Chapter 1

Online Love

HappyYeol24 has now logged on.

Baekhyuns eyes light up immediately as the notification popped on his screen. He excitedly clicked the chat room, before noticing that the person on the other side was already typing a message. He quickly closed the chat box, not wanting to seem too eager or that he was awaiting for the message. The chat box glowed blue signaling that he had received an incoming message. Baekhyun sighed and got up to make a cup of noodles, wanting it to seem like he wasn’t awaiting the message for hours (even if he was). He got the package from the pantry, after sighing and setting it down. He wasn’t even hungry, and the curiosity of what was behind the message had gotten to him. Baekhyun leaped back to his computer and opened the message he had been waiting for.

“HappyYeol24: I got my ticket. I’ll be arriving the 5th of December. Can’t wait to finally see you.”

Baekhyun nearly had to stop his heart from jumping from his chest. It was finally happening. He was finally meeting the man he had been in love with for years.

Their little online love affair started around 1 year ago. Baekhyun being extremely bored, was messing around on his laptop. He sat there for awhile before deciding why not go on some random chat site and mess with 30 year old erts? He entered in the site and chose on the video option, laughing at all the men willingly showing their on camera, trying to get some action. He went through about 30 flops before he landed on someone who wasn’t shirtless and to the camera, not to mention he had to be one of the hottest people he’s seen in his life. Baekhyun smiled awkwardly and waved at the camera, typing in a small “Hi” to the person on the other side. The other people waved back and type the same message. Baekhyun doesn’t know how, but suddenly they had been talking for 2 hours, he had learned his name was Chanyeol; he was from Busan and was about the same age as Baekhyun. Baekhyun had admired Chanyeol’s cheeky personality and his over flowing confidence.  Sadly, Baekhyun realized that it was almost 2 a.m. and he had class in the morning. He frowned and told Chanyeol that he had to hang up and that he had a really nice time talking to him. Chanyeol frowned also, before sadly waving bye to baekhyun and clicking the disconnect button. That night baekhyun tossed and turned all night, he couldn’t get his mind off of this stranger. They literally had just met , and baekhyuns heart was already thumping as he remembered what Chanyeol looked like, or his laugh when baekhyun made a stupid joke. Baekhyun quickly shook the thoughts away from his head, he would never see Chanyeol again it was just a onetime thing.

However, Baekhyun was wrong. 3 weeks later, after baekhyun had completely pushed Chanyeol to the back of his mind to focus on studies, he decided to log onto an online game where you could play the game while video chatting with your opponent. He clicked the start button, ready to face his opponent.  Baekhyun’s eyes went wide as he was faced with the same big smiled dork that made his mind reel for a week.

“Baekhyun?”

 

And now, it’s been a full year since they started talking and baekhyun had completely and utterly fallen in love.  His heart sped when he received a notification, or when his laptop would ring signaling a Skype call. He had spent the past years ditching half of his classes just to video chat with Chanyeol, skipped hanging out with his friends just to message Chanyeol for hours. He loved everything about Chanyeol, they way his eyes creased when he was laughing really hard, or the way his left eye was definitely bigger than his right, or how ing  huge his ears were.  He loved those damn ears, no matter how insecure Chanyeol was of them; he thought they were ing adorable.

One day, baekhyun decided to skip his classes for the day to Skype with Chanyeol. They were sitting quietly, staring at each other on the screen, when Chanyeol spoke up.

“What if I came to visit you for Christmas?”

Baekhyun was completely silent, eyes wide open.

“Well?” Chanyeol chuckled while staring at the star struck boy.

“I-um sorry I’m—shocked.” Baekhyun stuttered out.

“So that’s a no then?” Chanyeol asked while strutting out his bottom lip.

“N-No!” Baekhyun said eagerly.

Chanyeol’s eyes widened, a smirk playing across his face.

Baekhyun blushed and looked down before mumbling out

“I-I mean I would love to have you here.”

“Good. Because I already told my family and called out from work.” Chanyeol said while smiling wide.

Baekhyun’s mouth fell open.

“You sneaky mother er” Baekhyun laughed.

The Skype call ended almost 4 hours after that, as Baekhyun closed his laptop his mind was reeling. He was meeting the love of his life, in 4 weeks. He wasn’t ready, he needed time. He wanted to work out; he wanted to move from his ratty apartment. He wanted to make everything perfect for Chanyeol. His stomach felt like it was it knots, how was he going to do everything in only 4 weeks?

Baekhyun had set the date in about every calendar he owned when Chanyeol messaged him about the plane ticket. He was so excited he could hardly breathe. He was counting down the days, hours and minuets until it was finally time.

He had scrubbed down his tiny apartment until not a speck of dust was to be found, he went to the gym every morning and every night until he was sweating so hard he could fill a swimming pool, he even dyed his hair a lighter brown since Chanyeol had always said he would look adorable with it.

2 days. Only two days until Chanyeol would be arriving. Was Chanyeol as nervous and Baekhyun was? Either way, Baekhyuns stomach was filled with butterflies every time he thought of seeing Chanyeol.  He kept thinking of places he could take him, or things they could go see, or them cuddling by the fire place on Christmas. He already had Chanyeol’s present wrapped up and sat down under the tree waiting for him. Chanyeol had said no gifts, but Baekhyun couldn’t help it, he wanted to see the smile Chanyeol has when he’s truly happy.

Today is the day. Baekhyun is so nervous he feels as if he’s going to puke and fart at the same time. He had until 4:30 pm to pick up Chanyeol at the airport, and it was only 5:00 am and Baekhyun couldn’t sleep. He replayed in his mind all the way’s this could go wrong, and all the ways it could go right. Baekhyun imagined Chanyeol meeting him and being disgusted, not wanting to be in a relationship with someone as annoying as him. He also imagined Chanyeol meeting him and falling in love, and leaving Busan to come live with Baekhyun. That was Baekhyuns favorite.

He patiently waited for the time to come. He tried to keep himself occupied, by going to the coffee shop and getting his favorite chai tea latte while reading his favorite book. But his mind kept reeling back to Chanyeol and the clock.  He decided to go to the movies and kill some time by watching the new horror flick that was out. By the time he got to the theater it was already 1:00, only 3 hours.

Baekhyun did his best to pay attention to the guts spilling on the screen, but in the middle of the movie his phone vibrated in his back pocket.

From: Chanyeol<3

I’m so excited to see you. My stomachs been nervous all day haha. I’ll be arriving in about an hour and a half. I’ll be at gate C. I’ll see you soon baby<3.

Baekhyun smiled widely before typing his response.

To: Chanyeol<3

I thought I was the only one to get nervous! I can’t wait to see you, promise me you won’t leave after you see me? Have a safe flight<3

Baekhyun  sent the message and slipped the phone back in his pocket, trying to re direct his attention back to the last 30 minutes of this movie.  Not even a minute later however, Baekhyun’s phone buzzed in his back pocket again.

From: Chanyeol<3

I promise. You have to promise you won’t leave after you see my huge ears in person!;)

To Chanyeol<3;

Hm.. That might be a problem ;).

From Chanyeol:

What?!?:o

To Chanyeol<3:

I’m just kidding! Now go board your flight so I can finally see you.

From Chanyeol<3:

Alright, I love you.

Baekhyun smiled as his cheeks flamed red. Even a simple text from Chanyeol could get his heart racing. He quickly messaged back

To Chanyeol<3:

I love you too.

Baekhyun hadn’t even realized it but the movie was already over, and people were flooding out of the theater. He quickly left the theater and looked at the clock, 1 hour till Chanyeol got here. He decided it would be best if he to the airport now, not wanted to be late and make Chanyeol wait.

“Gate C….” Baekhyun whispered to himself as he continuously searched for this damn gate.

“Why are airports so damn confusing?” Baekhyun mumbled under his breath.

Baekhyun sighed, and looked at the map in his hand.

“Gate C is right next to the Bagel Hut, and the bagel hut is right….. There!” Baekhyun said excitedly as he skipped over to the little store.

He felt a huge sigh of relief as he saw the huge sign that said “GATE C” in front of him.

He only had about 10 minutes until Chanyeol’s flight would land, so he decided to just sit in one of the waiting chairs and play a quick game on his phone.

“Flight 234 is now landed.” Said the voice on the speaker.

Baekhyun’s stomach turned, flipped, flopped, basically everything in the book as he walked towards the gate. It was finally time. He is meeting Chanyeol. The reality is finally setting in and he is filled with excitement and fear.

The passengers of the flight slowly piled out of the plane, little kids with huge smiles and old people with tired eyes. He patiently stood by the gate, awaiting his lover.

His hope’s started to diminish as Chanyeol was nowhere in site. The doors of the plane had finally been closed, signaling that all the passengers had gotten off the flight. Baekhyun’s heart was crushed, how could he do this to him? His eyes filled with tears as he dropped his head so no one would see him.

Then, baekhyun felt a tap on his shoulder

“Baekhyun?”

 

 

Tell me what you guys think? I hope you all like it (^_^)