Hungry

Home (DISCONTINUED)

-3-cho-kyuhyun-32112031-900-633.jpg

“I actually came down here to talk to you.”

Gosh. Ryeowook can be so hot sometimes. He has no makeup, his hair is sticking up in all directions from having just woken up and he’s wearing those annoying but somehow looks good on him giraffe print pyjamas. No… Scrap that. Ryeowook is hot all the time. He looks way younger than his age and sometimes I wonder if he’s secretly taking potions or something because… I think somehow, someway he not only looks better and better each day but also younger!

“It’s like I’m the only one you keep banging into.” Ryeowook mutters shaking his head.

“It must be a sign, huh?” I smirk and raise my brows.

Ryeowook rolls his eyes. “What is it that you want to talk to me about?”

“Oh right!”

I pull Ryeowook by his wrists towards the table where my laptop is wide open. I take a seat and Ryeowook takes a seat next to me, his eyes already reading through what is on my laptop screen.

“No way!” Ryeowook looks at me with wide eyes. “How did you get this??”

“I did a little research last night when I came back from my schedules.” I explain to Ryeowook.

Ryeowook continues to read the news article, silently muttering random comments here and there. Last night, after recording, I was exhausted as hell and wanted to get home as fast as I could to get some sleep. But… I tossed and turned in bed, recalling what had just happened earlier before I went for my schedules. I saw Ryeowook crying. Right in front of my eyes, I witnessed Ryeowook’s walls breaking down and he was slowly falling for those children. And although he didn’t look too happy about it, he was starting to really care for them. And well… I have to admit. Those kids are adorable and I really was curious of them. So I did a little research on the internet.

As it turns out, Young and Hana had been kidnapped and missing for over a year and a half. Their parents had made a report but they came from a small and unfamiliar town and because they couldn’t find the kids, the police gave up on the search after a year. So these kids had not seen their parents for almost two years and… The thought of Young, only being six months old, kidnapped made my gut clench. And not to mention… Hana was only about three. She must have been so so afraid. The kids grew up without any love.

“Kyu! There’s an address here!” Ryeowook points at the screen, excitedly. “We can just bring the kids back!”

“Their parents must be worried sick! They’ve been missing for almost two years and we found them!”

Ryeowook squeals and suddenly hangs his arms around me, squeezing me into a hug. Well… Yeah. Of course I enjoy having his body pressed against mine. I hold him tight and rub his back and pretend to not notice that we’re hugging a little bit longer than we normally should. Ryeowook realizes this and clears his throat, releasing me shyly. His cheeks turns a light shade of pink before he looks back onto the screen.

“This will save me time from making a report to the police.” Ryeowook says. “Thank god.”

“But I still think you should make a report, Wook.”

“Why should I? Once we bring the kids back to their home, everything will be over.”

“Shouldn’t those bastard that hurt the kids get arrested for what they’ve done? It’s only fair you know after the damage they’ve done.”

Ryeowook rolls his eyes. “God, why do you have to bring that up? I really want to get this over and done with.”

I chuckle and playfully flick his nose. “Can’t wait to get out of this mess, can’t you?”

“Like duh. But….” Ryeowook reads the address on the screen out loud. “I think we should get the kids home first before we do anything. It’s just a few hours drive from here isn’t it?”

I narrow my eyes at Ryeowook. “What are you trying to say here, Wook?”

Ryeowook glanced up at the clock on the wall. “If I head out before two, I should be able to make it back in time for Sukira.”

“Yah! You’re going there today??”

“Of course! I can’t wait another day now that I know all of this.”

I grab onto Ryeowook’s wrists. “Wook, I know you can’t wait to get rid of those kids but you don’t know for sure if their parents still live there or if they’ve moved.”

“Plus, the address is from a dangerous place. I’ve heard of it and there’s a lot of criminal cases there. That’s probably one of the reasons the kids got kidnapped.”

“This isn’t about getting rid of the kids, Kyu.” Ryeowook sighs. “I can’t imagine how their parents must be feeling right now thinking that their children are out there somewhere not knowing if they’re even alive or dead. I’d call them if I could right now to tell them that their children are safe with us but there isn’t any number on the article.”

My eyes softens. Ryeowook always, always has good intentions behind his every move. My hold on Ryeowook’s wrists tighten and I smile, looking down at him, my eyes melting into his beautiful brown ones.

“Come on then, let’s get the kids and we’ll head down there together.”

“What?” Ryeowook tries to pull himself out of my grip. “No, Kyu, you’re all packed with schedules today.”

“Wook, I did all the voice recordings all in oneshot yesterday and they gave me an off day today.”

Ryeowook stops struggling in my grip and gasps look up at me. I really think it’s a sign. We idols especially those under SM rarely get any day for us to rest. But wow oh wow, boy I must be lucky to get this because damn… The thought of spending hours with Ryeowook alone without the members is just… Ah. I feel so blessed.

“How did you even get a day off at a busy time like this especially since it’s nearing your debut?” Ryeowook shakes his head. “You’re seriously so lucky, Cho.”

I grin and before I release my grip on his wrists, I pull him close, so close that if I just bend down a little, I can even kiss him. I chuckle at his confused face loving how cute and clueless Ryeowook can get sometimes.

“I think I’m seriously pretty lucky.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________

One thing for sure I can tell you is that, Ryeowook is pretty awkward around kids. He looks like he’s the type that loves to be around children but I guess that’s not the case. Ryeowook is hilariously awkward with the kids. I mean, he looks pretty normal when he has to take pictures with them but that’s because he doesn’t really have to talk or attend to them. Ryeowook seriously does not know a thing about being with children. And I find that adorable.

Before Sungmin and Henry brought the kids back, Ryeowook told me that he’d meet me at one in the afternoon with the kids. He rushed off to god knows where and left me completely alone in his own apartment. I went back to my apartment and when it came to one, went back up to “pick” Ryeowook and the kids up. The kids were in the living room playing with Heebum while Ryeowook sat cross-legged on the sofa. He didn’t really talk to them neither did he played along with them, he just sat aside and watched. And every time one of the kids fell or Heebum started acting differently, he would stand up worriedly and even threatened Heebum not to hurt the kids. As awkward as Ryeowook was with the kids, he was also very protective of them.

Ryeowook cared for the kids a lot. Apparently, he went to do some shopping earlier and bought car seats for the kids. He said that the ride would be uncomfortable and unsafe for the kids if they were not put in age-appropriate car seats. Aside from that, he bought some really thick jackets and although it’s not that cold outside, Ryeowook insisted that the kids both wore them.

“Are you… Are you guys… Kids… I mean… Are you kids’ hungry?” Ryeowook asks, turning his head to look back to both the kids strapped in their car seats in the backseat. “We can stop by a restaurant or something if you are.”

“Aniyo.” Hana replies, her voice really high and cute I cannot help but smile.

“Alright. Tell me if you’re hungry or if you need to the restroom alright, Hana?”

Hana must have nod because Ryeowook sighs and turns back around. When we stop at a red light, I glance at him and give him a smirk. He realizes it and frowns.

“What?” He asks, half-annoyed, half-curious. He always hates it when I smirk.

“Cute.”

Ryeowook suddenly looks back at the back seat and then to me. “Hana?”

I laugh. He’ll never get it, won’t he?

“You.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________

We stop at a restaurant on the way. The kids tells us that they are not hungry every time we ask them but it’s been almost two hours on the road and I’m sure the kids must be hungry. Maybe they’re just a little shy to voice it out. I know for a fact that I’m starving and even Ryeowook looks like he really wants something to eat. The good thing about this place is that it’s pretty far away from Seoul in the middle of the highway so there are not a lot of people around here and those around here are about as old as my grandmother. I doubt they know who we are or will take any pictures and spread them onto the internet. But just to be safe, Ryeowook and I find a table right at the end of the restaurant, away from everyone else. A waiter comes to our table and hands us a menu.

“Pizza sounds nice, doesn’t it?” I cheerfully ask the kids. “What do you think?”

Hana and Young tilt their heads, confused.

“Trust me, you’ll love it.” I say and then look through the menu. “Here, choose whatever you want to eat.”

“Anything is fine.” Hana mutters shyly.

The kids refuse to choose anything from the menu and Ryeowook saves the day by getting the children to decide between two types of pizzas. Ah… Maybe giving the children to choose something out of the whole menu must be a little too overwhelming for them especially since they don’t even know what pizza is. Ryeowook explains to the kids what the ingredients are and the kids finally points at one of the pizzas on the menu. Honestly, I think they just chose it since it looked the prettiest. The waiter takes our order and tells us that our food will be ready in a few minutes and walks away leaving us alone. Ryeowook taps the table awkwardly looking at the kids to me, eyeing me to start a conversation. That’s right… The kids are still unaware of where we are headed. Before I get to say anything, Ryeowook suddenly jumps up in his seat starling poor Young who is seating right next to him.

“That’s right! Young, you haven’t had your milk yet.” Ryeowook says as he starts to dig through his bag pack. “It’s a good thing I remembered to prepare some bottles for you before we left. But it’s a little cold. But I packed the formula too so if you’re not comfortable with that, I’ll try and find some warm water.”

Ryeowook shakes the milk bottle and uncaps it before handing it to Young and the kid beams. He takes the bottle from Ryeowook and starts onto it. Within half a minute, almost one quarter of the bottle is gone. Ryeowook smiles and pats his cheeks softly.

“You must have been hungry, baby.”

I don’t think Ryeowook realizes that he said that. He continues staring at Young while he drinks his milk. Ryeowook starts rubbing Young’s back and I watch in amusement. Ryeowook may be awkward with them but when it comes to taking care of them and making sure that they are well fed and safe, Ryeowook knew exactly what to do. He’d make a good father in the future. Or maybe more like… Mother?

Young must have been hungry because he finishes the bottle off even before the food arrives. He continues onto his bottle even when there is nothing inside it and Hana and I laugh at the kid. Ryeowook laughs too and tries to pull the bottle away from Young’s mouth but he continues holding onto it tightly.

“Yah this kid.” Ryeowook giggles as he continues trying to pull the bottle away.

Young finally gives up and releases the bottle and hands it back to Ryeowook, a smile spread across his milk-covered lips. Ryeowook giggles and takes out a few pieces of tissue papers from his bag and wipes Young’s lips.

“Was it delicious, Young?” Ryeowook asks in a cute way.

Young nods and points at the bottle. “I want milky agwain.”

“You must be really hungry, honey.” Ryeowook ruffles Young’s hair. “How about we eat some pizza first and then I’ll give you some more milk if you’re still hungry alright?”

Young pouts and Ryeowook laughs and leans down, kissing Young’s lips. I’m quite surprised to see this but at the same time, I don’t know what this sudden overwhelming feeling means. I don’t know why but I suddenly feel all warm and…. Tingly when I see Ryeowook kissing Young. It just feels special. It’s a foreign feeling but… I like it. Ryeowook eyes catches mine and he raises his eyebrows. He must have noticed how I had been looking at him.

“Cute.”

Ryeowook looks confused and then tilts his head. “Me?”

I laugh and wink playfully.

“Young.”

___________________________________________________________________________

New Ryeowook centered fic, Star, please drop by and support! Thank youuuuu!