The truth behind the smile

LET'S KIDNAP THE MAKNAES


CHAPTER 4

the truth behind the smile

 

 

Yang Hyunsuk - or was more known as YG, the CEO or YG Entertainment - felt like he just had one of those weird dreams where he felt from a high place. You know those dreams where you suddenly plummeted into a long fall, then you feel your real body was falling too, and finally you woke up sweating and panting as if you just run a marathon? Except, YG felt like he fell because of shock and disbelieve. 

He was called by one of his valuable artist, G-DRAGON, who was in a mass panic attack. He was muttering so fast about nonsense while chocking on his tears. But one name awoke YG. That name was Lee Seunghyun

So, he quickly looked as decent as he can and drove to his office. There, he found his two oh his debuted boy groups in a panic mode. 

On the BIGBANG side, Youngbae was busy trying to calm the leader, Jiyong, down. Jiyong was biting his nails at this point. His old bad habit came again when he was deeply worried about something. TOP was talking to the phone, worried and all. YG guessed that he was talking to their band member, Daesung who was at Japan, promoting. 

Meanwhile, on the WINNER side, let's say that they doen't look like winners at all. Seungyoon was typing furiously on his phone, probably spamming a certain someone's message box. Mino was busy trying to call their maknae's phone. Mino was always so cheerful and silly looking that made YG almost forgot how intimidating he looked when he was mad. Jinwoo was panicked too and his eyes were red and puffy from crying. He was busy messaging Taehyun while trying to even his breathing. Seunghoon was trying to comfort the elder while also joining the spamming spree. Jiyong was the first to notice YG. 

"Hyung!" He called. He got up and stumbled to YG. "Eottokhaeyo?" 

"Okay, first," YG felt uncomfortable at the scene. He was too tired and sleepy to handle eight kids at once. "Both Jiyong and Seungyoon come into my office so we could talk." They all agreed quickly. 

YG opened the door to his office and let the two young ones in. He the lights, showing his majestic toys collection and modern interior designs. He usually come in with a proud feeling over his trophies, but that day, he felt more of despair. They sat on the chairs at the tables and started to share stories. 

Jiyong talked about what he knew. He stuttered and stumbled over his words as he did so. He told them about him making some songs. The nature called, so he went out to go to the toilet. He walked into Seungri - he chocked a sob at this part - at the hallway and went to the toilet. He came back but Seungri wasn't anywhere to be found. Instead, Mino came in, asking where Taehyun was. They noticed that the both maknaes disappeared. Taehyun won't answer his calls and Seungri left his phone in his house. 

Seungyoon awkwardly comfort Jiyong. He patted his back. He was worried himself, but inside, he knew Taehyun would be alright. That kid have guts. He wouldn't let any strangers boss him around. (Yeah, we all learn this part the hard way.) 

"Odd," YG finalled said. "Seungri would never leave his phone alone." 

"I know right?" Jiyong shrieked. 

"Calm down, Jiyong-ah," YG said slowly. It was rare to see Kwon Jiyong looking so emotionally unstable. "I doubt Seungri and Taehyun, especially Taehyun, to do anything stupid. There must be a reason behind this. Let me check the cameras." He his Mac Pro. They waited patiently. Being the CEO for the company let YG to excess every security cameras in the building. So he opened a window and looked over the security camera on the floor. "The cameras on the floor weren't working," he said, realizing that fact when he saw black boxes on his screen. then it hit him. "I was planning to replace the broken cameras today…" 

"What?" Jiyong cried in disbelieve. "You gotta be kidding me, hyung!" 

"I'm not," YG panicked a bit. 

"So what now?" Jiyong grumbled. 

"First of all," Seungyoon voiced out for the first time, "we can't let outsiders know about this. We are not even sure what happened to them. Its impossible if they're taken and harmed. They were in the building." 

"True," YG agreed. "I can reschedule your schedules for a week at most. By then, if both Seungri and Taehyun are still not return, we can let the police know." 

Jiyong wanted to scream and flip a table. They can't even wait a day. He can't let anything happen to his maknae. As annoying as he was, Seungri was still a special person to him. However, he knew how the media was. They were trash. The smelliest and dirtiest piece of trash of all. If they knew the maknaes disappeared, they will remix the news and will make it sound worser and more horrible than it seems. 

"Secondly," Seungyoon continued, "Taehyun still have his phone. Which means we can still track him down. Right now, his phone was off. We can only hope the phone will on and track him down." 

YG nodded. "That's all for now. I'll set a small secret search party for them. You guys try not create any panic. Go to your dorms and houses while I search." 

Seungyoon bowed. Jiyong just nodded reluctantly. Both of them exited the office. 

Outside, five pairs of eyes fixed on them. 

"How was it?" Youngbae asked. 

"We have to wait for now and try to contact Taehyun's phone while at it. We can follow our solo schedules." Jiyong sighed and messed his hair in frustration. "Thankfully, Seungri don't have solo schedules for now." 

"What about us?" Seunghoon asked Seungyoon. 

"We try to clear off from public eyes. Don't go out as four. Sajangnim said he'll clear our schedules for now. He'll also send a small search party for Taehyun and Seungri hyung. We can only wait." Seungyoon bit his lower lip, trying to control his feelings. He hate it when he can't do anything. 

"Let's go guys," Youngbae said. "We can't just stand here doing nothing." 

Everyone moved to their own path. Winner headed to their dorms and BIGBANG was heading to their works.

"They have a lot of explanations to do," Mino grumbled and let his phone turned off automatically because of low battery.

 

 

       ###

Half an hour passed after this familiar tall handsome guy walked in the apartment. 

All of them were seated at the little dining table at the kitchen. No one dared to utter a word. The guy sat facing Norae while crossing his arm. His face looked red because he was trying to hold his grudge. Norae doesn't even dare to look at him in the eyes, so she fixed her view towards the food that lied on the table. Iseul, on the other hand, was trying to keep herself busy by stuffing with mandus. She was trying to act calm, but the way she eats speaks otherwise. 

"Aren't you gonna explain anything Norae-ah?" Said the guy, breaking the silence. His face was clearly not happy. 

Norae looked down at her food with worried look, trying to find a perfect explanation for their deeds but nothing come to her mind. 

The guy change his gaze towards Iseul, who was busy chewing, trying her best to act calm as if she didn't hear what he just asked. When she noticed the latter was looking at her with an intense glare, she stopped chewing instantly. 

Meanwhile, the two hostages were sitting on chairs facing them at the living room, still tied to each other with their hands at their back still tied. 

"Oppa, aren't you busy with your work stuff? I thought you'd just bank in the rent money. You know you don't need to come this far if you are busy," Norae let out a fake chuckle, trying her best to change the topic. 

The man glared at her. Norae can tell that he was not amused with the current situation. She can't take his intense glare so she changed her gaze towards the food back. "You know kidnapping people is a crime right? Plus these two are not just people! They are idols! Are you out of your mind?" 

Norae cringed as the volume of his voice increased on every sentence. 

" Sunbae, calm down. It's was an accident," Iseul said, squeaked a bit, trying to explain the best way she could eventhough the reason itself sounded weird to her own ears. 

"Accident? How can you kidnapped two idols by accident?!" Yelled the guy. 

Before Iseul managed to explain more, her words were cut by Norae. "Oppa, you see, we sneak into YG building and happened to met them by accident. They aren't suppose to be there. Anyway, we are just trying to meet Tablo-ssi. Fate are mean 'cause he was not there, but instead these two monkeys." 

The two hostages looked at each other when Norae addressed them as 'two monkeys'. Sure, they haven't shaved that day - obviously the reason behind this was because they were kidnapped and all - but monkeys

"We don't have the choice but to kidnap them or else we'll be busted," explained Norae futher. She was talking so fast almost like she was rapping. It's not her ability or what. It just that she tends to speak fast when she's nervous. Norae wasn't expecting that she'll tell the truth. She planned to make up some ridiculous story but she was so scared with this man and can't think of any lies to trade with the real story so it turned out like this. 

"You guys did what?! You sneaked into the YG building?!" He cant belive this, he was starting to feel dizzy. "You gotta be kidding me! You know you could just leave them there and fled?! Why did you take such risk by kidbanning them?!" The guy stood up and stomp around the kitchen. He grab a mug full of water and gulp it in one go, hoping that the water would help him to calm down. It didn't.

"Sunbae, we were panicked and we don't know what we were doing. We will let them go. Don't worry. We just need them to guide us with... stuff and we'll let them go. We promised," said Iseul, trying to convince the latter. She smiled innocently, offering one of the mandus to the latter. Maybe offering the mandu as a peace offering did the trick.

His face softened a bit as he took the mandu. He can't stay angry at them for too long, can he? He sighed and sat back down an his seat. "Okay, but you better let them go right after you finish with your plans cos I'm afraid if you keep them too long, police will be involved and that's gonna be tough." Reminded the guy. He stuffed the mandu in his mouth. He doesn't have any choice rather than to go with their plan because no matter how crazy it sounds like, he still care for these two girls. He sighed again. 

"Ermm, dude, can you let us go now, seriously, I have job and life to handle, I don't have time to stick around like this," pleaded Seungri to the guy.

The guy looked at Seungri, disinterested, and continue munching some mandu. 

Seungri frowned at the latter's action. He thought it was rude to ignore people like that. "Is it just me or this dude over here look so familiar?" Asked Seungri to Taehyun, since he know that if he ask the guy himself he won't answer his question. 

"Yeah.. he some how looks like Jaehyun, the guy from Mcountdown, the MC?" said Taehyun, still eying the latter up and down to make sure if his guessing was right. 

The guy let out a chuckle when he heard the two making assumptions about his identity. 

"Babos, he is Anh Jaehyun, the MC of Mcountdown," said Iseul nonchalantly. She took another mandu and munch it, ignoring the two idiots who was now looking at Jaehyun in disbelief. 

"Oh, eomonim, send regards for you, she missed you much. You should come back home often," said Jaehyun, grinning to Norae. 

Norae stopped chewing and her expression darkened. "Oh... really?" Said Norae with a controlled expression. She stood up and walked to the kitchen, trying to avoid more conversation about this current topic. 

Each eyes at the dinning table trailled Norae walk in the kitchen - except for Iseul, who was busy looking at her mandu weirdly because it doesn't taste as delicious as usual. 

Taehyun frowned at her odd behaviour. They continued eating in silence. 

       # 

"Oppa, don't let them escape. If I come back and see an empty house, I'll hunt your flat everywhere!" threatened Norae to Jaehyun.

"Arasseo, kiddo. I'll make sure their asses will still continue sticking on the chairs like chewing gums when you come home." Cooed Jaehyun, showing two thumbs up to convince Norae.

Norae's eyes squinted, judging the latter in front of her. Somehow she was not convinced with the stupid grin plastered on Jaehyun's face.

 "Now go or you'll be late for work" said Jaehyun while ruffling Norae's hair in a mess.

Norae rolled her eyes. She waved at him while glaring at the maknaes.

Iseul smiled at Jaehyun politely from outside. Then they left.

Jaehyun closed the door and lock it from the inside, leaving the grumpy Norae and the silent Iseul outside. He walked to the room where they put the two hostages. He closed and locked the door behind him as he walked to the hostages.

 "Jaehyun-ssi, please let us go. You know you'll get in trouble if the police found out that you were involved in this kidnapping right?" Taehyun asked, fidgeting a bit.

Jaehyun sighed and crunch down to untie the hostages.

 Taehyun looked puzzled as he was untying him. He didn't expect that his plead would be this convincing. Maybe this guy was soft hearted by his pleading eyebrows. (Yeah, everyone loves ‘em eyebrows)

Jaehyun tossed the rope aside and moved on to Seungri. The latter was puzzled too, as he eyed Jaehyun doing his rope. Jaehyun stood up after he's done with Seungri.

He then wrapped the ropes his holding around the two hostages.

Their expressions changed to shocked.

"Ey ey, what are you doing? I thought you're letting us go!" Asked Seungri, trying to wiggle free. He regretted that he didn’t fled out as soon as he got untied.

Jaehyun sighed for the nth time after he's done with the tying. "You see, I don't want to do this but I've promised the girls to not let both of you escape. So I have to keep my promise." Jaehyun placed himself at the chair in front of the hostages to rest. "I think it'll be more comfortable if you are tied together instead of having your hands tied at your back right," he continued and put the back of his palm over his closed eyes.

"Why do you care about the girl so much? Who are you to them? A guardian angel or something? Gilfriends?" Hissed Taehyun out of blue.

Jaehyun chuckled at that question. He raised his hand to face the latter. "You see I don't know what they are up to but trust me, they won't hurt you. They are not those sasengs that you're thinking. They are just ordinary eccentric girls that want to be musicians." Jaehyun stared at their faces for a moment and continue, "So just do what they'll ask you to, because I'm sure it'll benefit both of you two."

 Taehyun frowned at the statement. He seemed to doubt this guy. Plus, he almost got killed in a washing machine. It would be crazy to admit that the girls are normal if they were in their shoes right now.

Seungri was busy reading Jaehyun's expression. He seems to like he was having a deep thought. "I'm not convinced with your statement, Jaehyun-ssi," said Seungri.

Taehyun look at him in disbelief. He thought this hyung would agree with this kidnapping all along, guess he's wrong. Maybe he changed his mind after the washing machine accident.

Jaehyun switched his gaze between the two hostages. He took a deep breath and it out harshly. "Okay, here goes nothing," muttered Jaehyun.

The two hostages looked puzzled as they watch Jaehyun dragging the chair closer to them.

"Let me introduce you to your kidnappers," Jaehyun started, with a big fake smile on his face."First of all, I am Norae's cousin. We used to go to school together with Iseul in Incheon. Yeah, I know I'm older but our s aren’t that big. We were so close that I don't address her mom as aunt anymore. Instead, I call her mom, eommonim. Until one day, I got serious problem with my eyes that required surgery, so I quit that school and move somewhere else to get medicine for my eyes. We got lost contact since then. I don't know how it happened but Norae's family moved to America. She doesn't like talking about her family much but," Jaehyun stop mid-sentence as he can't find the right word to continue.

The hostages' eyes widen.

"Norae's family is kinda rich too. Her father owned a big company. Somehow, she was not satisfied with her father's decision to move to America. They got into a huge fight. She ran away from home and came back to Korea and stayed with Iseul's family. They treated her well, until one day their business was corrupted in bankruptcy. So they had to go back to their hometown in Daegu leaving the two on their own. Their lives were tough. Norae got disowned by her father. Her credit card, allowance, phone everything got blocked by her father. It's not easy to survive in Seoul without a fixed job. If others were busy with school and college, they, on the other hand, were busy finding money to survive. They do many kinds of jobs, from cleaner to waiters, even delivery. Sometimes they even buskin at Hongdae." Explain Jaehyun. His eyes was started to become glassy as if he was about to cry. But he smiled instead.

"Wait they used to buskin at Hongdae?" Asked Taehyun, shocked. He looked at Jaehyun in disbelief.

"Yeah… Oh, I remember the time they got chased by police because they were buskin illegally and fate was on their side, they bump into me while running from the police," Continued Jaehyun, chuckling at the memory. Those girls were so unbelievably silly sometimes.

"I can't believe this," muttered Taehyun shaking his head.

Seungri was frowning, trying to digest the information he just got especially the disown part.

"Believe it or not, it's the truth" cooed Jaehyun.

 

      #flashback

 Taehyun was strolling at Hongdae since it was his break time. He needed some fresh air. The dancing room was starting suffocate him. Tonight will be one of the most important days for him. It's the monthly evaluation day. He had practiced days for this. He hoped he'll make it. It's always the same each month. Someone will get evaluated then leave, and then come new trainees as his new rivals. But they said the evaluation on that day was going to be different. If he passes, he'll get to be in the group for the new survival show. So he worked his off for this. Hope it was worth it…

 The evening was packed with people. Like usual, Hongdae was a place where there was always people around, no matter what time it is, especially at night.

Taehyun glanced at his watch. It's already past 6. He got at least 2 hours before the evaluation. He should be practicing but instead, he walked to the abandoned playground at Hongdae. Well, it’s not abandoned, it just that people don't use it as a playground anymore. Instead, they used the spot to do buskin and stuff.

Luckily for him, since he can see people are making a circle at the playground, there must be some pretty good music playing.

 As Taehyun walked closer to the spot, he can hear the familiar strums of a guitar. The closer he gets, the clearer he can hear the voices singing. It was so melodic.

To his surprise, there were two girls singing. They sang to one of his favorite songs, I'm Yours by Jason Mraz. Their voices were so soft and smooth, yet strong. They had different kinds of vocals but both of them mixed well. He was so into the music he didn't realized it had ended.

"Kamsahabnida, kamsahabnida," said Iseul and Norae almost in unison. They were bowing to every person who threw a penny or dollar in the guitar case. Both of them high fived each other when they see people keeps on giving tips for their performances.

Taehyun, who was at the far end, walked closer to them to place some money too.

"YAH! You! Don't run! Freeze!"

Taehyun turned to owner of the voice, so does the two girls.

Turned out it came from a police man at the other corner. He had his police friends tagging along too

"Aish!" Norae cussed and threw her guitar in the case not bothering to take the money. She zipped it half revealing a part of the handle and slung over her shoulder hastily. Iseul also gathered their bags and slung it over her shoulders. Norae ran first, with Iseul trailed after her.

 The policemen kept yelling for them to stop as they were after them.

Norae almost hit Taehyun on her way, but Taehyun was quick enough to move aside before Norae could bump into his chest. His eyes trailed the girls running and the policemen chasing after them. He turned around, shrugged; confusion was all written on his face.

     *

"Kamsahabnida, dwae." said Seungri to the cashier as she handed him two Americanos that he ordered.

She replied his gratitude with a warm smile.

He gave her his famous grin even though he was sure that girl didn't notice who he was since he put his dark shades on.

He grabbed the handle of the cup holder and walked out. Seungri pushed the glass door and walked out of the coffee shop. He was busy checking his Americanos lid to make sure it was perfectly in place, not bothering to notice that there were two figures running to his way in extreme speed.

He felt a harsh wind past by him before his shoulder was bumped with something.

A fresh smell of coconut brushed his face.

The Americano he was holding escaped his grasp and dropped onto the ground.

"Jaesonghabnida, jaesonghabnida," said Iseul hastily while bowing repeatedly.

Seungri was too shocked to say anything so he just stared at her. The smell of her shampoo or maybe cologne left a lingering smell on his nose.

"YAH! ppali!! They are close," yelled Norae who was a few steps away. Since Iseul wouldn’t budge, she ran back to Iseul and dragged her by the hand.

They fled and disappeared around the corner as fast as they appeared, leaving the confused Seungri behind.

 A moment later, two policemen approached Seungri.

"Sir, have you seen two girls running around here?" Said one of them while panting.

"Yeah... they fled around that corner," said Seungri solemnly. He didn’t know why he gave out that piece of information but somewhere deep in him felt he just made a mistake.

 "Thanks" said the policeman and continued running. His friend sighed in desperation and trail after him.

Seungri once again left in confusion. He looked down and grimaced at the sight of spilled coffee. He sadly turned and went back into the café to buy another one.

    *

 "YAH STOP!"

 The two girls turned around an alley of coffee shops.

Iseul cannot endure it anymore. She was out of breathing. Suddenly, she stopped and bended over a bit. Gasping, she held her chest trying to endure the pain.

Norae looked at her with worried look. She looked to the left and right hastily to find an escape door and saw a coffee shop nearby. She dragged Iseul with her and enter the coffee shop hastily. They sat at the bar at the end corner of the shop looking the other way, hoping the policemen didn’t notice them.

Norae could see at the corner of her eyes through the glass window in front of them, the policemen passed by not bothering to check in the coffee shop. A relieve sigh escaped her lips.

"Are they gone?" Asked Iseul, wheezing out her words.

Norae nodded. She was about to get up then suddenly her collar was pulled back by someone. She lost her balance but managed to grab the end of the table avoiding her to fall back flat. She turned her head to see who was tugging her collar, alarmed.

Iseul's jaw drop as he sees who was standing in front of her.

Behind Norae stood a very familiar tall handsome Jaehyun with a face as surprised as them.

" Oppa"

"Sunbae"

Both Norae and Iseul said, almost in unison.

"Don't tell me you got chased by the police, because you were stealing or something,” Jaehyun asked, almost sounding like he was threatening. He squinted at them.

     #end of flashback

 

Jaehyun got back to his senses after a moment of a flashback, reminiscing the past.

The two seemed immersed in deep thoughts too.

"Guys, you smell bad, I think you guys should clean up," Jaehyun stood up and reached for a black box on the nearby table.

The eyes of the two maknaes widen as they heard the word 'clean up'.

"No…Who knows what you'll do to us. You might stuff us in a washing machine and let us spin to death!” Taehyun accused with a dramatic tone/ He shook his head, his face looked so scared it was almost cute.

Seungri also shook his head, moving closer to Taehyun.

 Jaehyun chuckled at his action. "Why would I clean you in a washing machine? Don’t tell me the girls tried to do that to you before," Jaehyun was only joking. But judging by how scared they were, he guessed he was right. He started to laugh hysterically, like it is the funniest thing in his entire life. "That must be Norae's idea. Don't worry, I'm not as crazy as she is," said Jaehyun.

By the way he smiles and talk doesn't look as convincing enough to the two.

Jaehyun threw a black box he was holding at Seungri. The latter caught it by hand but it landed on his face, slipping down on his chest and he finally caught it.

 "Those are new boxers, I thought u guys might need that," Said Jaehyun nonchalantly. This guy seriously has the ability to change his expression in a blink of an eye.

"Boxers? How? What" blustered Seungri.

Jaehyun, who was about to untie them, stopped. "In case you are wondering, I used to live here with them because I think they might need some man power in the house. Then I moved out since I'm busy with work. I still come here occasionally to check on the girls" said Jaehyun while untying the last knot. "There, you better clean up fast ‘cause I'm sure you don't want the girl to clean you up right?" Jaehyun end his sentence with a smirk.

Hearing the word 'girls' Taehyun bolted up to the door and run to the toilet. Jaehyun picked up some clothes from the cupboard and throw it to Seungri. "Here, I think those might fit you guys. Imma wait outside."

 By then he walked out of the room leaving Seungri who was taking off his clothes alone in the room.

Why they didn’t try to run away? Jaehyun clearly locked the door loudly from outside. A shower seemed to sound less dangerous than jumping out of the window to their death.

 

    ###

"Is it okay to leave the boys to Jaehyun-sunbae?" Iseul asked as both of them waited for their trains.

"I'm sure its fine," Norae said and fixed her coat. She really needs to buy a new coat.

"I hope they don't beat sunbae and tried to escape," Iseul mumbled.

"Jaehyun-oppa may look weak - he even acted as a gay once - but he's stronger than his looks, you know."

"Hmm," Iseul hummed nonchalantly. "By the way, I took this with me." She took out a phone from one of her coat's pocket. It was the latest model from Samsung.

Norae looked at in, clueless.

 "It’s Nam Taehyun's," Iseul said. "I took it and charged it a bit."

"Oooo," Norae cooed, interested. She took it and turned it on. They both looked at it as it , looking amazed by the new Samsung Galaxy. They never had seen or touch the new model of Samsung, mind you. They were poor, if you haven't caught the fact yet.

The screen brought them to the password. "Let me try," Iseul said and did the pattern which looked like the alphabet W. The screen opened.

"Obviously," Norae scoffed. Suddenly, the phone rang. The screen show the name Mino Hyung~~

"Look at the name," Iseul laughed. "Namsong is real." She laughed louder.

Norae laughed too.

Then the call ended. She opened Taehyun's contact and saw some names. "Look at this one," Norae pointed at a name.

Smelly nag boxer

Iseul toppled over with laughter. "K-Kang Seungyoon."

"Wow, there's a lot of messages."

Katalk.

Jinu Hyung ♥: where are you? ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Katalk.

Smelly nag boxer : yah! Nam taehyun! Answer your calls and messages and tell us where you are!!! Why are you making everyone worried?? >:(

Katalk.

Seunghoon hyung : eodiya? Kwenchana??? D':

 Katalk. Katalk. Katalk.

"I think we should turn off the phone or something. People can track through the phones, these days," Iseul said while rubbing her teary eyes from laughing too much. "Plus, those Katalk sounds are starting to annoy me."

"Yeah," Norae said and turned off the phone. "We can't let them found us yet."

 Iseul nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

#A/N : THIS MORNING, WE WERE SHOCKED BY THE NEWS ABOUT ANOTHER PLANE WENT MISSING FROM SURABAYA TO SINGAPORE.PLEASE PRAY FOR THEM TO BE FOUND AND HOPEFULLY, STILL SAFE AND SOUND. #PRAYFORQZ8501.