Treasure (Part 1)

Only if you could...

Jonghun POV

I sighed for the n+1th time as I waited for Hongki to wake up. The doctor said that he was suffering from both physical and mental stress. I felt really sorry to Hongki. Why couldn’t I figure it out sooner? Aren’t I his best friend? I looked at Hongki who was still unconscious. He seemed really tired and worn out. I wondered why since he had always been the cheerful one in FT Island. I once promised to protect him and be his friend forever but now I thought I broke my promise.

At the moment, I was inside Hongki’s room in the hospital. Everyone had gone home because I made them and I didn’t want them to get tired since they were my dongsengs. I was the leader and I had to take care of my members after all.

It was nearly two in the morning when suddenly the door burst open and revealed a very messy and annoyed Heechul hyung. I was really shocked because Heechul hyung was never like that. It was not his style. He came close to the bed and sat down next to me. He looked at the unconscious Hongki and whispered

“What happened?”

Then I told him everything about today. He looked really pained and I thought he knew something about Hongki that I didn’t know. I felt a pang of jealousy in my chest. I was his best friend but he had something hidden to me. My thoughts were cut off by Heechul hyungs voice.

“I came here as soon as I finished my schedule. I called him but his phone was answered by Minhwan. He told me and I rushed here.”

Jonghun nodded because he didn’t know what to say at this time. Heechul hyung was looking at Hongki with a pure saddened look. I knew these two had some kind of bonds between them. They had so many things alike. Heechul hyung was not this kind towards other people. Hongki was his exception. Sure they play around naughtily like kids and sure they made each other mad sometimes but they couldn’t stay mad at each other for too long just like him and Hongki.

No one POV

“Heechul hyung! Jonghun-ah! What happened!?”

Simon D who came half running here was silenced by Heechul’s flaming glare.

“Keep your voice low, Simon D. Hongki is still sleeping.”

“Sorry. But what happened?”

Simon D who was really funny yet charismatic himself was acting like an obedient kid in front of Heechul. Well, can’t blame him because they could always say that Heechul is the Umma of Chocoballs.

After Jonghun explained the situation again, Simon D sighted.

“I knew that Hongki was not in his right self these days. I just didn’t know it was this serious.”

Was I the only one who was oblivious?Everyone except me noticed the condition of Hongki. Jonghun thought and he felt really guilty for Hongki.

“Hee…heechul hyung?”

They all panicked when they heard Hongki’s weak voice calling out.

“Hongki-ah, are you ok?”

“How do you feel?”

“Shall I call the doctor?”

Hongki looked at the people in front of him who were burying him with questions. He laughed warmly.

“I’m okay..just a little bit tired. Thank you all for coming here.”

Jonghun was staring at Hongki when his phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Jungri. He was going to reject the call when Hongki’s voice stopped him.

“Answer the call Jonghun-ah. It’s okay. I don’t mind. And I don’t wanna block you and your girlfriend.”

Hongki said with a smirk. Jonghun laughed awkwardly and went outside to answer his call. As soon as Jonghun left, Hongki’s face fell. His smirk became a weak smile mixed with pain. Heechul sighed.

“Hongki-ah, how long are you going to hide this from him? The more you hide it inside your heart, the longer you will feel pain. You know this, don’t you?”

Heechul asked him with a soft voice and Hongki felt bad for his hyung. He knew that he was worrying about him.

“Yeah, Hongki. Why are you so afraid to tell him? Do you think he would really reject you? Trust me. He has a thing for you.”

Simon D said and Hongki looked up at him.

“And the fact is I don’t dare to risk it. I don’t dare to confess him. What if he rejects me and what if we can’t even be friends anymore? I’m afraid of even that tiny thought of him leaving me. It’s okay even though I can’t have him. As long as I can stay beside him and make him happy, I’m contented.”

“But can you really take it?”

Hongki looked at Heechul with uncertain eyes.

“What do you mean?”

“You will feel hurt every time you see him. Him having a girlfriend is not a best thing for you, you know? Also, since you are his best friend, he will be concerned if you look hurt. That’s why I’m asking can you really take that risk and hide the fact that you are deeply and madly in love with him?”

Hongki’s laugh was filled with bitterness.

“I’ll just have to pretend. Pretend that I’m ok. I’m ok with everything. OK of him having a girlfriend. OK of me being unable to confess to him. OK of pretending to OK at all times. Don’t worry hyung. I’m an actor and you know that. He protected me in the past. It’s my turn to pay him back now.”

“It’s not the same Hongki.”

However, Heechul knew he couldn’t stop Hongki. This kid is as stubborn as a rock when he is determined about something. He sighed again and this made Hongki felt guilty.

“OK, guys! What’s with this weird atmosphere?!”

They heard a loud noise from the door and then they saw a group of people standing there.

“Junhyung, Gunseuk, Sangchu! What are you all doing here? Don’t you have schedules?”

Simon D asked them with surprise. Junhyung laughed and sat on the edge of Hongki’s bed.

“We finished out schedules of course! And how can we not come? And Hongki, I can see you are ok now and we were not eavesdropping earlier but can you all tell me what the hack is happening without us knowing?”

“Yeah, you guys are so mean. You don’t even tell us this kind of important thing.”

Sangchu barged in and looked at Heechul and Simon D.

“Actually, Hongki didn’t tell me either. I just knew it by chance.”

Hongki sighed remembering that day. That day when Heechul found out he was in love with Jonghun. He was really glad that he found out because if he didn’t, then no one would be there for him when he really wanted to cry.

He listened to Heechul while he was talking about that time. He remembered it was raining on that day.

It was indeed raining really hard.

 

 

Hello, everyone!!!! I’m back!!! BACK!!! BACK!!!

I’m so happy because the exam is finally over!!!

And sorry for the short update because I’m in a rush because I don’t wanna make you guys wait for long (if you are waiting^^).

I’m trying to make this story appear interesting but I don’t know what had gotten into me these days. I decided to change a few parts of my original plot line. But I’ll try hard to make it good. This chapter doesn’t include much Jongki but I promise next chapter will be full of Jongki!!!!

And thanks for your comments and I LOVE YOU NEW SUBSCRIBERS!!!

SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT PLEASE!!! Your comments will be very much appreciated!

You give me inspiration to go on my dear readers!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Khamsahamida!!!

P.S: Can some on tell me why CN BLUE instead of FT Island got Best band performance in MAMA 2011!! I was really upset. The last time I checked, I saw FT island was the first but when I watched MAMA, I was really surprised and upset!!!! Thank you!! ^^

And I'm afraid if I forget.

wakaba

2motion

bohaemi

XIAOJAE28

prisca

SJLoverTillDeath

JustShine

jiyeon_sarang

phoebe16

diva_key13

Morgana

rawan-ki

kihyunkit

AGirl11 and

cassiedhita

I give you all CHILLY PRAWN SANDWICHES!!!! Thank you soo much for subscribing!!!