you are pretty (ugly).

Make It Red

 

 

 

 

 

you are pretty (ugly).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Predicting that Sehun wouldn't come far with his fake documents was for nothing because he did come far. It seemed like nobody was shocked that this kid came out of nowhere and joined. That was so out of place and equally unfair that nobody was suspicious. Even Lu Han who was a fixed student was asked a few times if he was really part of the college. Well it was easy to overlook him since he was quiet but what was with Sehun? Lu Han demanded justice as he sat in his usual corner at the back, staring at his roommate who was laughing with his seat neighbour.

 

 

 

How could he make so quickly friends? Lu Han felt a pain in his palm, and realized that he was firmly holding his hand around the pen. He was incredibly annoyed about this situation. In a matter of seconds, Sehun had the whole class wrapped around his finger. The questions and talks ranged from 'Sehun sit with us' to 'what's your number' and so forth. Number? Sehun did know what a phone was but his knowledge was totally different. He was new to everything.

 

 

Lu Han didn't want to be affected. He wanted to continue like always and ignore everything around him. He wanted to draw in the corner of his papers like he always did. He wanted to be like always. This however wasn't possible. It was not possible because his mind was focused too much on Sehun. Whom he talked to- if he talked too much none sense and such. He shouldn't uncover his identity because he still had to do a lot. And also he would drag Lu Han into the mess without doubt.

 

 

 

"What's so great about him anyway..." He absentmindedly said and scribbled an answer on his question paper. Usually Lu Han would look up, acknowledge his classmates presence, then look back to whatever it was that he was doing, sometimes talking to himself simultaneously. This time, he held his gaze fixed to the boy a few rows before him. Lu Han wished to be able to look aside but this was harder than thought. Way harder. He couldn't concentrate.

 

 

 

"He seems nice." Jonghyun remarkably answered and earned a disappointed frown from Lu Han.

 

 

 

"Go marry him then. He's not nice if you get to know him." Lu Han replied while brushing a strand of hair behind his ear. Nice and Sehun? This was just wrong. When exactly was he nice to the person who provided him with a place to sleep? Never. To make matters even worse, the air in the room began to feel stuffy and stilted. That was probably Sehun's attitude's doing...or someone didn't open the windows. Logically, Lu Han was over-dramatizing the situation, since there was no harm in Sehun wanting to him to lessons from now on.

 

 

That didn't mean everything though.

 

 

 

The professor came up to him to randomly look through his answers and was discernably impressed. Of course Lu Han didn't get everything right but the majority.

 

 

"Thank you." Lu Han said with as bright a smile as he could manage. He looked a bit dishevelled so Jonghyun was mentally face-palming and nudge him to fix his hair. It was a bit messy, as if he had been running his fingers through it. Lu Han ignored the nudging and thanked the professor again for the compliment even after he left. His eyes barely met Sehun's who had turned around. Lu Han could see something writing on Sehun's question paper which he didn't bother doing:

 

 

Don't smile with your eyes at him.

 

 

 

Did he mean eye smile? Was Sehun seeing a teacher as a threat? Lu Han didn't purposely use his eyes- it was just coincidence which Sehun just happened to witness. Should he write back? Lu Han grabbed his pen again and used the backside of the paper to also write a message. After rereading it a few times, he approvingly nodded and held the paper boldly over his head. Sehun had to stand up a bit to be able to read it which was by the way very disbelieving. The message on the other hand was not something Sehun wanted to know:

 

 

 

Maybe one day you'll be as good as me

 

Maybe

 

 

 

 

When Sehun let his eyes trail back of the person who wrote it, Lu Han puckered his lips and made a kiss face. Sehun couldn't contain his laughter by blowing up his cheeks and let it loudly out. He couldn't believe that Lu Han didn't think that it was funny. It was the opposite; Lu Han didn't understand and was confused why it was so funny.

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh! Lu! Stop this nonsense!"

 

 

 

 

Lu Han looked down and apologised while Sehun continued to laugh.

 

 

 

The professor didn't think that it was funny, "How old are you?! Stop laughing!"

 

 

 

 

 

Guess.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

 

The rest of the following hours weren't as bad as Lu Han thought it would be. He thought that Sehun would embarrass him or just be stupid like he tended to be. He actually tried to be normal and not be as annoying as he usually would be. He stopped turning around as well so he wouldn't distract Lu Han and vice versa. The only surprise was when Sehun was asked to come back to the receptionist desk and confirm his age. Nobody knew how it happened but they caught wind of Sehun being (physically) a minor and therefore not being eligible for visiting the college.

 

 

But he was lucky that his grades (which were fake) allowed him to visit the year below. It was special class for smart students who had skipped one or two years or even high school altogether. Of course Sehun wouldn't refuse such an opportunity and agreed that he would transfer. Well his actual reason to have come was to pay close attention to those around Lu Han. Not being in his class would make it considerably difficult. But it was definitely better than nothing.

 

 

 

"I can't believe you actually wrote your real age." Lu Han made a slightly disturbed face with books pressed against his chest. Was Sehun really that dumb to really do that? To write 117 down? Someone with an IQ of a potato would have done that. Sehun who was accompanying him to the local library pulled a grimace and buried his hands into his pockets. Those clothes he stole from Lu Han weren't comfortable at all and smelled too much of him.

 

 

 

And that was not good for someone with a sensitive nose like Sehun, "Whatever. They thought it was a printing error and assumed I was 17. Well they guessed right in a way." He explained and wasn't bothered much. He would anyway be in the same building as Lu Han so what did it matter? Not much. Still not being mesmerised Lu Han snorted and sped his pace up. Sehun ran after him and shouting that Lu Han shouldn't snort in the presence of a prince. That was too disgusting. Lu Han defended himself saying that it was more acceptable than farting.

 

 

 

 

According to Sehun's logic, princes didn't fart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Don't talk to me and learn." Sehun patted the other's shoulder and pushed him to a table next to a window. Lu Han didn't think much of it and opened his book up as soon as he sat down. He did need to learn to be able to cope with the coming tests and essay writing. Writing concurrently notes, Lu Han wasn't aware of Sehun vanishing from his side. When nobody was looking Sehun used his rapid speed to hide behind several bookshelves a few metres away from Lu Han. There was a good reason to do this.

 

 

 

A very good one.

 

 

 

Didn't Lu Han say that he sometimes slept in the library? What if that would happen again and the potential biting scum would show up to do it once more? It was easy; Sehun would be there to prevent it. He would not let it happen for the second time. And another benefit was that Lu Han could study in peace without having to make funny faces. When he studied alone and read then he didn't realise that he looked like any other person. He wasn't that different. From what Sehun saw, it was that Lu Han was a natural silent person and therefore preferred silence.

 

 

It was not that Sehun liked him and thus defended him. He wouldn't like anyone before getting his revenge on Sunhwa for cheating. No matter who it was, Sehun wouldn't risk it to get cheated on again. Regardless of this he was certain that he wouldn't be able to see Lu Han without the joyous feelings he made him feel. It had been a long time since Sehun had felt the need to impress and help a person. Nobody asked him to help Lu Han with finding out who bit him. He literally couldn't have cared less. But this was Lu Han. It would have been appreciated if he had showed some sort of gratitude towards Sehun for wanting to help.

 

 

 

 

Up until now, the only thing he ever did that could be considered as a 'thank you' was that he shared some chocolate with Sehun.

 

 

 

 

He watched a strand of Lu Han's hair slide down and fall against his face. Lu Han looked up at Sehun; wondering why he was hiding behind shelves within moments, however, and Sehun forced himself to look away. He could feel Lu Han's presence as he kept on watching Sehun with a slightly puzzled expression but Sehun refrained from turning around. If everything had to work then Lu Han shouldn't pay attention to him and do his own thing. Preferably until he would fall asleep. So Sehun would be able to figure out who was after him.

 

 

 

Shrugging his shoulders, Lu Han hummed and continued with his work.

 

 

 

 

 

And that till the sun would set.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The sun was slowly going down the horizon. As it went down, the burning light of the sun got dull and it looked like hues of orange and yellow were painted on the sky. Specifically this type of light shone into the windows of the library as people were making their way in or out. Between those people, Lu Han had decided to rest his eyes a long time ago. His arms were crossed on the books as his forehead was on his arms. Granting that he didn't do that much to be exhausted like this, he still thought that he deserved a break which turned into a long nap.

 

 

Nobody seemed to complain, Sehun was even happy that he finally fell asleep so this 'mysterious vampire' could make his appearance. That was why Sehun had waiting for long. Hoping that the culprit would show up and once again aim for the sleeping Lu Han. Was that person too scared to bite when Lu Han would be awake or was it that they were keeping their identity hidden? It was very dangerous for a vampire to be caught so Sehun also understood why someone would be so careful. Just when he was about to wake up Lu Han and leave- the untouched door suddenly began to move.

 

 

There wasn't anyone who had entered in a while so Sehun held his breath and cautiously checked if Lu Han was still sleeping. Eyes tightly closed and a trail of drool slipping from the corner of his lips was enough evidence to conclude that Lu Han was still floating in his dream land. The steps turned louder and louder upon which Sehun hoped that Lu Han wouldn't wake up. Finally when that person had walked past Sehun, he was able to turn his head and analyse the face.

 

 

 

Whoever it was, halted like expected at Lu Han's table before leaning down to the sleeping boy.

 

 

 

 

Sehun wasn't thinking clearly when he shouted the first thing that came into his mind:

 

 

 

"STOP! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!" He raised his hand while standing up as Jonghyun turned around in surprise. He was clearly confused and froze for a moment whereas Sehun came running towards him. He would never let anyone get close to Lu Han like this. Never. Classmate or not- if he was a vampire then he should keep his secret better hidden. Sehun stopped in front of him and looked at Lu Han, then back at Jonghyun. How shameless he was to attack a sleeping person. Coward much?

 

 

 

"You aren't Lu's friend. He doesn't have any except big-eyes-Kyungsoo. So who are you?" Sehun asked, his lips tilting very slightly at the corners into a rather confrontational smile. Try as he might, Jonghyun could not do anything but accept and stare at him with wide eyes as he thought of backing up. He wouldn't be able to be close to Lu Han in such a situation. He stood, but was wholly sure to take a step backwards. He looked up at Sehun and made eye contact, his eyes indicating him to come closer.

 

 

Why should Jonghyun go to him in the first place? He should leave Lu Han alone, "What do you want from him? You shouldn't have bitten him," Sehun said sternly. "This is totally inappropriate." The last word ricocheted around the room, upholding the harsh tone. He took another step forwards while Jonghyun suddenly ran off. Sehun wouldn't be able to handle running out even in this current darkness. He didn't hide there for four hours to run after someone if he already knew who it was. He could hunt him any other day. Now the only important thing was to leave since the library would soon close.

 

 

Waking Lu Han up was not needed because he was half-awake. He had raised his head from the table and was standing on wobbly legs, "Are...we going home? He whispered while pressing the edge of his palm against his eyes. Before Sehun could answer, Lu Han was apparently not awake enough to be going somewhere since he slipped on nothing and fell backwards. He almost crashed against the chairs if it wasn't for Sehun grabbing his arms and drawing him back forwards. Still feeling a bit dizzy, Lu Han smiled and patted Sehun's chest.

 

 

"Thank you Sehun~ I really hate falling down and injuring myself."

 

 

 

His mind was definitely still away if he was being responsive like that. Sehun couldn't think much about it and took a hold of Lu Han's stuff to be able to leave. He thought that it was smarter for now to not tell Lu Han about the secret visit he had gotten. Some of the worry faded from his eyes, replaced now by disbelief. He wasn't even paying any attention to Lu Han saying weird stuff. He was still sleeping in a way and therefore Sehun wouldn't really care. Everyone said weird stuff when asleep so why should he be an exception? 

 

 

 

He had to admit though that the lady at the front desk gave them a weird look when Lu Han kept on talking.

 

 

 

 

"Sehun bbuing bbuing~"

 

 

 

"Are you trying to curse me?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

 

When they arrived at the apartment complex, Lu Han stumbled with closed eyes into his room. He dropped his body on the bed and just rested. He was tired and the library naps weren't really helpful. He wanted to sleep while knowing that he had actually a lot of work to do. He did want to finish that but it was just that he couldn't fight against his tiredness. If he would force himself to stay awake then he would surely fall asleep in college. That was not something he wanted to do. He would get attention- but just temporary.

 

 

 

Who knew what Sehun was doing? After bringing Lu Han all the way to his room, he went away probably trying to find some chocolate in a cupboard. Lu Han cracked a smile and buried his face more into the pillows. Sehun was kind of cute, if you close one eye and ignore his superiority complex. And he was young. Despite being 117 he had the body of a 17 years old. Would that make Lu Han a e? Well he didn't have any feelings for him but merely living with him...wasn't that weird? Whatever, it was not that he voluntarily wanted Sehun to stay.

 

 

 

He invited himself to live with Lu Han.

 

 

The intense ringing of his phone caused Lu Han to flinch and stifle a sigh. Who would call him? He didn't have work today so it couldn't be his work place. Sliding his phone out of his pocket, he tugged it up and scrutinised over the screen. He recognised this number. And sadly to say, Lu Han didn't want to answer this call. He wanted to ignore it. He would want to answer it when he would be ready not now. But his phone refused to stop ringing. Closing his eyes he took a deep breath and sat up. He placed phone to his ear and could feel the tears already coming.

 

 

Even though there was no talking to begin with.

 

 

 

 

 

How are you doing Han? Is everything alright?

 

 

 

"I'm doing fine." Helplessness set Lu Han's heart on the verge, twisting his fear tighter by the second up until it felt as if it would break apart. He didn't want to talk to his parents as they would only try to persuade him to move back. They weren't evil, just overly concerned that he was in a foreign country for no specific reason. It didn't make sense for them. But it made sense for him. And that was enough because nobody had to understand his decision.

 

 

 

Your mother and I are just worried. For us it's a waste of time that you are there.

 

 

He wasn't going to let them hear him cry, and Lu Han wasn't going to beg that he could stay. "But I'm learning am I not?" He was old enough to make his own choices and so he wouldn't make a big scene out of this all. If his parents wanted to show him that he couldn't do what he wanted then Lu Han would prove them the opposite. The world didn't resolve about them and their decisions. He had to lower his voice in fear of Sehun going to hear him. And this was not something he would be proud of.

 

 

 

 

We know. But how do we know that you are really learning?

 

 

 

Upon hearing those hurtful words, Lu Han's eyes got shiny and warm, everything was getting more blurred, "You don't trust your only son…?" He tried so hard to hold back the tears, but at that moment he couldn't stop herself. Leaving salty trails behind it, tears dropped down and no end was in sight. He knew that his parents were always careful around him but supposing that he wasn't trustable hurt a lot. Maybe Lu Han went too far because there was this long silence where nobody dared to say something.

 

 

 

We trust you. But we don't trust other people who may do bad things to you. You aren't really boyish Han nor are you particularly strong. Who knows what kind of people are out there who without our knowledge would approach you? You look like a girl and this is worrisome

 

 

 

 

For the first time since having his phone call, Lu Han felt like laughing.

 

 

 

"I'm not a girl...I'm....manly and strong." Lu Han's vision was unclear as the tears continued to flow down his cheeks. The atmosphere wasn't as serious as before so he allowed himself to smile when he heard the laughter from his parents. What he didn't anticipate to hear was that Sehun from the other room also laughed, "Manly?! You look like a girl shut up flat-! You have no rights!" Hearing this obvious disapproval, Lu Han's tears instantly vanished and were replaced with a sigh and scowl. Couldn't he mind his own business? Lu Han was having a mid-life crisis so he didn't really care about Sehun's opinion.

 

 

 

 

Who was that?

 

 

 

 

Collecting his feelings Lu Han shook his head, "A kid that lives with me. Don't worry he won't take advantage of me...he's too young." He sneered and denied any further involvements. He explained that Sehun was also a student but was too young to sign any papers for renting so Lu Han was kind enough to invite him. He also had to tell his parents that Sehun couldn't do much with paying bills. The serious conversation turned light-hearted hence Lu Han was jumping on his bed when telling his parents that he was doing well with his study.

 

 

 

Making a face whenever his parents mentioned girls, Lu Han said that he didn't have time for that.

 

 

 

"Don't worry! I'm y, free and single but not ready to bingo!"

 

 

 

Immediately he stopped jumping and pressed his phone firmer against his ear since his parents misunderstood, "N-No no! That's a song! Don't worry I'm not one of those people that go clubbing every day! I'm a good boy..." He couldn't lose any time to clarify because his parents were quick to jump to conclusion. He was a good boy after all and had only studying in his mind. He didn't have the patience for anything else. Even if he would want to, they wouldn't let him in any club since he looked too young. Showing his ID wouldn't work and he doubted that they would agree. It's not that he wanted to.

 

 

 

He clenched his jaw against the thoughts, willing himself to direct his mind away from such ideas, "No...I didn't....I swear! I'm good! I'm-" Then totally out of the blue, Sehun came from behind and placed both of his arms on Lu Han's shoulder and leaned down. He asked whom he was talking with to what Lu Han responded with a finger on his lips. He was telling him with this move that Sehun should keep his mouth shut so Lu Han could continue with his conversation. Right now he had a different problem by trying to explain his parents that he hadn't dated anyone since his arrival. It was no lie but his shaky voice made him sound suspicious. Well he had never dated in the first place.

 

 

Sehun wouldn't disregard such an opportunity, "Lu's is flat! FLATTER THAN PAPER!" He yelled into the phone so that Lu Han whined and attempted to move away from someone like Sehun. This was difficult because Sehun hugged him tight and didn't let him escape. He knew that he had an advantage because his parents didn't understand Korean but that didn't mean that they weren't curious. That voice was after all not their son's.

 

 

Desperately Lu Han spoke back and said that it meant that his roommate greeted them. Sehun then realised that they didn't speak the same language since Lu Han was from China. That meant that whoever was on the phone with him didn't understand Sehun. "Hey you tell them that you have a flat !" Sehun proposed and tightened his hold on Lu Han who gave him the are-you-for-real look. Clearing up that they were his parents caused Sehun to slowly nod with raised eyebrows.

 

 

 

That made everything of course different.

 

 

 

 

"YOUR SON HAS A FLAT !"

 

 

 

 

"Sehun! Why would you do that..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han was in the bathroom and was getting ready to sleep. He wanted to forget his own problems for once and just take care of his wrinkles. That was what he was doing. He was using his newly bought anti-aging face cream to get rid of any wrinkles he was supposed to have. He never paid attention to that but since Sehun kept pointing it out every two seconds, Lu Han had no choice but do something against that. He wasn't embarrassed that he acknowledged Sehun's rude opinion. If he would stop with the teasing then Lu Han had to do this.

 

 

 

They were just eye-wrinkles when he smiled but Sehun would stick his fingers into his ears and say that this wouldn't be valid.

 

 

Annoyed by those thoughts, Lu Han leaned over the sink and began to swiftly splash his face with lukewarm water. He washed his face after applying the cream and didn't even know for whom he was doing that. Wasn't it his business? The water was still flowing and Lu Han could barely hear Sehun who was sitting on the edge of the bathtub. Sehun was trying to have a conversation but Lu Han was busy with cleaning his face. He didn't even notice that Sehun had come and was ready to bother him.

 

 

 

Changing location, Sehun stood up from the bathtub and poked Lu Han's shoulder, "Let me see your face." He demanded and poked again for another time.

 

 

 

"No thank you." Lu Han quickly passed and carried on with systematically washing.

 

 

 

"Come on!"

 

 

 

"No I'm fine."

 

 

 

 

"Just one second-" Sehun took a hold of Lu Han's wrist because he wanted to see if he really listened to Sehun's advice with doing something against wrinkles. Lu Han had no choice and raised his head with a face full of anticipation. Was there any noticeable difference? It was not that there would be a huge change since he had started to use the cream and all sorts of lotions a day before. The thing was that Lu Han wouldn't be able to do much against the eye-wrinkles. Still observing Lu Han's wet face in detail, Sehun let his wrist go in satisfaction.

 

 

 

"You look good. Pretty even." He stated and for the first time he sounded sincere.

 

 

 

 

Widening his eyes Lu Han turned around and held his cheeks, "Really?" He asked, eyes shooting back to Sehun's face to see his expression. That was one of the few times when Sehun actually complimented him. Didn't always say that Lu Han looked boring? Everyone had always said that so hearing this was a change for once. Lu Han saw himself as plain as well but it hurt more to hear it from others he wasn't close with. He wanted to be called good looking even if it would be a one-time thing. This didn't matter and it would be very important for him to hear it. Sehun continuously said the hard truth without thinking about the consequences. For that reason this had to be the truth too.

 

 

 

 

 

There was a moment of silence.

 

 

 

 

"No, I lied." Sehun blatantly confessed and wasn't prepared of someone believing him. Lu Han was giving him the tired I-hate-you look and moved up to looking at the mirror. His face wasn't that bad. It wasn't boring. He didn't care if Sehun thought of it as a joke. Nobody had the right to claim his face as something unattractive. They were most likely just jealous.

 

 

 

 

"You don't look that good either." Lu Han muttered in the upcoming silence and stared intently at his own reflection. Sehun's ears didn't let that challenge slip so that he placed his hands on the sink to move up too. Pressing his cheek against Lu Han's he wanted to get as much space as possible. He also looked into the mirror, frown strengthening from the lack of response.

 

 

 

 

 

"I don't have reflection. Did you trick me?"

 

 

 

 

 

Lu Han slightly smiled and turned around to leave:

 

 

 

 

 

"Maybe you are too ugly for one."

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yes Lu called Sehun ugly lol

 

I put a lot of effort into this chapter so I hope you enjoyed!

 

Please Comment and upvote if you did!

 

I SARANG U GUYS

 

 

bomi xoxo