Disgusting

Home (DISCONTINUED)

47737c9ajw1e5cjvcv3i1j20xc0m8ai7.jpg

“Oh my god, no!!! You do it!”

Kyuhyun and I are both freaking out. Leeteuk called in earlier and reminded us to remember to apply Young’s blister cream onto his arm but the problem is… I’m scared and it looks painful. And Kyuhyun is being a diva. He doesn’t want to apply the cream too. I push the cream bottle towards him.

“Please do it!! I can’t do it, it looks painful!” I shake my head. “I don’t want to!!”

“Eww god, you do it! What if the baby starts to cry?” Kyuhyun pushes the cream back to me.

We push the cream bottle to and fro and the kids watch us silently. I feel bad for arguing in front of them but honestly, I didn’t think they would understand. They’re just kids after all. I doub they understand and get their feelings hurt or anything like that. After some time, I groan and give up. Obviously, Kyuhyun the diva, won’t back down. I take the cream bottle from him and give him a glare.

“I’ll just do it.” I narrow my eyes. “You owe me.”

Kyuhyun sticks his tongue out at me childishly and well… I do the same. It’s a usual thing we do and you might think we’d grow up when we have children around us but I guess… I guess some things never change. I look at the cream bottle and sigh, grabbing a cotton bud from my room. Young is seating on the couch and I kneel in front of him, worried that he might cry ad kick me when I apply the cream onto his blister.

“Young, I’m going to put some cream on your arm so that you can get better okay?” I inform the kid.

The kids looks at me hesitantly and I really think that I’m going to get kicked in the fact when I put the cream later on. Oh well. I’m already applying cream to some random kid might as well get kicked in the fact altogether right? I carefully remove the band aid from Young’s arm and he sniffles a little in pain.

“Just try to relax, Young.” Kyuhyun coos from behind.

Well.. At least he’s giving me moral support. When the band aid is fully removed, I scream out loud. I didn’t mean to but the blisters on the kid’s arm are so red and disgusting!! I mumble an apology to the startled kid and right before I’m about to uncap the cream bottle, his sister gets off from the couch and comes towards me.

“I can do it.” She whispers quietly but quickly. “I’ll do it.”

“Umm… Okay.” I’m about to pass the bottle over to her but I then realize that she’s just a kid. For god’s sake, what am I thinking? “No no, it’s fine. I’ll just do it.”

Hana suddenly holds onto my arms and looks straight into my eyes, her eyes begging. “Please don’t hurt my brother.”

The fear in her voice, the fear in her eyes…. What had both of them gone through? I can feel it, I can hear it. Her grip on me tightens as she utters each a word and my world just stops. I want to help these children. I really want to. I look up at Kyuhyun and I think the same things are going through his mind right now. He puts his hands on Hana’s shoulders and give her a light squeeze.

“We won’t. We promise.” Kyuhyun says, his deep sincere voice giving me chills.

When I spin around to turn my attention back to Young, I notice that he’s just staring. Both the kids don’t talk much and I wish they do so that I can understand what they are going through. It’s a lot harder when they’re so reserved. Young stares at us with his wide eyes and just like his sister, he looks afraid.

“Can I put this cream onto your arm, Young?” I ask in a light tone. “It’ll only hurt a little but I promise it will help your arms to heal.”

Young nods and I suddenly feel embarrassed of myself. He can understand what people say. Both the kids can. They’re not dumb. They must have understood Kyuhyun and mine’s conversation earlier about not wanting to apply the cream because it was disgusting. I feel so embarrassed of myself. I pull myself together and uncap the cream bottle. I hold his arms softly and begin to apply the cream with the cotton-bud.

“It feels cold doesn’t it?” I smile warmly at Young.

Young sniffles and nods. He looks like he’s about to cry but he doesn’t. He just holds his tears in. Kids his age would bawl their eyes out if they had to go through something like this while this precious kid just stays still. Hana rubs his shoulders in an attempt to calm him and my heart melts when Young looks up at his sister and give a shaky smile. Once I’m done applying the cream, I throw the cotton bud away and put a band aid on the blister. I’m about to go wash my hands when Young suddenly taps my shoulders. I turn around and he gives me a shaky smile, a tear escaping his eyes.

“Are you still in pain?” I ask, panicking.

He shakes his head.

“Then…. What’s wrong?”

Young smiles and says softly. “Twank you.”

“T… Thank you?” I tilt my head in confusion. “For what?”

Young points at his arms where the blisters are. “Disgwusting.”

I choke. I don’t know how to respond. I nod and then quickly stand up and head straight to my room. When I am hidden in my room, my tears escape and I break down. I don’t even know why. I just feel so overwhelmed all of a sudden.

“Ryeowook?”

A knock appears at the door and it’s obvious that it’s Kyuhyun. He calls for me again and pushes the door open. When he sees me crying on my bed, he doesn’t say anything and heads straight to me and pulls me into a hug. He doesn’t ask me why I am crying and he doesn’t even say anything. He pulls me close and allows me to cry on his chest, wetting his shirt.

_________________________________________________________________________________

“Awww they’re so adorable!!”

By midnight, all the members are home from their individual schedules and they’re all gathering on the upper dorm apartment just to meet the kids. Leeteuk informed them about what happened through our group chat and the members have been curious of the kids ever since. The kids seem frightened by the amount of people suddenly showing up and they’ve been hiding behind Donghae and Leeteuk ever since.

“HI there, pretty girl. What is your name?” Kangin asks her hair.

“H… Hana.” Hana replies.

“And how old are you?”

“F… Five.”

“What about your brother?”

“He’s…. He’s… Two years old.” Hana then says quietly but very proudly. “He turned two last week.”

“Oh? Young’s birthday is last week?” Donghae asks, looking down at Young.

Hana and Young looks at me with big round confused eyes.

“You don’t know what is birthday?”

Hana shakes her head. “N… No.”

“Birthdays is when you celebrate the day that you are born. You get presents and eat cakes and lots of nice food!” Henry explains excitedly.

“How did Young celebrated his birthday?” I ask, suddenly curious.

“The…Th.. The big… The big people … said that… Now that Young is two… two years old… He has to… to stop crying… when they be.. beat him.”

Silence. All of a sudden, the whole apartment goes silent. The atmosphere turns eerie and the members look down at the kids sympathetically. Kangin is the first to break the silence. He suddenly scoops Young up in his arms and kisses his cheeks. Young looks surprised for a moment but his arms cling onto Kangin’s neck tightly.

“We won’t let anybody hurt you anymore.” Kangin says, his eyes promising.

“You can count on us, kids.”

____________________________________________________________________________________

When the kids both start to yawn, I tell the members that we should put them to sleep. Donghae offers his bed to both the kids and says that he’ll just sleep on the couch. We agree to take turns and let the kids sleep on the bed not wanting them to sleep on the couch or the floor. The members say goodnight to the kids and I’m glad the kids are a little open now. I mean, they don’t talk much like other kids still do but at least they smile and say a few things. And I think I even heard Young and Hana giggling at a silly joke Eunhyuk made. The kids follow Donghae to his bedroom and I cannot help but follow after them too. Who knows, Donghae might need some help putting the kids to bed? Donghae tells the kids to take a seat on the bed first then starts digging through his drawers.

“What are you finding, hyung?”

“I can’t find anything for them small enough to wear.” Donghae complains. “They’re going to get cold at night if they don’t get changed into something warmer.”

Now that he mentioned it, I look over to the kids and find that they are in still in their torn clothes. Donghae is right. They’re going to get cold in the night. I run to my room and grab some of the smallest tshirt I can find. I mean, the shirt will still touch the floor and even sweep it when they walk but I think it’s still warm enough for the kids. Just to be safe, I grab an extra blanket and bring everything over to Donghae’s room.

“You can use these, hyung.” I say.

We help the kids get changed – okay mostly Donghae helped them. I’m still awkward about touching them. Once there are done, Donghae tells them to go and settle themselves on the bed and both the siblings tilt their heads, confused.

“We can sleep there?” Hana asks pointing at the bed.

“Yes, of course.” Donghae then asks. “Where do you normally sleep?”

“Box.” Young replies.

“You sleep on a box?” I repeat.

Hana and Young nods. I feel myself tearing up again but this time, I hold it in wondering why on earth I am suddenly so emotional. What… Am I turning into a woman now and having PMS or something? Donghae smiles sadly and urges the kids to go onto the bed. The kids climbs onto the bed and Young almost falls but Donghae catches him and helps him up. Both the kids look down onto the bed in awe touching the fabric and the pillow.

“It breaks your heart doesn’t it?” Donghae whispers to me then turns to the kid. “Hey kids, you know what you should do when you’re on a bed?”

“You should JUMP!!!”

Donghae jumps onto the bed and starts jumping up and down making the kids wobble. Donghae helps Hana and Young to stand on his bed and encourages them to follow him and jump. Both of the kids start to do it awkwardly looking confused. But soon, they’re smiling widely and both the kids start to giggle in happiness. It’s beautiful. I want to take a picture of this moment, of the kids having fun, jumping on beds for the first time. I take out my phone and snap a picture of the three of them.

The kids look perfect when they smile and laugh more.

_______________________________________________________________________

“YOUNG!!!”

I hear a piercing loud scream and when I open my eyes, I see a man holding onto the precious baby boy harshly. Young is struggling and crying out loud and I can hear Hana screaming out his name over and over again but she is nowhere to be found. I shout Young’s name out loud too and shout at the man to stop but my voice fails me and nothing comes out from my mouth. The man roughly shoves Young onto the ground and uses his feet and kicks the kid hard in the stomach. I scream again and again but no one can hear me. I try to stop the man but my fists goes right through him. The man suddenly pulls up a knife from his pocket and he’s aiming right at Young. No!

“YOUNG!!!!!!!!!!”

My eyes flies wide open and I realize that I’m sweating and panting badly. I look up to the clock on the wall and it’s already ten in the morning. But holy … My dream… Within seconds, I jump out of my bed and run out of my room towards Donghae’s room wanting to check on the kids. I am so worried. When I enter the room, Donghae is sleeping on the couch in his room and when I turn towards the bed, I gasp. The kids are not there!! I get into panic mode and run out of Donghae’s room, shouting for both the kids name.

“YOUNG!! HANA!!” I scream.

Oh my god. Where are they? Could they have ran away on their own? Or could someone have broke into the apartment and kidnapped them? I feel my heartbeat beating so fast and I’m so worried for the kids. I run into everyone’s room only to find the members still asleep. I head out to the living room and knock into someone.

“Kyuhyun!!!!”

Kyuhyun takes one look at me and his smile vanishes. He touches my arms worriedly and asks, “Wookie, what’s wrong?”

“They’re gone, they’re gone!! They kids are gone!!” I shout, panicking. I then take his hand. “Come on, we’ve got to find them!”

“Hold on…” Kyuhyun pulls me back. “The kids are gone??”

“Yes!! They’re not in Donghae’s room and I can’t find them anywhere! God… I… If something happened to them. I….”

I break down all of a sudden and for the second time, Kyuhyun pulls me into his chest and lets me cry onto his chest. The kids are gone and it’s all because of me. I should have taken care of them during the night. I should have…. I quickly pull away from Kyuhyun and grab his hands.

“Come on, let’s go and find them, Kyu!”

Kyuhyun suddenly chuckles. “Relax Wook. They’re with Sungmin and Henry.”

“W.. What?”

“You heard me.” Kyuhyun grins. “Sungmin and Henry brought them out to go to the playground.”

“O… Oh.”

I feel my face getting red. I want to wipe my eyes but I realize that my hands are still in Kyuhyun’s. Kyuhyun looks down at our joined hands and grins. He releases his hands from mine and wipes my tears away with his thumbs.

“I… Umm… What about breakfast? Have… Have the kids eaten anything yet?” I ask, wanting to distract myself from the embarrassment.

“They’re going to bring the kids to some pancake shop.”

“O… Oh.” I straight my shirt awkwardly. “Well….”

That is when I realize something.

“Yah!! What are you doing in the upper dorm apartment again?! Cho Kyuhyun, you better stop breaking into this apartment!”

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I promise more interesting and fun updates soon! My holidays are going to start in another week so just bear with me! I'm sorry for this drabble chapter. Thank you for reading anyway! <3<3