Mianhae..

Fall for an IDOL

(ChunJi pov)

It’s felt like yesterday that we became yesterday but it already a week has passed. The feeling of flustered and nervousness being around him are still there.

“Chanhee hyung~” ChangJo called me in a low voice. What’s the meaning behind it? I turned my attention toward him as all of us gather as usual at the canteen during recess.

“What?”

“Can I talk with you for a while?”

“Me? Just talk here.” he hesitated and looked at the others. They seem like really getting into their conversation.

“Somewhere else.. Please~”

“Alright..” he stood up and which I followed suit. But, before that, of course we need to inform the others first before they think that we disappeared suddenly. “Guys.. We’re going first.”

“Ne..” they said in unison.

I followed where ChangJo brought me and we’re heading toward the rooftop. There must be something serious he want to talk about if he’s bringing me here. We headed upstair until we arrived at the top.

“So? What do you want to talk about?” I asked while taking my seat beside him.

“I saw you yesterday.”

“Yesterday? Where?”

“Cinema.. With a guy?” he looked at me as seem like he’s waiting for the answer. But.. Yesterday?... Hmm.. Oh no! Did he mean by that he saw me with.. L.Joe? It’s right that I’m going out with L.Joe yesterday and yes.. it’s at the cinema also. He saw us?

“W-what? N-no..” I tried to deny it.

“I know it’s you..” I kept silence and keep debating with myself whether I need to tell him the truth or not. “You already in relationship?” he asked me. “Why don’t you tell us?” I left speechless every time he asked me. “Hyung!”

“M-mianhae, Jonghyun-ah.. I can’t tell you..” I stood up and rushed toward the stair as fast as I can but ChangJo us faster than me. He blocked my way by standing in front of me.

“Hyung! I won’t move before you tell me.”

“Ya! Why are you like this? It’s my personal life.” His action making me felt annoyed that he wanted to know about me.

“Because..” he paused and nervousness show from his eyes. “Because I like you, hyung..” my eyes widened immediately when I heard his word. Is he serious? “I’m serious, hyung.. I like you.”

“Y-you what?”

“I like you, Chanhee hyung.”

“YA!! It’s not funny..” I let out an awkward laugh but he just keep on his serious face. He mean it.. He’s really serious about it. “B-but.. I thought you like Niel.”

“Niel hyung?... No.. I’ve no feeling toward him.”

“B-but..-“

“Hyung… Can you answer me first?” I looked up at him. “Are you really already have someone?” he looked me straight into my eyes making me felt nervous at his stare.

“I’m sorry, Jonghyun-ah..” I said before I went passed him to escape from this situation. He’ll be fine, right? I’ve no feeling toward him. He’s just like a younger brother for me. Not more. He’ll be fine.. I hope so..

--

The school end and now I’m heading toward the back of the school. L.Joe probably waiting for me now. There’re not many people using the back way so it’s better for L.Joe. As usual, he already waited for me. I headed toward his car.

“Annyeong~” I greeted him as I felt happy that I meet him.

“Jagi, annyeong.” He said while pinched my cheeks. I blushed at his action as I held my cheeks after he let go of his hand. “Let’s go.” he started the car.

I saw ChangJo when we passed the bus stop. He looked gloomy? Is it because of me? He made me felt guilty that I rejected him. He’s kind and responsible person but.. If only I have feeling toward him, I won’t feel guilty like this.

“Chanhee-ah.. What are you thinking about?” L.Joe asked me.

“Huh?.. N-nothing.. Just.. About assignment. Don’t have to worry.”

“Alright..”

“Byunghun-ah.. Today will be the first episode of your drama, right?”

“Right… I almost forgot.. Make sure to watch it! I want to watch it with you but.. I’ve schedule tonight.”

“It’s fine.. We can see together another time.”

“Ne.. And I’ll make sure we’ll watch it together.” He held my hand while caressing the back of my hand with his thumb.

“Byunghun-ah..” I looked at him while he’s driving. “You won’t leave me, right?”

“Of course not.. Why are you asking that?”

“N-nothing.. I’m just scared.”

“Ya~ I won’t leave you. Don’t need to be scared. I’m here. I’ll protect you.” I felt ease at his word. He will protect me, right? He will… He love me.. But.. I’ve this weird feeling about this. I hope I’m wrong.

--

It’s already 9p.m.. I rushed toward the living room and switched on the television. It’s time for the L.Joe’s drama to air.

“What happened to you? You rarely watch drama at night.”

“L.Joe is on it. Of course I need to watch.”

“Aigo.. Such a good fan.” Omma said. She sat beside me, joined me together. Omma actually a drama lover. “Is he the main?”

“Hmm.. Maybe.. I don’t know..”

“I thought you’re his fan.”

“Omma~ Let’s watch it first.” I whined as I wanted to focus on watching it. Omma giggled but focused on the drama also.

A few minutes later, my phone rang which I immediately picked it up.

“Hyung.. Chanhee hyung..” It’s Niel voice.. But.. He don’t need to shout. “You watch it, right? L.Joe on the drama?”

“YA! Don’t need to shout.. And of course I’m watching it.”

“He’s handsome.”

“YA!!! He’s mine…”

“What?! You’re not even his boyfriend.” If only he know that he’s really my boyfriend. But.. I need to protect L.Joe also.

“I’m his fan! Don’t like him! Just take care of your Jonghyun..” oh no.. ChangJo.. I just remembered his confession this morning.

“Hyung!! But.. He look weird today.. He didn’t even talk to anyone.”

“W-why? S-something wrong?” I acted like I don’t know what happened but of course I know the reason. I’m feeling guilty now toward ChangJo and Niel. I know Niel really like ChangJo.. But.. Why am I exist between them? They should be together.

“I don’t know, hyung.. What did he talk with you? He really have problems?”

“M-maybe.. He asked for my advice.” I’m sorry, Niel.. I need to lie. You don’t need to know about this.

“Is it serious?”

“He asked me to keep it secret. Mianhae, Niel-ah..”

“It’s fine..” he sound disappointed but I know he’ll understand. “Alright.. gonna focus on the drama.. Bye, hyung.”

“Ne..” he hang up and I suddenly felt guilty at what I said. But.. It’s better for them. I’ll search for any ways to make them together.