Treasure (Part 2)

Only if you could...

 

Flashback

Hongki was tossing and turning in his sleep. Heelchul sighed knowing he couldn’t do much other than putting on a wet towel on his forehead and changing the towel whenever it became warm. It was around 2am and Hongki hadn’t regained consciousness yet. He had a high fever and Heechul had already contacted the FT Island members and told them about Hongki’s condition. Heechul wondered what had caused his dongseng to suffer so much. Hongki was a cheerful boy..maybe sometimes arrogant. Heechul smiled to himself. That was why he loved Hongki so much. He was just like himself. There was also another reason why he had noticed Hongki in the first place and became friends with him.

“Chullie hyung…?”

Hongki’s voice was hoarse as he called out to his beloved hyung.

“Hongki-ah! Gwenchanah? How are you feeling?”

Heechul looked at his dongseng with his concerned eyes. This was what only people who are close to Heelchul can see….his motherly side hidden behind his diva personality. Hongki smiled and shook his head.

“I’m okay. Just a little bit dizzy.”

Heelchul smiled a little bit but then he asked Hongki with a serious voice.

“Now, tell me, Hongki-ah. What exactly happened today?”

Hongki panicked a little and then he let out an awkward laugh.

“What are you saying Chullie hyung? I just had a bad day…”

“You know you can’t lie to me, right? Why risk trying, Hongki-ah?”

Hongki stopped laughing and looked at Heelchul. He shifted uncomfortably and he knew he couldn’t avoid this time now since Heechul was being dead serious. He swallowed his saliva and looked neverously at Heelchul.

“Chullie hyung…would you be disgusted with me if I tell you? Would you hate me after you know?”

Heechul rolled his eyes.

“You know I won’t Hongki-ah..now just tell me..”

Hongki sighed and his voice trembled as he told Heelchul his biggest secret.

“I…I think I might be gay…”

Hongki felt his eyes tearing up. Now, Chullie hyung would definitely hate me. I am a disgusting person. Hongki didn’t dare to look up at Heelchul but suddenly, he heard a chuckle followed by laughter from Heechul

“Chullie hyung?! Why are you laughing?”

Hongki asked with a shocked face while Heelchul tried to suppress his laughter.

“Oh god..Yah! Lee Hongki! What were you thinking? You think I will hate you for this stupid reason?”

Hongki blinked his eyes not believing what Heelchul had just said.

“So..you don’t hate me, Chullie hyung?”

“Pabo…why should I? I’m gay too you know.”

Hongki widened his eyes.

“WHAT!!? What do you mean? How do you know?!!”

Heechul chuckled and answered Hongki’s question causally as if being gay was the most ordinary thing that happened in the world.

“I just know ok? Plus, FYI, me and Kangin are now in relationship. And I will tell you a secret.”

Hongki was shocked and couldn’t reply to Heechul. Heechul continued.

“Why do you think I noticed you in the first place, Hongki-ah? The first reason is because you are like me in many ways. And second, the most important reason is because you really look a lot like Kangin.”

“WHAT!!!!!?????”

Heechul grinned.

“Yup. So, to sum up, you have my personality and you look a lot like Kangin so you practically feel like our son.”

Hongki was speechless as Heechul kept talking whatever he wanted.

So…hyung wouldn’t hate me…

“Now..let me guess why you are like this. Because of Jonghun may I say…”

“What…how do you know?!!”

Heechul smiled his signature smile.

“I’m correct then. You were his name the whole time you were unconscious Hongki-ah.”

Hongki blushed a deep red. Just then he remembered the incident and his face saddened. Heechul noticed the sudden change in his dongseng and asked with concern.

“So…what happened?”

“I…He…he kissed Jungri noona in the waiting room…”

Hongki felt his chest tightened and tears welled up in his eyes. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn’t noticed Heechul had now sat beside him. Heechul held Hongki’s hand gently.

“You haven’t told him, have you? That’s why he doesn’t know your feelings Hongki-ah. You should tell him. May be he feels the same with you.”

“I can’t. We’ve been friends for such a long time now. I know he’s as straight as a stick. I couldn’t risk confessing since I know our friendship would be in danger. Hyung…just leave me alone…I know I can go through this. I’m sorry to bother you. I don’t have any intension to let you know this thing in the first place hyung.”

Heechul sighed knowing he couldn’t do anything this time. He should trust Hongki that he could handle this thing alone. He suddenly hugged Hongki making the younger surprised.

“I trust you Hongki. You can deal with this alone. Just…just don’t forget that you have someone to talk to whenever you want, ok? Hyung will listen to you. Come to me if you face difficulties.”

The tears that had welled up earlier in Hongki’s eyes were now falling endlessly.

“Thank you…thank you so much hyung..I won’t forget.”

“You are a treasure Hongki. Don’t forget that you are precious yourself. You have me, and the Chocoballs, you know, right?”

Hongki nodded. He was truly thankful that Heechul was here for him. Heechul let go of Hongki and they just looked at each other silently. Finally, a smile crept up on both of their lips and they laughed whole-heartedly. Finally, after about 10 minutes of laughing, they stopped and wiped the tears of happiness in their eyes. Heechul ruffled Hongki’s hair and finally said.

“It’s time for you to go. I’ll give you a ride. You ready?”

Hongki nodded eagerly. He felt more than okay now. He had more energy than he could ever have to face the situation now.  Heechul helped Hongki out of bed and then they went out of the room.

Flashback ends

No one POV

“And that’s what happened.”

Heechul took a deep breath after telling everyone what happened. 

“What happened after that?”

Junhyung asked with curiosity and everyone looked at Hongki.

“Nothing happened. Jonghun got himself a girlfriend and Simon D hyung found out by eavesdropping me and Heechul hyung talking.”

“So you’re not telling him?”

Jang Gunsuk raised an eyebrow. Hongki shook his head.

“I’m not planning on telling him. It’s already hard for me. I don’t want to make things any harder.”

Silence filled the room and Sangchu was the one to finally break it.

“Well, Hongki..don’t think about that anymore. Now, you have to get better right? May be miracles can happen.”

He said with a huge smile and everyone laughed.

“What are you?! A kid? You’re so childish.”

“Yah! Lee Hongki! Don’t be disrespectful to your elders!!”

Sangchu hit Hongki on his shoulder lightly and Hongki pretended to cry and pouted.

“Hyung! I’m a patient now. You can’t bully a patient.”

“Yah! Lee Hongki! Don’t do ageyo on me!! You know I hate that!”

Hongki grinned and said cutely.

“I know you love me hyung!”

Everyone was laughing and the atmosphere became really comfortable despite being a hospital room.  Just then Hongki’s phone rang. Hongki looked at the caller ID and saw it was Jonghun. He hesitated a little but picked it up nevertheless. The laughter died down as everyone’s attention was on Hongki.

“Hello..”

“Hello, Hongki. Are you feeling any better?”

“I’m fine now, Jonghun. Do you have anything to say?”

“Well, I….I’m going home for a sec and I’ll be back with the guys in the morning. Do you have anything you want to eat or can I buy anything for you?”

Hongki smiled a little but just then he heard a voice behind Jonghun.

“Chagi-ah! What are you doing? We’ll miss the bus! It’s the last bus so we can’t miss it!”

“Ok, I’m coming. Just a sec. Hongki?”

Hongki was dazed but he came back to his sense when he heared Jonghun’s voice.

“Oh…it’s..it’s ok. I don’t want to eat anything right now. Just tell the guys that I’m fine.”

“Um..ok then. Good night…rest well, Hongki-ah.”

“Good night..”

Hongki hung up the phone and put it on the table beside the bed. He looked up and saw that everyone was looking at him.

“What?”

Hongki asked and everyone looked at him with you-know-what looks.

“Well, he was with his girlfriend and he said he’ll be back in the morning with the guys.”

“Oh..”

Everyone was silent for a moment and then Simon D broke the ice.

“Awwww…is our Hongki sad? Don’t be sad! Hyungs are here for you..”

“Ewww…..hyung, you sounds cheesy. I don’t know what your girlfriend likes about you.”

“Yah! Yong Jaesoon! Do you want to be dead? Come here! I’ll cut down your head and feed it to the fish in the Han river!”

“Hyung! Don’t call me with that name!!!”

Simon D and Junhyung began chasing each other causing a lot of laughter from the other boys. As a matter of fact, Hongki felt warm right now. No matter how hard life would be for him in the future, he believed that if he had these brothers he could overcome everything. For him, every single one of his brothers, no matter the FT Island members or the Chocoballs, were the treasures to him. And he had made a promise to himself that he will protect them as long as he had his last breath.

Hongki looked at everyone and a smile formed on his pale pink lips. He was so lucky to have his brothers. Also, he must do something to maintain his best friend relationship with Jonghun. No matter how much he had to suffer, Hongki didn’t want to be the one who destroy this relationship with Jonghun. Hongki still wanted their best friend moments to continue.

Hongki smirked with determination in his eyes. He was the almighty “Hongstar” afterall and he could do what he wanted to do. Hongki knew he will find a way to solve the problem.

Just watch Jonghun-ah. I won’t give up to my feelings. All I have to do is to make you mine without you even knowing. I won’t give up our friendship. I will make you confess to me Jonghun-ah…..

 

 

A/N I'm sorry......I have a huge writer's block....I know I'm being a bad author but I updated and you'll be surprised because this chapter took me a week to actually finish it!!! Anyways my Jongki virus never dies and I'll continue updating!! Sorry because I can't reply to your comments. I'll reply them in the next chapter!! Thank you and Chilli Prawn Sandwiches for new suscribers and commenters!!!! ^^

SUSCRIBE AND COMMENT PLEASE!!!

Thank you for everything!! You give me inspiration and I love you my dear readers!!

Khamsahamida!!!!^^