A Way

Beast-Friend

Jessica is an understanding girlfriend. Despite the cold and fierce outer appearance of her,
she is actually soft-hearted and sometimes can be quite of a crybaby, hence the nickname "warm ice".
But no matter how hard, thick, resilient an ice can be, under the constant heat, it melts.

 

"Oppa, Still practicing? Practice hard! Hwaiting!"

"Can't wait to meet you tomorrow yeeyy. What time will 2PM perform? I'll sneak out to your waiting room kekeke"

"Oppa why no reply i'm still waiting =.="

She had been waiting all night long; sacrificing her precious sleeping time, keeping herself conscious and battling against heavy eyes, for a phone call, or heck, a single text. She only wanted to know how he's doing. Did he even miss her?

"Are you asleep? Poor cat, you must be tired huhu T_T text me when you're awake, okay? Sleep tight!"

The next morning, she woke up to the noisy sound of sooyoung's new alarm. Her mind automatically commanded her to check out her phone.

NOTHING.

The message or missed call she was hoping did not exist. She could hear the sound of a broken heart. It was hers.

From that moment onward, Jessica had become too miserable to do anything right. She incidentally poured a large amount of tomato sauce to her bowl of cereal --instead of chocolate milk which was just two inch away--, she was zoning out the entire breakfast --leaving sooyoung a legit talk to herself--, she didn't even bother mix-matching her outfits --sunny had to redo the pick and forced her to change--.

Her eight sisters knew something went wrong. They assigned Kwon Yul, the love expert, to give Sica a little help to go through such situation. On their way to the tv station, they purposely set both Sica and Yuri to sit at the back seat of the van, so that the two could properly do "the talk" while the others pretended to be non-exist; listening to music, sleeping, texting.

 


***
 


"Jung Soo Yeon, I've seen enough. Tell me what's wrong," Kwon Yul started with a rather intimidating tone.

The person in question shook her head. "Nothing. I'm... perfectly fine."

Narrowing her eyes, Yuri moved closer to Sica. "Perfect lie Sica. Tsk tsk."

"You really want to hear the truth?"
 
"Ofcourse."

"I don't know if I can stand it any longer, Yul."

Yuri was prepared for ANY kind of answer; he's a bastard, he's being a butthurt, that wimpy man, somebody please punch him, i hate him, basically anything, EXCEPT this. Literally shocked, she let out a loud gasp.

"What was the problem, Sica-chu? Care to share?" the younger girl carefully tried to approach.

There was no immediate respond from Sica. Only the look in her eyes hinting a deep agony. She needed a minute of silence to convince herself whether to tell Yuri about the messed-up lovelife of her or to just burry it inside. She eventually gave up to the first option.

"We had a fight on thursday. That day, after his concert, he managed to send me a picture of fan-made "TaecSica" banner he secretly captured from above the stage. He even added a caption, 'we're quite famous here, keke', which, on the normal day, would be very much appreciated by me. But that very day I was extremely exhausted, so when he called to discuss about the banner, I just didn't sound interested enough. Soon we were on flame."

"And you guys didn't contact each other ever since?" Yuri tried to guess.

"Actually, he did. He contacted me first, apologizing and all like a gentleman. I thought We already made up. But last night he didn't reply to any of my messages and he didn't call back".

"And? That was your good reason to let go?"

"It's always started from a tiny matter, but we end up hurting each other's heart badly. Now we're like playing push-and-pull, and I'm being pulled over and over again. I'm mentally and physically tired, Yul, to be quite honest."

Yuri patted Jessica's shoulder to console her. "Let's compare it to what you guys have gone through; both of you had bravely faced obstacles from our local media, gossip channels, the antis, his company, our company. See? A tiny matter it is."

"We're almost there" their manager oppa suddenly interrupting, making the girls --who were busy overhearing the entire private conversation-- startled.  

"Sica, listen to me. It is an ancient proverb, but I proved it to be right.
If IT IS important for both of you, you will find a way.
if IT IS NO MORE important, you'll find excuse."

"Yuri-ah, am I the meanie- here? Am I finding excuses?"

"No, baby. You're a darling. I know you."

 

 

***
 


Their van finally stopped at the parking lots of the respective tv station. All nine of them walked to the waiting room that was specially reserved for SNSD. On the middle of their way, Jessica accidentaly rested her eyes on a piece of paper which read "2PM's waiting room". Sighing, she couldn't understand why she was constantly being tortured.

To everyone's surprise, the waiting room of SNSD wasn't empty. A tall, muscular guy stood on one of the corner, holding a big banner that had the word 'TaecSica' written on it.

"Oh, Oppa!" Yoona, who happened to be the first to make entrance, couldn't help but shout. The tall guy gave her a sign to remain calm. When Jessica came in and saw that guy, she screamed like, histerically.

"Why, How, ..."

"Surprise!"

"You... Last night..."

"I did that on purpose. Missing me more, hmm?"

"Seriously! Oppa, it's..."

"
I was imagining how amazed you must be if I could get you this banner. So I personally approached that fan-girl and asked her to give it to me as souvenir. I bet I deserve a hug."

"Yaaaa! Oppa you're a dead meat!!!"

They could hear a chuckle that belonged to Tiffany. "Jung Jeshka! We'll be going to NY, and touring around Asia, and filming lootss of music programs and reality shows, and promoting our new album while Taecyeon Oppa will have their Japan tour, their south east Asia tour, etcetera etcetera. It probably will take two months or so before you guys can see each other again. Cut the ego off!"

Sooyoung jokingly added, "Don't worry, we'll seal the door, in case manager oppas or stylish unnies break in all of sudden," making everyone laughed.

Taecyeon moved closer and wrapped Jessica tight in his embrace. The small girl in Taecyeon's embrace began to sniffle. "I thought you haven't fully forgiven me, I thought you were having doubts, I thought you were considering whether we should or should not continue, I thought..."

Before she could finish telling him all her previous thoughts, he cut in. "None of them are true, Sica-yah. The only thought I had was to go back to Korea as fast as possible to meet --and surprise-- you. I couldn't stop thinking about you when we sang ballad tracks."

"Only during ballad tracks?" protested Sica.

"Well, you know, the lyrics of our ballad tracks are quite romantic. The upbeat ones are mostly about enjoying a party, putting our hands up, being cheated and expressing anger the beasts way, I just, can't." 

A slight smile curved in Sica's face. "Thank you."

Yuri was right. There's always a way.

"Ya! Let go off the hug. You don't want to be caught by our managers, do you? Ewww, PDA!" teased Hyoyeon while sticking out her tongue.


 

***
 


Jessica had unleashed the burden off her thoughts. Only one thing left to be asked.    

"Ya, Kwon Yul! How did you prove the proverb?"

"Save it for the MinYul chapter, shall we?"

 

Aloha readers! Haven't been updating since ice age, tsk tsk, now it feels good, LOL.  For your info, 2PM and SNSD will be attending SBS Gayo Daejun so let's hope for Taecsica/Taecfany moments (totally deprived TT____TT). Thanks for the support! Enjoy this chapter :)