Cute

Home (DISCONTINUED)

47737c9agw1e75izw5b59j20xc0m8q9s.jpg

“Mmmmhmmm what do you want?”

I groan. My hyung is nagging at me over the phone.  What does he want? Can’t he just leave me alone? God, this is really annoying. I can feel myself falling asleep with the phone lazily tugged between my ears and shoulders.

“KIM RYEOWOOK YOU BETTER GET YOUR HERE RIGHT NOW.”

I don’t just sit up straight, I stand up straight, run to the bathroom and shower. If you ask me what I’m most afraid of is, I’ll tell you that it’s Leeteuk screaming. And not the “I’m joking” type of scream, it’s the “I’m your leader” type of scream. No one knows this but the reason Super Junior can last to how long we are lasting right now is all actually because of Leeteuk. He really knows how to be a leader. He’s very strict when needed to be.

“Woah there, Wookie, where you in a rush to?”

I walk straight into something tall and hard and frown. Goddamit. It feels like walking into a lamppost. Why does Kyuhyun keep getting in my way? I frown at my tall best friend and he gives me a sheepish apologetic smile.

“Good morning to you too, Mr. Grumpy.” Kyuhyun ruffles my hair.

“Cho Kyuhyun, why are you always in the upper dorm?” I ask. “I swear I’m going to make a police report on you breaking into this dorm one of these days.”

“I was just dropping by to ask you if you wanted to go out for breakfast.” Kyuhyun raise his hands innocently. “Now that you’re up, let’s go.”

“Urgh, I can’t. I’ve got to go to the hospital.”

“Hospital? Is something wrong??”

“It’s a long story, Kyu. I’ve got to go before Leeteuk hyung calls me again.”

“Leeteuk hyung? Did something happened to him? Is he alright??”

“He’s alright, it’s just…” I shake my head. “We’ll talk later alright?”

“I’ll come with you then.”

“What?” I repeat. “You wanna come with? It’s really no big deal, Kyu. You should get some rest before going to voice recording later.”

Kyuhyun folds his arms and stares at me not wanting to back down. I sigh and then nod, there’s no point in telling him no anyway. I’m just worried that he might not get enough rest and would blame me for it. He’s so busy with his schedules and now he’s wasting his rare free time to accompany me to the hospital. We head out and Kyuhyun offers to drive and really, like I said, there’s no point arguing with someone like Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun always win. Always.

While he drove to the hospital, Kyuhyun demanded me to tell him what was going on and I explained to him everything. Kyuhyun sounds just as shocked as Leeteuk when I told him and when I was done, I wondered what would the other member’s reaction would be. I could already imagine Henry jumping with his eyes sparkling finding the whole situation “cool” while Siwon taking out his bible and reading something that would probably have to do with fate or whatever nonsense. Gosh. What a mess.

“Those kids must have suffered a lot.” Kyuhyun says. “To have a burnt blister on a kid for days…. That’s not normal.”

“I know right.” I sigh. “My mum would bring me straight to the hospital if something like that happened to me when I was a kid.”

Kyuhyun nods, agreeing. “It’s probably going to be a lot worse when you do a police report. They’re going to need you to go to the station all the time to question you all sorts of things.”

“Remind me again why I got myself into this mess?” I scowl. “Can’t I just hand the kids over to the police and everything will be back to normal?”

Kyuhyun shrugs. “I don’t know but I think they will put them in an orphanage or something.”

“Orphanage?”

“Yeah or maybe they’ll find a couple to adopt the kids. They usually do that in movies.”

“But… What if one of them gets adopted and another gets put into an orphanage?”

The image of Hana and Young getting separated, both of them crying and trying to reach out for each other while mean people carried them away stayed etched in my head the whole ride to the hospital. I can’t bear it. Even if I don’t like the kids, I can’t stand the thought of them having to grow up without each other. Just yesterday, they were so happy being in each other’s arm. What if they were to be separated?

When we arrived at the outside of the kids hospital room, Leeteuk is talking to the doctor. He spots me and calls me over. I motion for Kyuhyun to head into the room first and join Leeteuk and the doctor.

“Good morning, doctornim.” I greet. “How are the kids doing?”

The doctor greets me back and then says, “Their health improved tremendously from when they first entered but they seem to have no appetite and that’s not normal at all for growing children.”

“They refuse to eat.” Leeteuk informs me.

“Is there something wrong?” I ask. “Why are they not eating?”

“We think that it may have to do with what they have been through. Probably they’re scared or are still in shock.”

“Ahh.” I shift uncomfortably. “So…. What should we do?”

“The doctor was telling me about getting a child psychologist or a counsellor to help them.” Leeteuk tells me.

“Righhht.” I nod, not really understanding what the use was for. Clearly, if we are going to go to the police, surely the police will do something about this… Right?

“Alright then, if you agree, we will get you a psychologist who will help the children. They can be discharged from the hospital today but you will have to come back next week for their psychology therapy.”

“So then…. Are we going to continue with the police report?” I ask, confused. “Because if we are-”

“You can still do so, Ryeowook-shi. Usually, it takes about a month or even longer for the police and child protective services before everything gets settled and the kids get transferred to somewhere else. In the meantime, you still can send them for the therapy session. That is, if you want to do it. It will be good for the children but… It’s all up to you in the end.”

“Won’t the child protective services send the kids to counselling too?” I ask.

“Of course, they will.” The doctor nods.

I think for awhile and then decide oh, what the hell. Since I’m already in this mess, why not?

“I think the sooner the kids get help, the better it’ll be for them.” I say, nodding to myself.

Leeteuk nods. “I hope you can get the kids the best child psychologist, doctor-nim.”

_________________________________________________________________________

When Leeteuk and I are done discussing with the doctor, we head into the kids hospital room. Both the kids are awake and they’re watching a cartoon on the small television mounted on the wall in front of them. When they see Leeteuk and I entering, they don’t really say anything but I catch a small smile on Hana’s lips when her eyes meet Leeteuk’s. Donghae is seating on the bed next to Young and Young looks comfortable enough to rest his head against Donghae so I guess they all kind of bonded while I was gone yesterday. Kyuhyun is seating on the chair next to the bed, his eyes glued to the cartoon too. Great, now there’re three kids in this hospital room. As if two wasn’t annoying enough.

“Hey kids.” I wave. “How are you guys feeling?”

The older one gives me a small smile but doesn’t replies me and the younger one only stares at me like I’m the biggest idiot in the world. I don’t know what to say or do next and awkwardly move to the side and take a seat next to Kyuhyun. We are waiting for the doctor to do one final health check with the kids later on and after that, we are allowed to bring the kids home. Or maybe straight to the police station.

“What are you watching, Hana?” Leeteuk asks softly.

Hana turns and smiles at Leeteuk, her eyes sparkling. Oh, how I suddenly feel all warm seeing that smile.

“I don’t know.” Hana replies with a smile.

It’s actually a pretty common cartoon which I assume every child should know. It’s either Hana or Young have never watched television in their entire life or Spongebob is getting unpopular these days. But why do I have a feeling that it’s the first guess?

“It’s funny isn’t it, Young?” Donghae ask, running his hand through the little boy’s hair.

Young doesn’t reply and doesn’t even smile. His eyes never leaves the tv and it’s as if he never heard what Donghae said. I want to try talking to the kids too but decide against it, not knowing how to speak to them or what I should even say. Finally, a different doctor comes in and checks both the kid’s health and then giving us the okay sign. We can finally get out of this place, thank freaking god! I head out to settle the hospital bills and Kyuhyun follows me looking bored.

“Here are some cream for the children’s bruises.” The nurse tells me, handing me some cream. “This one is for the bruises on their arms and this one is for Young’s burnt blister. Apply this every night before he goes to bed.”

My face goes pale. “You… You mean… On… On his arms?”

“Yes. Just once every night is fine.” The nurse politely says. “Here are the hospital bills and the schedule for the kids therapy session.”

I look over the schedule and then frown. “A lot of the dates clashes with our schedules, is it compulsory for the kids to go to every session?”

“Yes, we advise to attend every session.”

“We’ll work something out.” Kyuhyun interrupts.

“Hmmm.” I nod and then look over the bills… Holy hell, there goes half my pay check worth three years of super shows!

“Is there anything else?”

“Nothing, that’s all there is.”

“Okay.” I take out my card to pay and then pause when I see some bottles on the counter behind the nurse. “Are those vitamins?”

“What?” The nurse turns and then nods. “Oh yes, they are.”

“Are there… Are there any for children?”

“We do have some for children. Do you want to get it?”

“Umm… Yeah. I’ll take two of those.” I say. “One strawberry flavoured and… Do you think they’ll like vanilla? Hmmm… Maybe not. I’ll just go with the chocolate one.”

The nurse gives me a few different types of vitamin sweets to choose from and I read the labels on them. The kids not having appetite bothers me a lot, believe me or not. I mean… Children are supposed to want to eat every single hour, don’t they? I choose the best bottle of vitamins for the kids and made sure that it had nice flavours and decide to go with that and pay for everything. Once I am done settling the bills, I turn and see Kyuhyun grinning at me weirdly.

I raise my brows. “What?”

Kyuhyun chuckles. “Cute.”

“That nurse?”

“No.” Kyuhyun shakes his head. “You.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

We bring the children back to our apartment once they are discharged and my faces goes pale when Leeteuk and Donghae tells me that they have schedule. No no no. Don’t leave me alone! We are supposed to go to the police right now!! Both my hyungs apologized and promised that they would come back as soon as possible. In the meantime, Donghae tried calling Eunhyuk or Sungmin or any one of the members to come down and help me. They can’t possibly leave the kids with Kyuhyun and I! I know nothing about children and Kyuhyun… Kyuhyun is awkward with anything that even breathes! Oh god. I’m doomed.

“I’ll be back in a few hours, Wook.” Leeteuk promises. “I called Heechul and he’ll be home in half an hour. That should be fine.”

“Heechul hyung?? Of all people?” I bang my head against the wall. “God.”

“You’re right…. I shouldn’t have called Heechul.”

Just at that moment, Heebum comes out meowing and looking at me with his round eyes. I know that look. That must have been in my room again! How in the world did he get in? I closed the door right before I left! He meows innocently and rubs his head against mine and I frown, not giving in to his aegyo.

“Kittwy!”

Young suddenly squeals and runs towards Heebum who takes off like mad since Young and Hana are strangers and cats are … Well scaredy-cats. Young loses his balance and suddenly falls down right in front of my legs with a loud ooof and I giggle because that is the cutest thing I’ve heard all day. I break into a silly grin and bend down to help him back on his foot.

“Are you okay?” I giggle.

Young looks at me and oh my god, he’s actually smiling at me!! That is so cute!! My heart is melting at his smile is so perfect and wide and how his eyes disappear into a line. He giggles too and I cannot help myself. I pull him into a hug and ruffle his hair. It feels so nice hugging a kid, not at all like how I expected it to be. I thought it would be scary as they look fragile and they’re so small. But… No. It actually feels comfortable. And…. Right. When I realize that I’m holding onto Young a little too long, I release him and give him a small smile. Someone suddenly clears his throat and when I look up, my hyungs are both giving me some weird kind of smile. Leeteuk looks at Donghae and suddenly says,

“I think he’ll do just fine without us.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

97 subs! Thank yoooooooou!!! <3<3