat bar and smiled when he saw that fluffybunny94 was on the line.

 

Dae_Break06: u beat me quite fast. Don't u go to school?

 

He waited for the other and when he saw that the other was typing, he smiled. He really enjoyed talking (well, not exactly) to this guy. Though they haven't tried talking nicely to each other.

 

fluffybunny94: I'm juz 2 good. Deal with it

Dae_Break06: srsly, don't u have school to attend? or u're a full time gamer

fluffybunny94: ok 1st of all, how will you know whether I'm still a school kid

Dae_Break06: aish any1 would assume just from seeing ur super lame username

 

The guy didn't reply as fast as he always did which made Daehyun to wait patiently for it. 8.30 p.m. He didn't know exactly why he have to like, literally wait for the other to reply, he can just resume his game or something. But he waited.

 

fluffybunny94: I'm homeschooled. N can u please stop provoking me

Dae_Break06: wow homeschool r 4 brats. N no i wont

fluffybunny94: says the 1 tht started being rude the 1st time talking to me

fluffybunny94: u're rude AND annoying. I cant imagine how your gf handles u. If u have 1 that is

Dae_Break06: whatevs. At least im positive tht my face ks better than urs.

fluffybunny94: too confident and dumb. I pity u 

 

Daehyun grumbled as he took a piece of potato chip and shoved it into his mouth. For someone who didn't go out to meet people and was homeschooled, the guys sure knows how to piss people off. But sure, he wouldn't have to act like that if Daehyun didn't act like a from the start. Daehyun wanted to lightly punch his laptop screen when he felt his hand went trough the screen.

 

"Woah." He panicked and quickly retrieved his hand back. He quickly sent a chat to Himchan and asked whether the other could do the same. Sure, he knew he will definitely get a scolding but he asked his friend anyhow.

 

kinghimchan: srsly, now u're going insane??

Dae_Break06: no! Seriously Himchan it's true!

 

He tried again and put in his hand. What he didn't expect was his hand was stuck in the screen before he felt a strong force was forcing him into the screen, pulling him inside. He screamed as he fell into a bottomless white space and shut his eyes tightly, waiting for the impact of the fall that he was expecting. Instead, he felt he came to an abrupt stop before slowly opening his eyes and saw a hard ,white ground inches away from his face. 'I-I'm floating?' He thought and then fell lightly onto the ground.

 

He slowly sat up straight and cringed at the unfamiliarity of the room he's in; it was big and empty, and white. All of it are white exept for one particular glass wall. "Is this a dream?" Daehyun stood up and slowly made his way towards the glass wall and tried to peek through it but all he saw was darkness. He sighed before looking at his own reflection, he's still wearing his white T-shirt and his track bottom, bare feet and hair messy. He was in his bedroom just now and then, here he was standing, inside a foreign room.

 

Suddenly, Daehyun saw something started to form on his forehead through his reflection. He started panicking and rubbed his forehead harshly but instead, it only started to glow. "The hell?" He mumbled before he he inspected his forehead. Something was written on his forehead with a glowing greenish blue light.

 

Dae_Break06

100% 30:00:00

 

"Dae_Break06?? Isn't that my-" before he could finish, he could see the numbers on his forehead changed to "29:23:59" and lights from three other rooms about 50 metres away in front of his started to lit up; he could see one person in each room, all of them looked equally confused as him.

 

"TRAINING SESSION STARTS IN 10 SECONDS."

 

Daehyun turned around to find the source of the loud voice but couldn't find any speakers. "5, 4, 3, 2.. SIMULATION ENEMY RELEASED."

 

________________________________________________

Hello there! 

OMG it's been a while since I've written anything..well, this story isn't new but.. anyway, I was going through my incomplete stories and I'm  planning on finishing them (if possible). 

I'm editing the plot of this story so yeah.. The first three chapters might be fast updates but after that... I don't really know cuz I at fast updates TT^TT