Chapter 3

Pinwheels

 

 

Haneul raised her head that was resting on her table when she felt something thrown to her. She looked beside her and saw Jungkook holding his laugh, she looked down and saw the crumpled paper that he threw at her. She picked it up and threw it back to Jungkook. “What a way to greet your friend huh” she said to him with a glare because he disturbed her sleep. It was a Monday morning and she got to school a bit early so she took a nap first.

“Hey” She called him “Where have you been this weekend? I can’t contact you” she asked

“I went to my grandma’s house. I’m busy taking care of her farm”

“Why did you go there?”

“Because she’s sick”

“She’s sick?! Aish why didn’t you told me I could’ve prepared something for her!” she whined. Haneul already met Jungkook’s grandma and she’s really kind.

“I forgot,I rushed there when I learned about her condition. But don’t worry she’s fine now”

“That’s good to hear” she said, and soon the teacher came in.

 

When bell for lunch rang, Haneul and Jungkook stood from their seats and went to the cafeteria, after buying their food they decided to eat at the garden since the cafeteria was too crowded already.

“So how’s your weekend?” Jungkook asked

“Nothing interesting, aside from meeting Taehyung at the market”

“Aish, Taehyung again”

“Whatever… oh right Kookie ah, do you know someone named ChimChim here in our school?” She asked, remembering the three guys who helped her.

“ChimChim? It sounds familiar… why?”

“He helped me last Friday with my groceries along with his friends Suga and Jin… yeah if I’m not mistaken those were their names”

“What?!”

“You know them?”

“I remember now. Yah don’t get near them again” he said that made Haneul confused

“Why?”

“Those three, they’re a group of notorious guys”

“There you go again” She rolled her eyes at her friend “Is every guy at school notorious for you?”

“I’m telling the truth. Well I didn’t personally know them, but Jin, Suga and ChimChim, their group is V, Jhope and RapMon’s group's enemy” Jungkook said

“And so? And who are these V, Jhope and Rapmon?” she asked

“I thought you like Taehyung? Why didn't you know who V is? V is Taehyung, Jhope is Hoseok sunbae and Rapmon is Namjoon sunbae. Those were like their codenames or something when their outside school and fighting other kids”

“Really? Then is Suga and Jin still studying here?”

“They already graduated last year and the only one left is ChimChim, but the three were not attacking him here even if he’s left alone, maybe because they were inside school”

“Taehyung won’t attack him if he didn’t do anything wrong. Don’t think that they were always starting fights without a reason”

“Why are you defending them?”

“Because they are not what you think they are. Yes, maybe they have been labeled as notorious and trouble makers but that doesn’t mean that they're really bad. And as I told you, Jin, Suga and ChimChim helped me out last Friday and they’re not scary”

“Fine. But still, always be careful”

“I know that, and duh it’s not like I’m going to be friends with them. And why do you know a lot of those stuffs about them? Are you perhaps a member of a gang too?”

“Aish, me? Oh please I don’t have time for their s I have to focus on my study. Oh do you know that ChimChim and V are classmates?”

“Really?”

“Hmm” he nodded

“Wait, why I haven’t heard of them? Jin, Suga and ChimChim? Aren’t they famous like the other three?” she asked

“They were too, but just like what you know about the other three, they were more famous by their real name. They were famous but those three were actually quiet and seemed to have the cold outward appearance, that’s what I heard about them”

“What are their real names?”

“Hmm, Jin is Kim SeokJin, Suga is Min Yoongi, ChimChim is… I don’t know”

“What?”

“I didn’t know. Junhong wasn’t able to finish telling me all” he just shrugged

“Wow and since when did you become a gossiper?” she asked and chuckled, but Jungkook just rolled his eyes.

 

After eating their lunch the two went back to their classroom and on their way when their on the hallways they saw ChimChim at the field, he was wearing his P.E uniform while playing around with two boys. It’s obvious that their next class is P.E and before the class the students just play around.  Haneul actually find ChimChim cute, he was laughing with his friends and she just like it when his eyes disappeared into lines while laughing. Thinking what Jungkook has said earlier, Hanuel wandered her eyes among the class and look for Taehyung and there he is sitting on the grass while watching the three guys played with a ball until one of them accidentally threw the ball into Taehyung’s direction.

Hanuel watched as Taehyung picked the ball before going to the three. She thought that Taehyung would be angry at them because it was known, as Jungkook said, that Taehyung and Jimin are rivals in whatever gang they were in, but Taehyung threw the ball back and the four guys started to play dodgeball and unexpectedly Taehyung and ChimChim were on the same team against the other two guys.

“Kookie… I thought they’re enemies?”

Jungkook just shrugged while watching them, “I don’t know”