Beast-Friend

Beast-Friend

Tiffany knows this Choco Taec very well.

She has to admit that he’s attractive, with his special feature of big ears that turn all red whenever he feels embarrassed.

He’s caring, although he doesn’t seem to show the caring side of him too often —he is that beast every girl screams for—.

He can cook, he has a tall, well-built body, and he speaks English. Such a perfect… bestfriend.

 

He called her a couple week after Halyu Dream Concert, where both 2PM and SNSD performed. As soon as Tiffany answered, Taec's parade of complaints had become unstoppable. 

"Ya! Ppani-ah! I waved at you and you just bowed? What was that?"

Tiffany smiled to herself, trying hard not to giggle. "I smiled back, okay? I and Taengoo were rushed to the backstage at that moment."

She could hear him sighing. "I have a feeling that you create distance. You even avoided eyes-contact."

"It's not that. I was too busy staring at your ears. They're, uhm, fascinating."

There were seconds of silence between them before they burst into laughters. "If only you were here, I swear I'd slap your head", Taecyeon warned her playfully. He never thought those words could create a longer pause.

"Tiff? You okay?" he sounded worry.

"If only I were there, huh? Don't you realize it's been ages since we last going out for friendly-dates and such?" her tone turned sad and a little depressed. "No more lunch, movies, soccer match".

"I know right? Screw those scandals and gossip channels! I've missed you, too."

She let out a chuckle. "Ya! You're so prideful. I didn't say I missed you."

As much as she wanted to save her face (and pride) by saying the opposite, she had to admit that she, too, was missing him more than anything. The good times they had before debuted; trips to amusement park, screams on rollercoaster, evening walks in Han Gang river bank, hours of English chit-chat in their favorite cafe --along with Jessica, and JayBeom sometimes--, the list can go on and on. Not forgetting the facts that she was the first girl who bravely confessed to him, and he was the one who stole her first kiss. Yes, they were once a couple. Althought a few months later they decided that being bestfriends would be the best choice.

"We can manage to see each other and arrange a secret date, you know," Taecyeon tried to cheer her up. "All we need is a good planning, and a very very hidden place."

"Like, Planet Mars? Or my dad's backyard?"

He groaned in horror. "Fany, please. How could you be so un-funny?"

"I've been telling pretty much everyone lately about how stress I am of being unfunny," she wailed, asking for sympathy.

"Hey! If you translate that to English, it kinda has a nice rhyme. Fany the Unfunny," Taecyeon laughed, satisfy of the idea of new nickname to .

Tiffany, however, was very much against the idea. "Don't you dare, Ok Taecyeon!"

The next minute he found himself being scolded and rambled at. Taecyeon silently put away his phone to a meter or such, but he kept the loudspeaker on nonetheless. Tiffany's ramble started to sound like a rap song, and he thought she's the cutest when she's rambling like that.

"Are you hanging up?", she finally noticed that he hadn't responded a single word.

Taecyeon replied non-chalantly. "No."

"DON'T tell me you're sitting in your livingroom, setting this phone call into a loudspeaker mode, that it could be overheard by any of your member who's still awake. Cos' if you are, you better prepare to greet my fist."

He gulped in panick and turned the loudspeaker off. "No way!"

"Good."

"So, the secret plan?" Taec quickly changed the subject.

"I don't know." A sense of doubtfulness dominated her voice. "I mean, in the middle of our comeback and your crazy hectic schedule? It's almost impossible. I guess we should be content of short-greetings and backstage-meetings in between music shows for now."

"Yeah, I guess so." his tone was deep, he couldn't help but feeling a bit down. "By the way, you should sleep, Fany-ah. It's past midnight."

"Hmm, you, too, Oppa."

"Promise me you would call often, and get rid of that ever-sheepish smile if we happen to bump on the backstage."

"Ne, I get it."

"One more thing! Do not get too close to other men idols. I am the only good oppa exists in your world, okay?"

Tiffany laughed at his comical statement. "Silly! Good night, oppa. Jaljayo."

"Wait, wait! I forgot to tell you something. I've seen The Boys second teaser."

"And?"

"You look... perfect. Bye!"

He might be this mischievous freak who can be very annoying at times. He might be an Oppa who has been teasing her for life. He might cook way better than her which she envies. And he might be liking Jessica, Yoona, Wondergirls, abruptly changing his ideal type when he feels like it. But there's always this special thing that nevel fails to bring Tiffany back to him, again and again; his nature.