Chapter 2

Online Love

“Baekhyun?”

His heart stopped as he heard the extremely deep voice behind him. He froze up, his mind going 200 different places at once while his stomach filled with butterflies. Baekhyun closes his eyes and takes a deep breath before turning around to face the man.

“Chen?”

Chen broke out into a huge smile before responding,

“What are you doing here? I haven’t seen you in years! How are you bud?” Chen asked while patting Baekhyuns shoulder.

He and Chen were friends in middle school. Well, Chen would like to say they were friends. But baekhyun hated him, he annoyed baekhyun to all end. He constantly and made jokes about him. Baekhyun even thanked god that Chen moved schools later in the year. Chen wasn’t a bad person, in fact he was super nice, baekhyun just hated competition, and Chen was definitely his competitor. Baekhyun liked being the center of attention and with Chen there, he definitely wasn’t.

Baekhyun gulped, fighting back the disappointment.

“I’m great... How are you?” Baekhyun asked reluctantly.

“I’m amazing! I’m here to pick up my girlfriend. She’s a model you know, she just went to France for a bikini shoot.” Chen said while sending a wink in baekhyuns direction.

“What about you? What are you here for?”

Baekhyun’s eyes went wide. He didn’t want to tell Chen that he was waiting for his online lover who happened to not show up, the even thought of it making baekhyun want to puke.

“Oh I’m-uhm, waiting for my dad! His flight’s coming in like 1 hour. Might as well get here early right?” Baekhyun said nervously while rubbing the back of his neck.

“That’s good! Well I have to go, supposed to take my girl out to dinner. I’ll talk to you later yea?”

“Yea I’ll see you later Chen!” Baekhyun said while forcing a smile.

And with that, Chen left, leaving Baekhyun to wallow in self-pity.

In his back pocket, Baekhyun’s phone vibrated.

Chanyeol<3:

So, I’m confused with this airport! Where are you? I’m by the JaYeon restaurant…

Baekhyun’s frown immediately washed away and was replaced with a genuine smile, he quickly responded

To: Chanyeol<3

Why didn’t you wait by the gate dummy! I’m by the bagel hut. I’ll be there soon! <3

Baekhyun shoved his phone back into his pocket before practically skipping to JaYeon.

“Where is this dummy” Baekhyun mumbled to himself as he looked around the shop.

“A woman with a screaming baby, definitely not Chanyeol. A 50 year old male screaming at his wife, not Chanyeol.  A super tall and big eared male playing game on his phone, not chan-“Baekhyun stopped in the middle of his whisper.

He gulped down whatever spit could still be found in his completely arid mouth.  He closed his eyes and counted to 7 and a half, a trick his mother taught him to calm his nerves.  He sighed and told himself encouraging words inside his head. Baekhyun slowly gained the courage to walk towards Chanyeol.

“This is it. It’s happening” he thought to himself.

He wanted to turn back, to tell Chanyeol to leave so he could have more time to gain confidence. Why was he so nervous? Chanyeol knows everything about Baekhyun and baekhyun knows everything about Chanyeol. Chanyeol had already seen baekhyun when it was 2 a.m. and he was cranky from studying all day long. Chanyeol had already seen baekhyun in his worst and best states, and he still talked to him every day. Nothing is going to change right? Before baekhyun had knew it, his little penguin steps had led him right in front of Chanyeol, who happened to have earphones on and his head was down playing 2048.

“Uh-C-Chanyeol?” Baekhyun whispered out.

No response.

“Ch-hanyeol?” Baekhyun spoke a little louder.

No response.

Baekhyun huffed, getting frustrated with the lack of attention.

Baekhyun stomped his foot before leaning forward and tapping Chanyeol on the shoulder.

“Wha-“Chanyeol said before looking up and meeting Baekhyun’s eyes.

Baekhyun froze. He felt as if his heart was going to explode. How could it be Chanyeol was even more breathtaking in person?

They stood like that for a good minute, both just staring at each other, starstruck.

Baekhyun was the first to break eye contact and the first to speak.

“Chanyeol...I...Wow. Hi.” Baekhyun stuttered out nervously.

“Hi” Chanyeol barely squeaked out.

“Well, I’ll be the first to say it. You’re even hotter in person.” Baekhyun blurted out to ease the mood.

A huge blush grew on Chanyeol’s face before he nodded.

“Sam-e, to you...” Chanyeol answered timidly

Baekhyun smiled warmly at Chanyeol before grabbing his hand,

“I’m starving. Wanna get something to eat?” Baekhyun asked before leading Chanyeol to a small booth inside JaYeon.

Chanyeol nodded his head, the sudden skin ship making him blush.

Baekhyun was surprised; the nervousness he was feeling was gone. He felt comfortable already around Chanyeol.

As they sat down, Chanyeol quickly opened the menu and buried his nose in it, sealing baekhyun from looking at him.

Baekhyun laughed and grabbed the menu out of Chanyeol’s hands.

“Don’t worry, I already know what’s good here.” Baekhyun said while winking, hoping Chanyeol will get his innuendo.

Chanyeol coughed a bit while avoiding baekhyuns eyes, an obvious blush spreading across his whole face.

Baekhyun chuckled; he loved how a simple wink could send this boy’s face to a tomato.

“Hello! Welcome to JaYeon, can I get you something to drink?” the waitress asked after taking the pen and notebook out of her pocket.

“I would like a cola, and you?” Baekhyun asked motioning to Chanyeol.

“Cola too. Thank you” Chanyeol mumbled

“Are you gentlemen ready to order?” The lady asked while sending a timid smile in Baekhyun’s direction.

“Yes. We will both have the cold noodles. Thank you” Baekhyun said before handing the waitress the menu.

“Okay. That’ll be out soon”

Baekhyun redirected his attention back to Chanyeol, who seemed like he was looking at everything possible other than baekhyun.

Baekhyun was dumbfounded, Chanyeol was always so outgoing and witty and clever, that was one of the things baekhyun loved about him. But now, he is as timid as ever.

“So... Chanyeol. How was your flight?” Baekhyun asked, trying to start conversation.

“It was okay.” Chanyeol answered simply before turning his attention back to the soccer game playing on the screen.

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows, Chanyeol hated soccer. He had told baekhyun this about 40 times because his friend LuHan would constantly ask him to go play while they were skyping.

“Chanyeol…. Are you okay? You’re acting weird...” Baekhyun said, barely audible.

Chanyeol let out a deep sigh before directing his attention back to Baekhyun.

“To be honest. I-“Chanyeol said before he was cut off

“2 cola’s and some cold noodles. Enjoy!” The waitress said before dumping the food on the table and going to serve her other table.

Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol spread his long arm across the table to reach for the can of cola on the other side. However, Chanyeol’s eyes were somewhere else too, because the cola he was grabbing fell out of his hand and onto baekhyuns lap.

“OHHMYGOSH ARE YOU OKAY??IM SO SORRY!!EXCUSE ME CAN WE GET NAPKINS PLEASE.” Chanyeol shouted as he ran over to Baekhyun’s side of the booth and began to pat down the area where the cola spilt, which happened to be the area right next to Baekhyun’s crotch.

“You know, if you wanted to do something like this, you could’ve just asked and we could’ve gone straight back to my place.” Baekhyun said winking at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol looked up at him wide eyed before removing his hands quickly

“I-i-I N—no! That’s not uhm what I was doing” Chanyeol said with a look of pure fear played on his face.

“Chanyeol! I was just kidding!” Baekhyun said before bursting out laughing.

Chanyeol timidly sat back down in his seat, the embarrassment of the previous actions overwhelming him.

They finished their in silence. Baekhyun trying to make small talk, but Chanyeol completely going past him, or answering with “Yes” “No”.

Baekhyun sighed; maybe meeting Chanyeol was a mistake. It’s obvious Chanyeol isn’t as interested as baekhyun right?

Baekhyun and Chanyeol split the bill, before grabbing Chanyeol’s bag and heading to the car.

The car ride to Baekhyun’s apartment was the same as the restaurant, silent.

“Sorry if my apartment is a mess, I never have time to clean it since I have class a lot.” Baekhyun said before walking into his small apartment.

Chanyeol simply nodded his head and stood by the door, waiting for baekhyun to instruct him on where to go.

“You can put your bags in my room. You can sleep on my bed with me if you want.” Baekhyun said, trying to persuade Chanyeol to baekhyuns obvious proclivity.

Chanyeol’s eyes widened and he nodded before scurrying into baekhyuns bedroom to place his bags down.

Once out of sight, Baekhyun sighed.

“How can this work? He won’t even talk to me. He won’t even look at me...” Baekhyun mumbled to himself.

“Maybe.. I should…” Baekhyun thought before shaking his head yes and practically skipping towards his bedroom.

He walked into the small space and saw Chanyeol untying his shoe on his bed.

“Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said before grabbing Chanyeol’s face and bringing it towards his.

“I have to try something.” He mumbled out while locking eyes with Chanyeol.

“Wait Baekhyun-“

 

Thank you for all the positive comments! Here is chapter2! Should i do another chapter?(*_*)