Dumb Brothers

Home (DISCONTINUED)

Embedded image permalink

“OH MY GOD!”

Oh . Oh no no no. My heartbeat is beating so fast right now, I feel like I can collapse on the spot. I didn’t hit them. I didn’t. I stretch forward and squint my eyes, trying hard to see in this heavy downpour. Oh ! They’re out there! Without thinking, I step out of the car, immediately getting drenched in the rain.

“Hey, are you okay?” I shout loudly against the loud rain.

I rush towards them and my god, both of them are bleeding! The older one is weakly holding onto her younger brother, both of them drenched terribly from head to toe. What in the world…. What kind of parent would let their children out in this kind of weather? And why are they bleeding? I know that I didn’t hit them, in fact I avoided them and almost hit a tree when I saw them! Without even thinking twice, I scoop both of them up at the same time and bring them back to the car.

____________________________________________________________________________________

“What is the emergency?? Oh my god, are you okay??”

Donghae runs towards me and grasps my arm, pressing onto my band aid. I flinch and push him away and he apologizes, looking at me with worried eyes. I was so distracted with what was happening previously that I didn’t realize I had accidently scraped my hands while trying to avoid the kids on the road.

I ended Sukira and hung out with a few members from VIXX until a little after midnight. The boys just had their comeback and I brought them out to have a meal and some drinks. I didn’t drink knowing that the boys were definitely going to drink carelessly since their managers were not with them to control them. In the end, all of them got drunk and it took me at an hour just to get them to my car. I brought them back to their apartment and it too me almost another hour to get them settled at home. By then it was already almost three in the morning and the rain started to pour. I drove home and on my way home, I almost had a heart attack when I saw a kid running across the road. I stepped onto the emergency brake and almost banged into a tree but thankfully avoided it too. I swear to god, I was shocked less. When I got out of my car to check on the kids, I notice there wasn’t just one, there were two! And holy hell, they were bleeding!! I brought them down to the hospital and while the doctors brought them in to check on them, I quickly called Donghae. I explained to Donghae everything and by the time I was done, he had his mouth hanging wide open.

“I tried asking them what they were doing out at a time like this and they wouldn’t even talk to me.” I say.

“Well of course they wouldn’t! Kids are not supposed to talk to strangers.”

“They’re not supposed to be running across roads at three in the morning too!” I shoot back.

Donghae is about to say something but the both of us are interrupted by a doctor clearing his throat. Donghae and I bow politely to the doctor and he leads us to his room, gesturing the both of us to take a seat across of him.

“Doctor-nim, are they alright?” I ask, worried.

“I’m afraid the both of them will have to be hospitalized for tonight, Ryeowook-shi.” The doctor says, opening a file and reading through it. “Both the kids are dehydrated and weak from lack of water and food.”

“Oh no.”

“The younger one, what is his name?”

“I…. I don’t know.” I then quickly explain. “I found them! I found them running across the street and they were bleeding so I quickly brought them here. I don’t know who they are.”

“Omo, that’s bad.” The doctor then looks at me seriously. “The younger one has a terrible burnt blister on his right arm. It hasn’t been treated and it looks like it’s been there for days and if you didn’t bring him in any sooner, he could get an infection.”

“I think that from the bruises and their condition, they must have ran away from home or something. The bruises on their legs looks like they were beaten and whipped. I think that these kids were abused.”

“Should I… Then should I…. Should I call the police?”

“You should but why don’t you wait for when the kids wake up tomorrow? You can try talking to them and asking them what happened.”

“Alright.” I nod. “Thank you, doctor-nim.”

________________________________________________________________________

“What did I get myself into!?”

Oh my god, oh my god. One minute I was happily drinking away with the VIXX boys and the next…. I’m responsible for two kids who may or may not have abusive parents! Oh. My. God. I don’t even like kids! Everyone knows how awkward I am with them. Yes, they’re cute and I don’t mind carrying or holding them but…. I still find them irritating and I’m awkward with them! Oh god!

“Shush! They’re asleep, Wookie.” Donghae scolds me.

I frown and wonder why on earth I decided to call Donghae of all people. He doesn’t know anything. I press the bridge of my nose and take a seat next to the hospital bed. Thankfully, the doctor made an arrangement and managed to put both the kids together in the same hospital room. Both of the little girl and boy are sleeping soundly with IV drips connected to their arms. Now that I got the chance to take a closer look at them, my heart aches. Both of them look so small and pale. The older sister look like she is maybe around four or five while the younger one looks so small, I’m not even sure if he can already talk. It makes me feel even more panicky just thinking about it.

“Look at this,” Donhae points at the bandage on the little boy’s hands. “Poor kid. Did you think his parents did this to him?”

“I don’t know, hyung.” I then stand up and begin to pace around the room. “What should we do? Should we call the police now?”

“You heard the doctor. It’s better if you wait for them to wake up first and see if they can tell you anything before that.”

“But… I… I just… I don’t know.”

“Let’s just wait, alright Wook?” Donghae then touch the little boy’s arms. “There must be a reason why they’re out in the streets where you found them. They could be running away from a kidnapper or something for all we know. You saved them, Ryeowook.”

“I…. I don’t know, hyung. I just think that this isn’t going to be good.”

Donghae shakes his head and returns his attention to the baby boy on the bed. He the little boy’s hair softly. Donghae loves children. He likes bringing Siwon’s niece out when he's not busy and he, like some of the other members are crazy about small kids. He’ll make a good dad one day, I’m sure of it. At least, with Donghae here, I don’t feel as awkward around the kids as before. But maybe also that’s because both of them are asleep. I feel myself growing more exhausted and release a yawn, stretching my arms.

“Shouldn’t we be getting home now?” I ask Donghae.

Donghae walks towards me and suddenly hits the back of my head.

“What the he- What did you hit me?!”

“You .” Donghae frowns. “You can’t just leave these kids here!”

I roll my eyes. “It’s the hospital, hyung. No worries, they’ll take good care of the kids!”

“You brought them here so you’re responsible for them, Wookie.”

“Hyunnnnnnnng.” I whine. “We can just come here early in the morning tomorrow. I want to go home and get some sleep. I’m really tired right now.”

“No way, Wookie. You and I both have no schedules tomorrow so I don’t see why we can’t sleep over here. What happens if they wake up before we arrive in the morning?”

“Duh, that’s what the doctors and nurses are for.”

Donghae gives me another slap to my head. I whine and flop back down onto the uncomfortable hospital chair. Geez this hyung. Why does he have to be all smart and thoughtful at times like this? All I want to do is go home, get a nice warm shower and get some sleep on my nice comfortable bed. Is that too much to ask for? Especially after everything that I have gone through today? Annoyed, I close my eyes and rest my head against the wall.

“Shouldn’t we tell Leeteuk hyung about this though?” Donghae asks.

One minute he’s thoughtful and smart Donghae and the next he is as dumb and clueless as a box of rocks.

“Tomorrow.” I wave my hands. “Everyone’s probably asleep right now.”

“It’s a miracle that you were the first person I called and it just so happens that you were not asleep.”

“I must be pretty special huh if I’m the first one you called.” Donghae chuckles. “Aww I knew you always loved me.”

“No I don’t,” I stick my tongue out.

“You’re just as dumb and clueless as I am and I didn’t want to embarrass myself in front of the other members.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Only a short intro but I hope you can comment and tell me what you think of it so far! Pleaaase and thank yoou!! <3