Chapter 6

Pinwheels

 

Jimin turned his gaze away from Haneul. It hurts him to see her in such a state, he knew she was scared to death. “S-sorry” he heard her said in a shaky voice. Once again he glanced at her, down to her hands that held the pinwheel. It actually surprises him, that with all the running she was still holding that folded piece of paper. Suddenly Haneul hid the pinwheel behind her, Jimin looked up and saw that she was staring at him.

“Go that way, it’s safe and just a few steps from the highway” Jin said, of course he’s calm. But Haneul didn’t move, maybe because she was still scared. “Do it now before we change our minds!” Suga shouted at her, finally making her run away to where they told her. Jimin curled up his fist, wanting to punch Suga for shouting at Haneul but of course it’s the only way. And he was already used to it, Suga was always like that.

After some time, Jimin finally moved, walking to where Haneul went. “And where do you think you’re going?” Suga asked

“I’ll follow her”

“Tss, whatever. Just make sure that next time, your girl won’t take us into trouble” Suga said

“Don’t worry” Jimin answered and continue walking

 

“Hyung” Suga called Jin when Jimin was out of sight

“What?”

“Have you ever fallen in love?”

“Why?” Jin chuckled

“I just don’t get Jimin and all of the things he’s doing for that girl. It’s stupid” Suga said, shaking his head

“You’re saying that because you never experienced it, ‘cause you’re always sleeping. Come on, do you want me to set you in a blind date?” Jin said

“No thanks I rather sleep” Suga answered

“I knew you would say that”

 

 


 

 

Jimin followed Haneul from a distance, making sure that she was safe. But Jimin noticed that she’s in a hurry, with that he also fastened his pace. Haneul reached the intersection, just waiting for the street light to change to go so that she could cross the road. With the intersection filling up with people, Jimin had to move a bit closer, watching Haneul with sharp eyes, not wanting to lost her.

When the light turned green, he moved with crowd to the other side of the road and there everyone dispersed to their own ways, finally giving him a better view of Haneul. Jimin tought that she could already leave Haneul, she was now walking the road to her house, it was a bit empty but was definitely much more safer than the dark alley.

Jimin walked a bit longer and when he knew that she was safe because he can already saw her house from a far, he decided to halt and go home. He just made a few steps when he noticed a white van, driving fast. Too fast for the allowed speed on the road.

The nect thing Jimin heard was loud horns booming, tilting his head, he saw that the white van was turning left and right. He immediately felt nervous, the van seemed to be in a bad condition. Another car was coming from the other side, but the fan kept on switching lanes.

The white van tried not to hit the other coming car but instead turned to right and went straight ahead the sidewalk.

Everything happened too fast. The first second, Jimin looked at Haneul who was running home, then next she turned her head to the sound of horns, the van was coming her way but the van was too fast that it didn’t allow her to make a single step.

Haneul was hit by the van, making her body to be thrown a few meters away due to the impact.

 

“HANEUL!!!!!”

 

Jimin ran to Haneul, he trembled down on her side…. Blood. She was full of blood… even the pinwheel that surprisingly was still with her was already covered with blood “H-Haneul ah” Jimin’s hands were shaking as he touched her face “HANEUIL!!”

“HELP US!!” He called, turned around for any sign that there is someone to help.

But there’s none.

 

Jimin’s eyes then landed to white van, and his blood boils as he saw the culprits getting away, he wanted to run to them and beat them to death, but he can’t leave Haneul. He quickly dialed the ambulance on his phone, with trembling hands.

As he held on Hanuel’s hand, he gave the culprits another glare as he promised himself to get even with them.

 

“I will never forgive you for this…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…Kim Taehyung”