Friend

Fall for an IDOL

(L.Joe pov)

Tired…. I’d practice for 5 hours already for my comeback with new album. This time, the dances are quite powerful and difficult for me. I need to practice at least 9-10 hours a day to get use with the dances.

“Byunghun..” my manager, Minho hyung, approached me. I’m currently taking a rest. “I think you can stop here for today. You have music show tomorrow.”

“Really, hyung? I can go back now?” I looked at him seriously. He nodded which eventually made me excited that I get to rest. “Thank you, hyung..” I packed my things and change my cloths before heading out.

“YA!!” Minho hyung yelled at me as I snatched his car key from his grip.

“Hyung.. Let me borrow your car for today.” I said while showing him, his key that I snatched. I headed outside regardless of Minho hyung kept calling me.

“BYUNGHUN!! BYUNGHUN!!” he chased me which eventually made me ran away quickly. I entered his car and locked it immediately before start the car.

Minho hyung got to the car but as I already locked the door, he just kept knocking on the window. “Mianhae, hyung..” I mouthed at him before I drove away. I just want to walk around the city for a while to relax my mind. I’ve been only to dorm, practice room, TOP media and don’t have my time alone at all unless at dorm.

Now I have time alone so where should I go? Hmm… I just drive but I don’t know where to go.. Oh.. I need to go to my favourite place. I always go here before I debut. The playground where I always go.

--

I miss this place. I like to go here because there’re not many people use this playground. And, before I debut, I always sing here when I’m alone and I like to compose songs but I didn’t put it in any of my albums. I like to compose song with my guitar and it’s my hobby.

I took a seat at the swing, flashed back the memory where I used to spend time here. If only I brought my guitar along with me here, I would probably have a new idea for new song.

Oh… and about my new album this time… It consists of 6 songs with the title song, ‘Missing’. I just had the showcase yesterday.

“Where are you going, pretty~~~” I heard ruckus somewhere near here. I looked around but no one there. But then, I heard someone yelling for help. I stood up and search around, following the source of the voice. I stopped at the deserted alley when I saw a guy was being held down by a few guys.

“YA!! STOP THAT!!” I marched toward them.

“Who are you? You want to be a hero here?” thankfully this alley is a bit dark so they can recognise me. If not, it’s the end of my career.

“Let him go..” I demanded them. That guy.. I can hear his sob even it’s only a little.

“Who are you to instruct us?” one of the guy approached me and about to punch me but I reflex quickly as I punched him first on his stomach. The others start to fight me but I able to knock all of them down. All of them ran away, giving up already.

That guy still sobbing, holding on his knees and hiding his face. I approached him and he startled when I touch his shoulder.

“You’re fine now.. They already gone.” I said to calm him down. But still.. He’s crying right now. “Where’s your house? I’ll send you back.”

“I-it’s fine.. T-thank you..” he said while getting up but I notice that he’s shaken a bit unstable. I held his wrist, stopping him from moving.

“I’ll drive you home. It’s dark and you still want to go home alone? After what happened just now?” I know we don’t know each other but at least I don’t want this guy to be in danger. He kept silent so I just bring him along with me toward where I park Minho hyung’s car. He followed without any complaint.

When we arrived at the car, I turned around to look at him. I haven’t seen his face yet and same with him.

“Y-you?” I said as soon I saw his face. I recognise him.. I saw him yesterday at the concert yesterday… I recall back to remember his name.. Lee… Lee.. “Lee Chanhee?”

He looked up and I guess he’s surprised to see me. “Uh.. L-L.Joe?” is it me that see wrong things as I saw him looking shy.

“You’re the one that on the concert yesterday right? My fan?” he shyly nodded. “We better get in the car first.” I opened the car door for him and he got in. I went to my seat after that. I start on the engine car and leave the place.

“T-thank you..” he muttered which I barely hear. I notice he’s gazing on his lap while playing with his finger. Is he nervous? Of course right.. He admitted that he’s my fan.

“Where’s your house?” he took out a mini paper and wrote something on it which then he gave me. I looked at it and it seemed like his address. “It looked far from here.. How can you’re here when your house is far?”

“I-I m-met my friend.”

“Oh.. Why don’t you text me? I thought I gave you my number.” Yesterday, I gave him my number before he got off the stage. I don’t know but my eyes caught on him when I’m looking around at my fan and notice him. I purposely ask the MC for the special gift for another fan which I’m the one that chose the fan because I want to choose him.

“I-i.. I don’t want to disturb you.. I.. I’m just a fan.”

“But I want to be your friend..”

“W-why? We never met before.”

“You don’t want? Fine..” I stopped talking and just focused on my driving.

“I want… I want to be your friend..” he said to break the silence between us. I smile in victory but it eventually made me happy.

“Then.. Call me Byunghun instead of L.Joe..”

“B-but.. I’m still your fan..”

“You’re my friend!” I insisted.

“N-ne.. B-byunghun..”

“Ne.. Chanhee.. My new friend..” even though I’m looking forward, but still I know that he smile beside me. “Next time.. Don’t walk alone.. You’ll be in danger like just now. I don’t want that.” I don’t know why but I already care about him. We just met twice and now I totally worry about him. Caring about him.

“A-alright..”

“If it happened again.. Call me..”

“N-ne..”

“Call or text me later… Before you go to bed.. I need to have your number also.”

“Ne..” he still look uncomfortable or maybe nervous around me. He didn’t even look up at me.