Chapter 1

Blood Line

Ten years later:

            Kikwang was looking at the hundreds of security cameras in his office. Watching everything that was going on in the hotel. It was his job to keep the others updated on what was going on and if there were any problems. Thankfully it was getting late and the activity was beginning to die down a bit at the hotel. Soon the others would join him. Kikwang got lonely sitting day after day in this big empty room. Just then he spotted someone on his screen. It was a young girl, about twenty. She looked extremely familiar to him. Put he couldn’t place his figure on why she looked familiar. He decided to go check it out for himself.  Kikwang made sure to lock up after he left and take the secrete passageway to the main floor.

“How can I help you tonight,” said Yoseob showing the girl his beautiful smile.

“I have a reservation, Rose, Martens”

“Let’s see……” said Yoseob looking at his computer screen, “Aw here you are. Suite 304. Would you like someone help you with your bags?”

“Oh I’ve got it,” she smiled taking her room key, “there isn’t much.”

Kikwang froze, he recognized her name but didn’t know why. Even her voice sounded familiar but he had no idea why.

“You know I may not be able to see you,” said Yoseob, “but I can still tell when you’re standing a foot away from me.”

Kikwang looked around, making sure that no one was in the lobby. Then he revealed himself.

“Sorry I had to see something for myself I know I’m…”

“It’s okay, what is it? I’ve never seen you like this.” Said Yoseob Kikwang’s arm noticing that something was seriously bothering him.

“That girl….I think I know her.”

“You mean from your previous life?” asked Yoseob

“I don’t know, I just get this feeling I know her, the name is familiar. And so is her face but I don’t know how I know her.”

“ I’ll see if I can get  Doojoon or Hyunseung to look into her a bit. Now go back downstairs before someone sees you.”

            Yoseob was worried about Kikwang, he’d never broken the rules before and he wondered who this girl really was. If she had a connection to Kikwang it could cause problems later, especially if she noticed Kikwang when he made his rounds.  Yoseob sent a message to Doojoon that they needed to talk that night after Kikwang had made his rounds. Kikwang was still very young, most of them had been around long enough that the people they knew from their passed life were dead.  Dongwoon still had a few old family members around but they’d moved far enough away that they never ran into each other. Hyunseung and Doojoon were buy the oldest of them.

            Hyunseung was making his own rounds when he received Yoseob’s message.  He let out a sigh. He told Doojoon that they should’ve moved after he’d created Kikwang , especially after Lee Joon appeared but Doojoon had insisted that they would be alright and all they had to do was keep Kikwang where no one could see him. Of course that had brought on a lot of problems of its own. Kikwang had rebelled  the first five years, now he was gradually accepting his face but doing what Kikwang did was not easy and it was no way to spend an immortal life.  If this girl was from Kikwang’s past it could bring up a whole lot of issues. Not to mention that people were starting to wonder who their mysterious head of security.  Everyone else the public knew and loved. From the co CEO’s and owners Doojoon and himself, to  Dongwoon and his incredible cuisine. But no one knew about Kikwang except by his work.

“Is something wrong?” asked Junhyung after they’d gathered, he noticed Kikwang scratching his throat and his voice sounded a little horse.

“I ran out of blood,” he said gesturing to his mini fridge, “and I’m thirsty.”

“Which reminds me,” said Dongwoon, “we have a shipment coming in tonight, shall I take Kikwang with me?”

“No, take Yoseob,” said Doojoon, “if you run into trouble you’ll need him.”

Kikwang’s smile quickly faded, he never got to go out. Even for a blood pickup.

“Are you sure you know this girl?” asked Hyunseung changing the subject to the real issue.

“Yes,” said Kikwang, “at least I think I do. Her name is familiar and so his her face but I can’t figure out how. Isn’t this a good thing though? I want to know who I was before…before I was changed.”

“You really don’t know?” asked Yoseob.

It was usual for the memories of a vampire’s human life to quickly fade into the background after they were changed but for Kikwang he had completely lost his memories. No one knew why, it might have to do with his ability to turn invisible but  none of them knew for sure.

“NO!” yelled Kikwang hoarsely, “how many times do I have to tell you guys that my memory is all gone. This girl could be the key though, can’t I just talk to her?”

“NO!”  said Hyunseung and Doojoon together, their eyes glowing,

Kikwang backed down, but that didn’t mean he agreed with their answer. But there was nothing he could do.

“Dongwoon I think you better go get that shipment.”

“Kikwang, we’ll look into it and see if we can find answers,” said Junhyung placing his hand on Kikwang’s shoulder, “but for now just stay put and keep out of sight.”

Kikwang just nodded, as the youngest there wasn’t much he could do. The others left and Kikwang was left all alone. He sat down at his desk watching the hundreds  of cameras. He wanted to rip something apart so bad. It was so frustrating that he had to be cooped up all the time. Everyone else got to do just about whatever they wanted. Except for him. He eventually got impatient waiting for Yoseob and Dongwoon to get back so he climbed to the rooftop to look out for them. While he was up their he gazed out at the city lights. This was as close as he could get to the rest of the world.  Because of Lee Joon he had to stay in the underground rooms.  At first it was also because he was a newborn but now he had his urges under control  Even though Hyunseung and Doojoon were the same age as Lee Joon they were still afraid of him. As he was waiting for them a pigeon flew by and Kikwang caught it in his hand fast as lightning. He carefully bit into the bird and out the little bit of blood it had. But it only slightly quenched his thirst. A moment later Kikwang heard Yoseob and Dongwoon approaching. An instant later he was back in his room looking at his cameras like he’d never left.

“Here you go,” said Dongwoon tossing him a bag of blood.

“mmm, A type,” smiled Kikwang as he began to the blood out of the bag.

“I got to get back to the front desk, Kikwang let me know if something happens.” Said Yoseob

“Sure.”

“You’re still upset aren’t you?” said Dongwoon picking up a unit of blood for himself.

“Of course I am,” Said Kikwang almost breaking the table as he slammed his fist down, “I’ve been cooped up in here for ten years. I can’t spend eternity like this. I’ll go crazy.”

“I’m not supposed to tell you this but I think you should know…”

“What?” asked Kikwang his yellow eyes getting big.

“Hyunseung and Doojoon have a meeting with the Council this week. They are hoping to get it so you don’t have to stay hidden all the time. We haven’t had an incident here in over a decade so they’re hopeful that the Council will grant their request.”

“Why didn’t they say anything?” asked Kikwang frustrated

“They don’t want to get your hope up incase their request is declined.”

 

            Meanwhile Rose was settling down in her suite. Right now she was only staying a week. If she discovered a reason to stay longer then she would bring in more of her things and equipment. Her boss wanted  her to check out this hotel,  the Board had it’s suspicions that it was linked to the underground world and it was her job to found out if it was. So far it looked completely normal. But as Rose knew looks could be deceiving. There was one thing though….that friendly recipients for some reason Rose had a feeling that there was something behind that bright smile of his. Often times her hunches were right so right now she was going to do some more research on the hotel, particularly that young man and then poke around a bit in the morning. 

Okay I know it's short but I promise more will come. Who do you think Rose's boss is, why is she looking into the hotel? Do you think Kikwang will get his wish and be allowed to be out in the world and not always hiding? I hope you are ejoying it. Please comment and subscribe.