Chapter 2

Pinwheels

 

One thing that Haneul was curious about Taehyung was his voice. Taehyung is known to smile a lot to people, but he rarely talks. But it was once contradicted by his friends Hoseok and Namjoo. So Haneul’s conclusion is that he only talks to his friends. There were few who have heard his voice and they said that it was deep and attracting, that’s why Haneul really wants to hear his voice. But she was too shy to even approach the guy.

After school, Jungkook walked her until the bus stop and her bestfriend was surely getting annoyed by her complaints of going to the market. Her mother just asked her to go to the market and Haneul hates going to the market because it means her time for reading her precious books will be lessened. Jungkook can’t accompany her so she said goodbye to him once the bus came, but he didn’t forget to ruffle to hair before she entered the bus. She sat by the window and stuck out her tongue at Jungkook and the guy just laughed as he waved his hands and walked off. The bus was about to move when another guy came running and stopped the bus and ride it. Haneul didn’t really paid attention until the guy sat beside her and made her to glance at him.

She wasn’t really sure if she’s lucky or not to be near with her ultimate crush a.k.a Kim Taehyung. On the outside she her face was blank, trying not to stare at the guy who sat beside her on the bus, but on the inside she was screaming. She nervously just look out the window, but secretly took glances, she was nervous sitting beside Taehyung while the guy was just casually sitting there while eating his lollipop in a y way.

Haneul didn’t know how she survived the 15 minute ride with the Kim Taehyung beside her, but right now she had another problem. She will get down by the next stop, but Taehyung hadn’t show any signs that he will get down by that stop, how can she get down if Taehyung was on her way, she would probably be clumsy in front of him. She’s already thinking how she would say excuse to Taehyung. But fortunately when the next stop came, Taehyung also stood up. “So this was his stop” She thought.

Haneul was surprised when Taehyung stopped by the bus door and looked at her. He then stretched his arms and let her go down first, being a gentleman at the bus. “T-thank you” Haneul said stuttering and Taehyung smiled at her. Haneul felt that her world stop with that smile, and before she embarrassed herself more she immediately went down the bus and walk away but look back after a few steps and saw Taehyung heading the other way. With a smile, she headed to the market. She now have the energy to do what her mother asked her and she mentally noted to thank her mother for asking her to go the market today.

 

Haneul got her phone from her bag and dialed Jungkook’s number as she got a pushcart and made her way to the groceries. “Kookie-ah!” she greeted when he picked up

“What?” Jungkook answered from the other line

“Guess who I ran into on the bus?” she said with a smile and got a box of cereals

“Who?”

“Kim. Tae. Hyung”

“What? Wait did he hurt you?”

“Yah!” she shouted at the phone and stopped when she noticed that peope around were looking at her, so she immediately got 2 milk cartons and walked ahead with head hung low “Don’t talk like that, he’s a nice guy. In fact he’s a gentleman; he even let me got down first. And oh his smile, his lovely smile, Jungkook! He smiled at me! Kim Taehyung just smiled at me! I’m so lucky!”

“Pfft, he likes to show off”

“Aish, why did I even call you? You’re no fun”

“But-“

“Whatever bye!” she said and hung up and just continued to get what’s on her mom’s list.

After paying all the groceries, Hanuel got two big plastic bags and she had a hard time carrying them. She was already near the bus stop but she noticed that the other bag was getting light.

“Miss!” someone called from behind, she was not sure if she was the one being called but she turned her head and saw three guys running to her while carrying some groceries on their arms, she even saw one of them picking up an orange and that’s when she only noticed that one of the bags she’s carried had a hole.

“Oh my gosh” she said and picked up the rest

The three guys were already near her and she bowed to them “I’m sorry for bothering and thank you”

“We’ve been calling you a lot of times already” one of them, who had a pale white skin and small eyes said after sighing

“I’m really sorry” she bowed again

“It’s fine. And here are your stuffs. But I don’t think you can put them at that bag again” the other one who was taller than the two with broad shoulders said

“It’s okay I got an extra bag, I can take care of it. Thank you so much again for the help” Haneul said and bowed again, she took out an extra bag and put all the spilled groceries there, the boys help her putting them too. She noticed that the tallest guy was really kind and was the one who helped her the most, the pale also smiled, once, but he was like annoyed or something, and the third guy was so serious. But Haneul noticed that the third guy was wearing her school’s uniform, but she haven’t seen him at school. His cheeks were chubby and had cute eyes, if only he would smile too. "Thank you so much again, if not for yoy\u I'm sure my mother would kill me once I'm home" she said

"No problem, we're happy to help" The tallest said, but she doubt that the other two were really happy "I'm Jin by the way" he introduced himself "This is Suga" he said and pointed at the guy will pale white skin

"Hey" Suga just said

"And this is Ji--" 

"ChimChim" The last guy said plainly cutting Jin, and glanced at Haneul but immeadiately look away

"Oh, nice to meet you. I'm Haneul" She said and after a while bid goodbye to them politely and ride the bus.

When she got home she was so tired so she headed immediately to her room after putting the groceries at the kitchen. She put her bag on the chair and threw herself on the bed. She thought of Taehyung again and smiled widely. She stretched and sat up and the caught the sight of four spinning pinwheels. She got up from her bed and headed to her table, which was adjacent to her window. She got the blue pinwheel on her bag and put it among the rest. She also got the letter and put it on a box where she keeps PJM’s letters. 

She look up at the clear sky, now her thoughts was on the pinwheel guy, whom she only knew as PJM. “Who are you PJM? I wonder what you look like” she mumbled, and unconsciously her thought flew to the three guy who helped her earlier, and the one who caught her attention among them, was the smallest guy who didn’t even smiled at her, thinking if she would see him at school one day. "Hmm ChimChim?"