you smell (good).

Make It Red

 

 

 

 

 

you smell (good).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was very challenging for Lu Han to focus. He knew that he told himself that he would only pay attention to his lesson but that was tougher than he thought. The one who was always on Lu Han's mind was no other than Sehun. He was literally always in the forefront of Lu Han's mind. His stupid and senseless comments also made it to drive Lu Han mad. Tightening the hold on his pen, Lu Han scribbled something he couldn't read himself and ended up crossing it out.

 

 

 

The professor had such a boring voice- it wasn't Lu Han's fault that his eyes threatened to close.

 

 

 

But one shrill voice managed it to snap him out of it. A girl who was frankly well known came running into the class. She was out of breath when she dragged her body to the front while everyone was staring at her. This also included Lu Han who was currently biting on his pen. This was perhaps something he wanted to know. Whatever it was- it would be better than listening to the teacher's announcements of who would present next. Only a few students of the class already went and when going with the alphabetical order Do Kyungsoo and therefore Lu Han would be next.

 

 

 

What she was doing however was way more interesting.

 

 

 

 

 

There had to be a reason for creating this scene.

 

 

 

"Someone bit me!" Crying this out she held her arm on view as proof where there was a tiny but noticeable bite mark. It was not even bloody but it still worried her. Why would someone just bite another person? The professor raised his eyebrow and grasped her arm to inspect. Of course the other students were interested too and slightly stood up to also have a look. Lu Han sadly was cursed with sitting at the back. He correspondingly got up but couldn't really see. Even when he formed both of his hands into circles and held them in front of his eyes.

 

 

 

"How does this person look like? A student? Boy or girl?" Someone from the front row asked her upon which she started to remember.

 

 

Well yes a bit more information would be helpful.

 

 

 

"A boy. I've never seen him before. He asked me to buy him something from the vending machine. I said okay but he didn't have any money.  Then I said that I would buy it for him for free. But only if he would go on a date with me 'cause he's cute. Then he said 'no all women are evil like Sunhwa'. He bit me and I ran away."

 

 

 

This sounded mysteriously like someone Lu Han had met. Could it be that Sehun had followed him? He felt his heart stop and then jump a little. Leaning considerably back on his seat Lu Han trailed his eyes to the door with a frown. He wasn't quite sure if he should believe what she was seeing or saying, but it was hard not to, especially since Sulli didn't really lie. She was honest and the bite mark reinforced her story. Actually biting others would be something Sehun would do.

 

 

He would throw a tantrum if he wouldn't get what he wanted and this Sunhwa could be his human ex-girlfriend. But what was Lu Han saying, Sehun was simply playing dress-up. He was himself a human so he had no reason to address his ex-girlfriend as a human too. There was no difference. There was no way that Sehun was a vampire. It was daylight so shouldn't he technically be converted into flames or something like that? He wouldn't be able to be alive.

 

 

 

"No...he's not here..." Lu Han said to himself and the reason that he was getting goose bumps was that he was cold. And not scared or confused. Uneasiness slinked through his empty stomach, making him feel nauseous. He glided and arm across his stomach and fought the burning sensitisation in his chest. This just couldn't be. Why did he then leave Lu Han and didn't show up for a whole day? There was enough evidence to speak for it as much as against it. But one thing was for sure.

 

 

 

There was a women hating maniac running around who bit others when getting angry.

 

 

 

 

Mystification and affected mental processes barred him from reasonably dividing the situation into logical parts. Should he go and check? It was smarter than sitting around while going through hundreds of theories in mind. It was a good thing he was sitting down, because his bones felt so weak at the only thought of Sehun perchance being a vampire. And it wouldn't look good for him if someone would catch him. Although Lu Han had only met him once he felt oddly protective over him. He wanted to help him.

 

 

What if someone would see him? Deciding he shouldn't just sit there and not doing anything, Lu Han was about to open his mouth and say that he would check. Unfortunately he was too late as the guy next to him was asked to go and have a look. He couldn't go there though. Lu Han was the only one to handle him. Staring at Jonghyun who pushed his chair back to get up, Lu Han directly stood up too. He gave the other a fast shove so that he lurched down. Much to the surprise of the other students and also the professor who adjusted his glasses.

 

Brushing his bangs back, Lu Han squeezed himself through various desks with one odd reason, "It's dangerous for short people. Jonghyun should stay here in safety." He afterwards ran to the door and didn't even listen to the reaction or the staggered faces of the other. Now finding Sehun was important. Then they could finally have a talk about the whole vampire topic. A little bit thinking about it was fine but too much fantasy was not healthy. There was only one huge vending machine where Sehun could have gone to and hopefully he was still there.

 

 

 

Lu Han slowed down from running to walking since he didn't want to get into trouble. From far distance he could already see someone pressing their face against the glass of the machine gazing at the different drinks and chocolate bars. This did look like Sehun, no doubt. Lu Han sighed to himself and felt weariness settle behind his eyelids, and a ponderous weight sink in his gut. Was it fate or why did they meet again? He doubted that Sehun knew to what college he went to aside from following him there. This could be also an explanation.

 

 

 

Lifting his head and standing up on his feet, Sehun surprisingly recognised Lu Han with a smile, "It's flat--Lu! I knew I would see you again!"

 

 

If it would take a fight to make Sehun understand that it was not nice to say that then he would fight. This was ridiculous, and his was not meant with that. What exactly was Sehun doing somewhere where he was not supposed to be. Shouldn't he be in school? Lu Han was certainly not prepared to allow Sehun to bite other people and ditch school. He would even try harder to resolve the matter if Sehun would refuse to leave.

 

 

Another thing that bothered him was that Sehun knew his name. Lu Han couldn't remember a time where he had introduced himself so how could he have known? Besides, if meeting him again in that kind of place wasn't weird enough, he was surprisingly happy. Lu Han didn't have enough time to potentially look for the other so meeting him where he at least expected it was very unusual. And that he remembered about his flat backside was also very unfortunate.

 

 

 

Lu Han was always confident enough in his presence and skills so that he was no longer mad at that.

 

 

 

After all, Sehun was entitled to his opinion.

 

 

 

"That's not important. What are you doing here?! And how do you know my na- no! Why are you here? Answer me that!" Taking a hold of Sehun's shoulders Lu Han shook him all over and demanded an answer. A most disturbing feeling began in his stomach and moved its way up his chest. He was terrified and also concerned for Sehun. As if he did not belong there. He didn't feel well with Sehun being there. Something was going horribly wrong.

 

 

 

Staring at Lu Han with a blank face Sehun pointed at the vending machine, "Get me something to drink. Then I will talk." In the next moment Sehun pushed his cheek against the glass while admiring the many cans. He was so surprised and fascinated. The only problem was that he needed money to make it work. And this would be when Lu Han would use his money. Knowing that he wouldn't get any information without listening, Lu Han groaned and rolled a few coins into the slit. Hearing the money fall into the machine, Lu Han turned his back to ask the other:

 

 

 

"Which one do you like?"

 

 

 

Sehun's eyes were sparkling when he said 'this one' indicating the one on the far left. He really was bad with manners. Lu Han had never heard him say yes or please. Well what could he expect? He was obviously a kid so this wouldn't be given. After pressing the number of the drink, it immediately fell down with a 'thud'. Instead of waiting for Lu Han to get it, Sehun had the nerve to push the one who got him the drink away. He hauled the can out on his own while Lu Han took a sharp breath and tried to not get unnecessarily angry. 

 

 

Probably regretting this rude move, Sehun quickly gave the other the can back.

 

 

 

"Are you trying to apologise-" Lu Han was about to ask but got instantly cut off.

 

 

"Open this for me." Sehun was seriously giving the term brat a whole new meaning. How can he be so relaxed when saying that? Well it was not like Lu Han could say something against that. So he simply did what he was told and gave him the can back. It was what Sehun had wanted, and the look in his eyes when he had observed the vending machine was heart-breaking. As if he was a homeless boy who hadn't drunken for a long while. Speaking of drinking; now he had found another reason to not believe that vampire crap.

 

 

 

It was anyway stupid in the first place. Vampires couldn't walk around in daylight like that nor could they eat and drink human food.

 

 

 

Just as Lu Han had thought that, Sehun spat the drink out right on Lu Han's face:

 

 

"That's disgusting! Was this a trap flat--Lu?!" Rubbing his lips with his wrist dry Sehun didn't waver to toss the can away. This was almost as sickening as those noodles. He couldn't tell which one was worse. He needed real food. Lu Han who was still frozen from the liquid on his face, eventually jumped up and down while squeezing his eyes together. He couldn't believe that this happened again. And it was Sehun who choose that kind of drink so he could look for someone else to blame. It was not Lu Han's fault who cleaned his face with a tissue.

 

 

Seeing that Lu Han didn't protest, Sehun nodded in approval, "And? Do you understand what you did wrong?"

 

 

 

"It was you who wanted it..." Keeping his cool Lu Han he wavered between wanting to lecture the younger about his mistake and wanting to curl up into a ball and sleep the day through. Sehun was so rude- but if he couldn't have any of the food and drinks then was the vampire thing true? It would also explain why he bit her. But this couldn't be. Sehun couldn't possibly really be a bloodsucking monster, right? Lu Han just had a sinking feeling that he was after all right and he wasn't a human. The fear alone was enough to make it difficult for him to breathe.

 

 

 

"You humans have a weird way of eating and drinking. It's not really enjoyable." Sehun threw his glance aside and crossed his arms over his chest. By saying this he was drawing a line between them. Could he really do that? But he had to be a human too. It just couldn't be. And Lu Han would easily prove it. He took a deep breath and stepped closer with a serious expression. He would now prove himself the truth- vampire or not. Without a word he took another step and put both of his palms on Sehun's cheeks. Silently he pulled the other down who didn't really get what was going on.

 

 

 

He had a guess though, "Does it work this quickly in the human world? I'm not really into flat butts but you can still become my wif-" The hand which held his jaw pulled his mouth open as Lu Han's left hand slipped in aiming for the fangs. He had to show that they were fake. They would definitely fall off as soon as he would touch them. Lu Han was positive but why didn't anything happen? Aside from Sehun struggling to shove the other away, none of the fangs had moved or shown signs of being replicas.

 

 

Upset, Lu Han stopped and sighed at which point he patted Sehun's shoulders, "You know...I'm going crazy...but...I'll believe you for now..." He couldn't keep waiting to find out by those actions who Sehun really was. Maybe he should have believed him from the start. What surprised him was Sehun shrugged his shoulders to that, acting as if it wasn't a big deal. As if it was already obvious and Lu Han's brain was working slow. There was one more thing left to discuss:

 

 

 

"Why are you here anyway? And why don't you burst into flames? And do you really other's blood? And why are you such a brat?"

 

 

 

Well correction, there were several things left to talk about. The last question wasn't really necessary but Lu Han wanted to know anyway. It couldn't be that he was such born like that. Being bratty was normal but he was taking it to a new level. Sehun turned his head to every direction and said that they should talk somewhere else. He didn't feel comfortable to speak about such matter in an open corridor. For once he had a smart idea. Well sadly to say, Lu Han couldn't just go somewhere with Sehun. He had still his lessons and couldn't miss them. Otherwise his perfect attendance would be ruined.

 

 

 

 

"Sehun I can't co-"

 

 

 

"Come on! Let's go to the place you work at!"

 

 

 

Ignoring Lu Han's words, Sehun ran off and tugged the other with him. So how did Sehun know that Lu Han was working as a waiter in a restaurant? This was just creepy. He could have followed him for a few weeks. That was how he knew where his college was. But why? Why would he do that to Lu Han? Clenching his teeth together Lu Han tripped after him and didn't have the strength to say something. That was why he just left it and let himself be dragged away. He would tell Kyungsoo to get his stuff.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He would get his answers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

It was the first time for Lu Han to sit and order from the place he worked at. It was humiliating and a bit difficult but he couldn't do anything against Sehun’s stubbornness. Why did he even want to go in the first place? He didn't even eat their food. That confused Lu Han. They could have just gone to Lu Han's house instead of the restaurant. Sehun would just spit the food out. Nevertheless the way he was gazing at the plates the waiters were holding was funny. But if he drank blood then whose would he take? He had to eat somehow too. Leaning back Lu Han sighed and began to ask the questions he was curious of:

 

 

 

"So tell me...why aren't you bursting into flames? I thought vampires can't stand the sunlight." Lu Han leaned forwards and enquiringly questioned, his eyes imploring Sehun to just be open. He didn't think that he would lie but he had to be careful of what to believe. Who knows if this all was just a trick? Actually Sehun was about to say something when Lu Han had interrupted him with his questions, and his mouth slammed shut as soon as Lu Han had started to talk. Then, he couldn't meet his eyes. It had nothing to do with the questions.

 

 

Sehun pretended to think and started talking, "Of course we won't suddenly burst into flames, but we will feel very uncomfortable in sunlight and will take on a lifestyle that avoids going out in the sun. I don't feel well and I'm lucky that there isn't much sunshine out there today." He looked straight into Lu Han's eyes who was not scared but charmed about this information. He really didn't care anymore that all sounded too real to not be true.

 

 

 Sehun was a vampire.

 

 

 

An actual vampire.

 

 

 

 

"And do you really on blood? Will you take mine?"

 

 

 

"Maybe I will." Sehun casually said, his face gloomy, and his tone implying that Lu Han's thoughts weren't wrong even though he would not really do that. The secreted message in his words crashed against Lu Han’s brain and he didn't know if he should run away or not. But this was still bratty Sehun. So why should he be afraid?

 

 

"I like blood that lives up to my expectations. I have high standards I'm after all a prince." Sehun said through a clearly fake smile of good joyfulness, "You are meh. This girl was not very good either. I feel like nobody will have the same blood as Sunhwa." He finished, a look of slight contempt dripping out from behind the artificial smile. Lu Han had never felt as safe in hearing such an answer at the moment. His blood wasn't worthy enough. He didn't know what to think about that.

 

 

 

"So you don't want to taste it?" Lu Han asked by way of explanation as he titled his head to the left to expose his neck. It was difficult to find out if he was serious or joking since he had earlier said that he didn't believe in the whole vampire thing. So it was very surprising for him to meet the terms and even offer his own blood. At this point Lu Han didn't even know what he believed and what not. For now he had to get used to the fact that a real vampire was sitting in front of him.

 

 

Sehun looked up and fought the heat of virile pride at the way the other's eyes stared at him, "Not really," he pointed out honestly; uneasily cringing at the way it sounded. He didn't care about how nice he sounded but he currently wanted it to come over nicer than it did. "Are you offering me your blood?" his voice dropped and sounded more like how he had planned it to. Lu Han's eyes didn't avoid him like all the other victims did and Sehun felt his heart pause a little for him. He didn't know if Lu Han was oblivious or was aware of the seriousness of his words.

 

 

 

"I'm sure my blood tastes great..." Lu Han trailed off as he flipped the leather bound book open in front of him and scrutinized the overflowing options. The waiter had noticed that he had opened the menu and would consider coming over to the table. Unlike Lu Han, Sehun was silently staring at his own book. No matter what they would give him he wouldn't be able to eat it. It was probably not such a good idea to have come- he needed to do something against that. He had to act quickly too before Lu Han would be able to decide.

 

 

Placing his hands on the table Sehun stood up and reached for Lu Han's wrist, "Let's go I don't like this place."

 

 

"What...? We just came..." Lu Han responded in concern, rationally but vainly branding down all the very ridiculous feelings and scenarios revolving around in his brain. It seemed like Sehun was hungry and seeing people eat would make him even hungrier. Should he feel sorry for him? Lu Han tripped after Sehun out of the restaurant before his boss would have the chance to see him.  The rest of his words faded from Lu Han's mind and were replaced with other things to worry over.

 

 

 

Did he leave his class without a legit reason? He could have just ignored Sulli and get on with his class. Then he wouldn't have to see Sehun again. But for a reason this wasn't enough yet. Lu Han was certain that Sehun wanted something from him. He knew where Lu Han lived, his name, where he worked and college. He knew it all and wasn't even denying it. Should Lu Han feel concerned that there was someone who knew so much about him? There was nothing that connected them. It was reckless to follow and blindly trust someone as weird as Sehun.

 

 

 

The way back home was awkward to say. They didn't talk to each other and yet he Sehun didn't let go of the other, holding his wrist even tighter in public. Lu Han couldn't tell how he should feel about being pulled like that. He had his rights so shouldn't he do something against that? And how Sehun avoided the streets and rather stood under trees made the situation weirder than it already was.

 

 

"Is there something you want to tell me?" Lu Han prudently asked, already dreading the response; he didn't want to think about Sehun's reason to have come to their world. Supposing that he was really a vampire, he was not an ordinary one. A prince he had said. It made the situation harder to understand. Why would a prince come to Lu Han? Sehun's face rapidly fell and a look of confusion and dreaminess covered his face.

 

 

Coming closer to the apartment complex, Lu Han swallowed, his strange thoughts pushed to the rear of his mind; he didn't like that indecipherable expression on Sehun's face. Still, he wanted to get out every issue. That didn't mean that he was angry for the unexpected visit. He did like Sehun, he was funny. Regardless of that, he wanted to know why he was there. His ex-girlfriend couldn't be the only reason right? He would have looked for her rather than Lu Han. Why did he want to stay with him?

 

 

"It's just you...remind me...of her." After a while Sehun said that. It was a bit weird that he answered Lu Han's question. But that was a pretty good reason. If it was only real of course. He sounded just about the same as always, but there was not that usually hint of playfulness and that always toughened hint of seriousness moved in with the his voice.

 

 

 

For once, Lu Han was actually happy to have feminine features. He got red to some extent and struck a random pose for a second:

 

 

 

"I've always known that I was pretty. No new news."

 

 

 

"Yeah but you are like the side chick."

 

 

 

 

Lu Han stopped posing and threw his head back in shock, "You don't know what a vending machine is but you know what a side chick is? Who taught you that? It's not a nice word. And if anything, she is the side chic-"

 

 

 

His answer was interrupted by his back meeting the wall of an alleyway. Lu Han looked just the way he always looked; a curious mix between confused disinterested but in all things he couldn't speak. He murmured something softly, sending Sehun a sideways glance, his gaze travelling over his face down to the ground. His mood was already down. He was tired, but he wanted to extend the time before he went to rest because he wanted to find out more about Sehun.

 

 

 

 

"W-What's wrong..." Lu Han didn't have a good feeling about Sehun being so close and sniffing him. He could feel the dense pressure of misery pressing down on his heart. He felt like he was not very convinced. Suddenly, it was like everything was closing around him, stifling him; pushing him out from finding out more. He needed an explanation, and he could see from the slight move in his Sehun's posture that his intractable interest was bothering him. He wasn't sure if he should tell Lu Han. It was dangerous for him to know that kind of information.

 

 

 

Notwithstanding of that Lu Han moved closer and clutched Sehun to have him near, "Is this some kind of vampire thing? Are you going to bite me?"

 

 

 

Sehun didn't immediately react to that although he raised his eyebrows:

 

 

 

"Why are you so excited? Your human scent is undesirable. Trust me nobody would want to bite you. They would rather chop their nose off."

 

 

 

 

The anticipation in Lu Han's eyes died down as he removed his arms from the other and sighed.

 

 

 

 

In conclusion, not even vampires would pay attention to him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Great.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Why Sehun smelled Luhan and stayed close to him (although he said that Lu didn't smell good) shall be a mystery

 

Dunno when the next update will be up but it should be this weekend :)

 

Please do comment and upvote~

 

bomi xoxo