Old Story

Beast-Friend

Every relationship has its own obstacles.

Some people have to compromise with each other's characters to make it last.

Some fight hard to convince and get blessings from their parents.

Some lost the spark in the middle of their way,

and some other are fettered by the unfinished business, or unsaid words.

 

Yuri wore the surprised --or rather shocked-- expression when Jessica made a sudden entrance to her room. It's 3pm in the afternoon and Yuri was practicing her script alone, because Yoona had gone somewhere to film 'Love Rain' and Tiffany, her partner MC, was out with Taeyeon to grab some lunch.

Slightly dissapointed by the response of Yuri, Jessica snorted. "Wae? You don't like me being here?"

"Sorry, Sica-yah. I was shocked! You should've knocked the door," the latter let out an apologetic chuckle.

Jessica shrugged and made her way into Yul's bed. "Ya! Kwon Yuri, you still owe me a story."

"Sica! You know what, I had an odd dream about you last night!"

"Don't try to change subject. I want a story of MinYul who proved the proverb right."

If Jessica wants something, she will persist to get it.

Yuri sighed. "The MinYul one?" she finally gave up.

Eyes gleaming in excitement, Jessica nodded.

"Well," the dark-haired girl toyed with her fingers, deciding where to start. "You know how competitive our Minho can be, do you?"

"Ouch, our Minho!" Sica interrupted with a rather annoying tone. This earned her a good pillow-punch. "Okay, I'll keep quiet," she promised.

"Sometimes his competitiveness scare the hell out of me. I don't mind if he's that ambitious to win Olympic games or Dream Team or anything sport-related," Yuri took a deep breath before continuing. "But one day I started to think that maybe he didn't truly love me. Maybe I was just the trophy. He just wanted to win me".

Sica fell in silence, not knowing of what to say.

"You know what's funny? It happened during those times when Minho and Krystal's scandal of Dream Team surfaced," Yuri confessed while playfully ruffling Sica's hair.

Never expecting the story to be so tense, the brunette shook her head in disbelieve. "Oh My God! I apologize on behalf of SooJung. She might seem flirty at times, but I'm sure she had no intention to ruin your relationship."

Yuri smiled in understanding. "I know, Sica-yah. It's not Soojung that I was worried of. It's more of Minho's way of treating Soojung. It drove me insecure, as if he had won me, then he wanted to conquer your little sister. Crappy thoughts, I know, but I couldn't help it."

Jessica unconsciously grabbed both Yuri's left and right hands to hold them tight in hers. "I'm sorry I didn't even know a thing about all this and let you faced the storm by yourself," her voice full of remorse.

"Noooo, it's okay Sica. It was looong long ago and me and Minho, we are more than fine now". Yuri hated how the mood suddenly became so gloomy when the event itself occured almost a year ago and she barely felt bitter or hurt while telling. "Remember, I still hold the twist and moral of story, which involve the proverb I told you earlier," she tried to cheer Sica up.

"Ah! The proverb! What does it have to do with your problem?"

"Hoho, calm down kiddo," Yuri was slightly amused by the innocent look in Sica's face. "So, the proverb says 'If it's important to you, you'll find ways, and If it's not, you'll find excuses', right?"

"Um-hm."

"At that time I realized that I still valued the relationship so, sooo much and I, honestly, never wanted to lose Minho. I love him, and all I needed to do was to prove that he felt the same way about me."

Yuri cracked up upon seeing the brunette in front of her listened so closely for she didn't even blink.

"Taeyang did me a favor. I went to dinner dates with him and we made it so obvious that Minho began to notice. I knew it would trigger him to do something; if I really was his trophy, no matter what, he'd get me back and he'd probably raise his fist to fight Taeyang one-on-one. Thank God it didn't happen. Minho told me he needed to talk, and asked me gently about what really happened between us two, I mean, me and Taeyang."

"And then and then?" whined Jessica.

"We met in our favourite restaurant, he ordered the most expensive steaks, only to leave them untouched because we were too busy arguing and shouting to each other. I was so sure we're going to end anything we've ever had by that night, but then... Minho began to shed tears. He looked me in the eyes and talked with a trembling voice, 'If Taeyang Hyung can make you happy, or happier, Yul, I'll let you go' That was the very moment to assure me about his love, his feeling, everything. Both of us learned lessons from that so-called dark period of our relationship, and in fact, it grew us stronger".

Nodding slowly, it was clear that Jessica had been completely amazed, captivated, and touched. "Yuri-ah, I'm proud to have you as my love advisor."

The one in compliment smiled shyly. "I don't really deserve the title, Sica-yah. I'm only a little more experienced than you are."

Jessica took a glimpse at her watch and gasped. "Oh no I gotta go, baby."

"Where to?"

"I have an appoinment with a shoe-designer for a... future collaboration," she playfully winked her bestfriend.

Yuri had no chance to interrogate her further because Jessica dissapeared in a blink. She shook her head and put the focus back to the neglected script. She didn't think it's a good time to tell Jessica about the odd dream she got last night; where Sica and the hero of her old, unfinished story, Donghae, were seen trying to fix things up and be together again.

'A dream might be just... dream,' she convinced herself.

 

***

 

"This is a very nice treat", Jessica mumbled to herself.

She was stuck in the middle of a completely unfamiliar neighborhood, with a broke down car, smoky engine, and no one to be asked help from. Now she needed to call someone who could come as fast as possible.

Her members? Bad Idea. Machinery was never their knick-knack.

Manager oppas? If it meant for her to explain about what she wanted to do and who she intended to meet, then it's a big no. Nobody --beside her members and closest family-- shall ever know about the future business collaboration she's planning.

Her boyfriend? Taec told her that he had an official photo-session to attend but maybe they could release him earlier due to this emergency case of a stranded girlfriend. She quickly pressed the speed dial button.

"Hello?"

"Oppa, I need you to pick me up right now. N.O.W., " the last three letters were said in english, to emphasize thing. "My car refused to start and the engine is now all-smoky and the neighborhood here is kinda creepy and I beg you please saaaaveee meeee." She knew it was too melodramatic for an ice princess like her, but in such circumstances, who cares?

"Pardon? Sica-yah? What happened?" the way too familiar voice from other line sounded as confuse as could be.

Jessica freeze out upon realization that she hadn't changed the set number for her phone's speed dial. It's still Donghae.

"Jessica, you okay?" the confused tone instantly transformed into a worry one. "Tell me where you are! I'm coming now, I'm coming!"

 

Trying my best to update regularly :3 Hope you can understand and keep supporting this fanfic. Enjoy the new chapter! More spicy conflicts coming up next, hoho :D