Chapter 18

Let Me Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“Doojoon ahjussi!” Taejin hugged Doojoon’s legs. Doojoon who was talking to the customers surprised. The customers only smiled and bowed to Doojoon. They then went out. “Blue Kid! Where have you been?” Doojoon greeted him happily. Besides the busy hour just passed, seeing Taejin brighten his mood. But, he was confused when he saw Taejin’s elbow and knee. “What happened to your knee and elbow? You hurt it?” “It’s fine, ahjussi. I accidentally fell by myself.” “You should be more careful. You’re really okay?” Taejin nodded. He reached his pocket. “I brought you an ice cream.” Doojoon received the chocolate ice cream cup Taejin gave to him “Wahhh, it must be delicious. Thank you, Taejin,” Doojoon caressed Taejin’s head. They sat themselves on the corner of the restaurant. Dongwoon sulked to Taejin right away when he watched Doojoon and Taejin enjoyed their ice cream. “Taejin, didn’t you get some for Dongwoon ahjussi too?” Taejin shook his head cutely, made the ice cream stick he ate messed his mouth. “No. you never give me anything, ahjussi.” “That’s mean.” “Don’t listen to him, Dongwoon,” Taeyeon showed up from the entrance. She carried a pack of ice cream on her hand. There’s a cone of vanilla ice cream on her other hand. “I bought enough for you, Yoseob and other staffs. But Taejin insisted to have the ice cream all by himself.” “Those are mine, mama!” shouted Taejin. “How big your cheek will be if you kept eating all of these?” Taeyeon pinched Taejin’s cheek in exasperation which Taejin fought of. She then gave the pack to Dongwoon. “Take it.” Dongwoon’s face literally sparkled. There’s nothing more enjoyable than getting ice cream on the hot early summer afternoon like this. “Thank you, noona! You are the best indeed!” he sticked his tongue out to Taejin and ran to the kitchen. “Mama, why are you giving my ice cream to Dongwoon ahjussi?” Taejin pouted his lips. “You gotta learn to share, Taejin. You can’t eat all ice cream by yourself. You either get a cold or a stomachache.” “But what if I am still hungry?” “I will make you pasta then,” Doojoon answered. “Really? You promise ahjussi?” Doojoon nodded. “It’s been a long time since I made you one.” “Mama, you will never get to try my pasta. Never!” “Don’t be so sure. I know Doojoon ahjussi is more generous than you,” Taeyeon mocked. Doojoon looked at Taeyeon who eating her ice cream dorkly. His stare make his feeling obvious. They haven’t talked much since their first date back few months ago. And Doojoon planned to ask her out again. “Taeyeon noona!” Yoseob’s head plop out from divider between kitchen and cashier. “I got your ice cream! You are so thoughtful!” Taeyeon chuckled. “You’re too much, Yoseob.” “Noona, I’ve been working on my new dessert recipe. You want to be one of my testers?” “Can I?” “Of course, come on in! It’s not too crowded anyway.” “Taejin, you want to come? Tasted Yoseob ahjussi’s cake?” “Nope, I’ll stay here with Doojoon ahjussi.” “Fine, don’t screw up, okay?” Taeyeon then went to the kitchen. “Ahjussi,” “Uhhmmmm,” Doojoon couldn’t answer because he was enjoying his ice cream. “May I help you?” “Help me?” “With customers, I want to help you with customers. I always want to take orders.” “You know how to do it?” “Dongwoon ahjussi can do it. That must be easy,” Taejin’s words made Doojoon laughed. “I already practiced once in school. We simulated a restaurant game. Well, I was played a manager yesterday but I think a manager too can take orders, right?” “You even practiced?” Doojoon nodded. When they talked, a doorbell rang. A man just came in. He looked around and picked a seat close to the window. “Mmmmm, Kim Taejin,” Doojoon ate a spoonful ice cream to his mouth “your first customer.” Taejin looked at Doojoon. “Really? I can do it?” “You’re the one who told me you can do it. Why are you asking me now?” Doojoon smiled. “Go. Bring the menu, don’t feel pressured.” “I will do my best! I won’t let you down!” Taejin gave his ice cream to Doojoon and took a menu on the cashier table. Dongwoon that was reading a magazine shocked looking at Taejin. “Hyung, what are you doing? You let Taejin handle the customer?” “He was the one that ask for it. He was earnest and love talking to new people. I’m giving him a chance to learn and talk.” “But, he’s only six.” “He’s doing fine. He can pick his words well. Maybe in his past life he was a negotiator. Maybe he has a public speaker whatsoever blood in his bloodline. He’s gifted,” Doojoon mumbled and tasted Taejin’s ice cream.

 

Minho was cranky.

He was starving. And if he’s hungry, there’s only one thing that could happen. His mood would break instantly. It’s not like Minho didn’t try to cook by himself after Tiffany left, but he just realized there’re many simple things he could do with one hand. His broken right hand couldn’t do anything. The only thing he could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter