Chapter 7

Pinwheels

 

Jungkook smiled as he waved goodbye to Hyerim who just entered the door of her house. Jungkook was happy, although not satisfied because of his shyness towards his crush, at least he have the opportunity to talk to her and walk her home. He mentally reminded himself to thank his bestfriend for this, and maybe to treat her for a meal. Although his wallet would cry if he treated Haneul since she’s a big eater.

Jungkook started walking home and as he came near to a daycare center he saw a mother with her child happily running towards her, and Jungkook noticed the pinwheel on the kid’s hand, reminding him of Haneul.

“Look Mom! We made pinwheels today!” the little girl beamed excitedly to her mom

“Wow that’s so pretty, you’re so good!” her mom praised her and then held her hand ready to go home. The kid waved goodbye to her friends and skipped happily with her mom.

Jungkook just watched the cute kid but then she lost grip of the little pinwheel she made, and the sudden blowing of wind brought the pinwheel on the road. Jungkook saw that the girl was about to cry, and him wanting to help, was about to run to pick up the pinwheel but the coming car had stopped him. And just like that the car run over the pinwheel that laid on the road; dirtying it, tearing it, ruining it.

Jungkook didn’t exactly know why he had stared at the broken pinwheel on the road for a long time, as if he felt something strange. His attention just shifted away from the folded piece of paper when heard the crying of the girl and her mom trying to soothe her, saying that they will make more pinwheels when they got home.

“Haneul” out of the blue, he spoke of her name, her that should be home by now… but is she?

As if on cue, his phone rang. He quickly fetched it from his pocket as if his life hangs onto it. “Hello?” he said, almost shouting, due to the unknown heavy feeling. And it seems that the person called just as to confirm the reason of his worrying.

He immediately spun and made his way to get a cab so as to reach the hospital faster, where Haneul was said to be in.

 

 


 

 

 

Running through the hallways of the hospital after getting the information from the nurse, Jungkook stopped in his track as he saw three familiar guys outside the operating room; one was standing while leaning on the wall, looking calm and as if thinking deep. The two were sitting down, but the other looked so devastated, meanwhile the other one was the one who noticed him coming.

Seeing them angered Jungkook and he immediately went to one of the seated guys, pulling his collar up and landing a punch on his face, strong enough to make him land on the floor, the other two were two shocked to prevent Jungkook from attacking, but were quick getting backl to their senses so as to stop him from attacking more

“Hey wait calm down!”

“What did you do to Haneul!” Jungkook screamed as he tried to attack Jimin again, but Jin held him. “Let me go! Yah!”

“Calm down!” Jin said

Jimin didn’t move, he just stared blankly at Jungkook then back to staring at nothingness. He felt too weak to fight back, all of his mind was on Haneul, who could be dying now inside that room.

“Yah!!!!” Jungkook screamed in frustration “How the can I calm down when I know that my bestfriend  is in there! Possibly dying! And it’s all because of you!” Jungkook can’t control his anger and shouted at the three. But then Suga landed a punch on his face, bringing him down the floor as he send daggers at Suga with his glare.

“Will you shut the up?! If it’s not for Jimin your friend would have still been there on that ing road, alone and dying! You’re not even there so don’t dare blame us for this !” Suga spat at Jungkook and Jin tried to hold him so as to prevent him from attacking Jungkook, but all the while Jimin was still at the floor, part of him wants to agree with Jungkook, that it was because of him that Haneul was in that condition, because he didn’t run fast, because he can’t prevent the car from hitting her. But what can he do? He’s just a mere human with no superpowers to save her.

Jungkook then, became quiet. Yes, he didn’t know what exactly happened, Jin just called him and told him that Haneul was in the hospital, he didn’t even know why it was Jin who called him, and why are those three there, and what had really happened to Haneul that caused her to be there. All he knew was that Haneul was hurt, and seeing those three, whom he never really trust, angered him so much. Haneul was really important for him and he’d do anything just to protect her.

The four guys were left in silence and the thing that broke it was the opening of the door followed by the doctors’ footsteps.

 

 


 

 

Taehyung weakly breaks down over the couch, he was like a mad man, brushing and pulling his hair with his own hand, and whispering the words “I don’t want to go to jail” repeatedly. The two other guys’ state was not really far from his. Jhope was sitting on the floor, his elbows using his knees for support as his hands clasp infront of his face and the trembling cannot go unseen. Rap Monster goes back and forth the room, trying to think and to brush away the trembling that his body was feeling.

Taehyung thought that he was going insane. Haneul’s face didn’t left his mind. He kept asking why this thing should happen to him. When they bumped into her back in the dark alley, he really wanted to help her, thinking that she might be in danger if EXO have seen her. But he didn’t. His hyungs pulled him already for them not to get caught by EXO who was running after them.

It was really wrong to mess with those guys. And it’s more wrong that they rode that van.

They pushed the van’s driver away when they saw him having a phonecall outside his car and ride his van. Without knowing that the reason why the driver parked his car was because it’s broken and he was calling the mechanic. But then again, they didn’t know. And so they drove off hoping to get away from those who were running after them. And just after crossing the highway intersection, when they were already trying to stop the van, they can’t. Because the breaks were broken.

 Rapmon was the one driving, and it didn’t help him controlling the van when Jhope was panicking beside him and Taehyung was also shouting stop, and after a few zigzag over the straight road, when they finally got lost control, Taehyung clearly saw, Haneul’s innocent face turning towards them, then they hit her.

“H-hyung…. Wh-what if… what if we killed her?.... hyung…” Taehyung said clearly stuttering

“We…. We didn’t do it! It was an accident!” Jhope answered

“B…but….hyung I don’t wan’t to be imprisoned! Hyung what shall we do!”

“Taehyung ah, we won’t go to jail, we’re minors… b-but even if she died or not we still have consequences to face….” Rapmon answered

“Then what shall we do?!” Jhope said, standing up and going over to Rapmon, demanding some answer

“V, call your father” Rapmon said

“A..appa? But you know I can’t hyung” he said. The reason why Taehyung got into a gang was because he rebelled against his dad, he didn’t like how his dad treat him as a pet.

“Taehyung!” Rapmon held V’s shoulders “It is the only way. Your father has the money! He has the influence, the power! He is the only who can cover for us. He is our only hope” Rapmon said